+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default so torn!

For those of you who don't know my story, I've got one beautiful ds and have had 4 early miscarriages, last one being November last year. We've waited out our health insurance waiting periods and I was given an insulin resistance diagnosis by my OB. I'm on metformin until I reach 13 weeks pregnant.

I've been seeing a naturopath recently for a case of psoriasis that I've had for years. He seems to think that my mcs and psoriasis are directly related and while the psoriasis is still a problem, I'm at risk of miscarrying. He's given me another 4 weeks before I can try again... But here's the issue. I don't want to wait another 4 weeks! I'm ovulating right now! It feels like such a waste to be aware of it and just let it pass.

My OB said as soon as I'm preg, he'll dose me up on drugs to sustain a pregnancy...

So my question is, do you think it's worth a crack this month and take the risk, or do you think it's selfish of me to consider it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are emotionally up to the possibility things may not work out I would give it a go, if you know there is risk and are OK with that I'd try, you never know this could be the month, with your obs help. Good luck and baby dust your way xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm very aware of the mc risk and am so used to it by now

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what is the reason your naturopath wants for you to wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He thinks that I'm still at risk of miscarrying as long as I have psoriasis symptoms because of my inactive (or overactive???) immune system

Thanks
    Reviews
    He said that in more of a vague way than in a direct way...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. Is he treating you with something that is not recommended in pregnancy? If not, I think you could try. You obviously know there is a chance of having a mc but that risk is there with all pregnancies. In saying that, a few weeks isnt such a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know but it feels like forever, especially because it's been so long already. I'm just super impatient and feel like my body is screaming at me to go again. It'd be rude not to wouldn't it?

Everything I'm on is safe as far as I know.