+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nepean Tresillian

Hi mums and dads,

I'm due to take my 5 month old into Nepean Tresillian next month to help with feeding, sleep and anxiety issues. I'm hoping that somebody here has been there and can help with some questions of mine. I know I could ring them but I would rather hear it from mums and dads who have been there

● Do you share a room with other people like you would on a ward? (I snore like a band saw)
    ● Are you allowed to have visitors? (I don't think his grandma can go 4 nights without seeing him)

Any other information you could share would be really appreciated

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. 😊
    I went there about 5 years ago. I had anxiety and bub was feeding off that so quite unsettled. . 5 days later with more confidence I was a different person (and my DD was sleeping sooooo much better). I hope they help u like they did me. To answer your questions (unless things have changed since I went) I had a private room with ensuite and bub has their own room too but it is attached to yours. I'm pretty sure all the rooms were like that. I'm pretty sure u can have visitors too. There are a few common areas so u can take your visitors there. If u have any questions I'm sure they wouldn't mind u calling them. It might help reduce your anxiety if u feel more prepared. Good luck xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L.j For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went there back in early 2011 so hopefully someone has more recent experience.

When i was there each person had their own room. It was set up so at the front was bubs cot, small hallway then your bed and a small ensuite down the back.
    I think it was about 4-5 'rooms' each shared a lounge area with tea/coffee facilities etc.

Visitors are def allowed but times vary.

The food is hospital food so not fantastic. Pack yourself some packs of biscuits and snacks etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was there in Dec last year with my 5 mth old. You get your own room and bathroom (but bathroom very small!). Can have visitors. And you can come and go as you want too (just have to sign in and out). I had family nearby so they came to visit me there. Some people went out each day but I figured I'd gone there to get help so stayed around most of the time.
    As pp said food is at set times and like hospital food so not great so I took snacks too. Really nice coffee shop in the building next door where I got delicious sandwich (not very big Cafe so I just bought it back and ate it on a bench seat out the front!). Happy to answer any other questions you think of

7. The Following User Says Thank You to apolly For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the great responses
    I know that cafe well, they have great hot chocolate. I have a feeling I'll be a regular there lol.
    Is there free parking for residential stay or do I have to pay?
    Do they have a freezer on hand for bubs pureed food?

Thanks for your help all, I have a feeling there'll be more questions later lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The parking was free when i was there i think they give you a permit type sticker to put in your car.

You'd have to ask about bubs food. My bub was too young for solids when i was there but from what i saw they were making the babies food for them, all sorts of purees and finger foods.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They also provided lots of diff formula brands though my bub was on prescription formula so i took my own

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parking is free. They will provide food/puree for bubs but you can also take your own. There is a fridge /freezer in the dining room area, just put your name on your things

14. The Following User Says Thank You to apolly For This Useful Post:

No3please  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your help ladies, very helpful information