+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Other posters have offered some good advice. I just wanted to add that if you don't want another kid right now (which I totally understand) then please take control of the contraception and use something reasonably reliable such as condoms.
    (From your description regarding pull out I got the impression you were just relying on the withdrawl method which is IMO a recipe for disaster. Apologies if I have misinterpreted).
    The few times we have we have not used them. My fault which I understand. However she will not have condoms in the house. She literally cut them up in front of me and said she didnt want them in her house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this is drastic but is it worth just saying to her that either she comes to counselling with you or you'll get yourself a vasectomy. Have you told her that you do definitely want children in the future? Maybe she's worried that 'not now' really means never?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would stop having s.e.x with your partner for now if you don't want to have baby atm. As for the rest, counseling together or/and on your own to help sort through what's going on. Doesn't sound healthy to me. It seems like you are doing your best to get ahead in your career and provide for your daughter which is a positive. It does sound like your partner is suffering but doesn't want or feel ready to try and tackle it. Best of luck

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDad1 View Post
    The few times we have we have not used them. My fault which I understand. However she will not have condoms in the house. She literally cut them up in front of me and said she didnt want them in her house.
    This is pretty much outright bullying, controlling and dictatorship behaviour. She has absolutely no right demanding you do not use contraception, this is utterly selfish of her. She is showing you zero respect here and dismissing all of your (valid) concerns.
    I am sure you know this, but just in case you don't, even using the withdrawal method can result in her falling pregnant; there can be sperm in pre ejaculation.
    You seem to be at the end of your rope. You mentioned not wanting your daughter to grow up without two parents who have stayed together, (completely understandable, it's what we all want) but I think she could endure much greater damage growing up with two parents who just resent one another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It feels as though she maybe has post natal depression, but has a very distinct desire to still have another child for whatever reason; her own experiences with loneliness she doesn't want to replicate for your daughter, wanting your daughter to have someone to rely on, needing unconditional love herself, whatever the reason.

That being said, you absolutely have the right to do and go with what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default I'm a dad, need advice please.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDad1 View Post
    Your body, your sperm, you need to take control of the situation. How does that condom ad go? "If it's not on, it's not on." Please protect any future children from being brought into this toxic situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she only goes out places with you take her out one day and straight to the GP. Don't say why you are going (or lie even). When you get there tell them you are worried she has PND. There is a survey they can do which can rule it out or identify it as a possibility.

Make sure you have input as well if she is lying about her emotions and downplaying behaviours.

It sounds like she really needs to hear that she is being unreasonable from another source, but the GP is probably as close as you will get to her 'seeing someone'.

If the survey doesn't support a PND diagnosis then, while still at the GP tell them you want to talk about contraception options for yourself. Withdrawal is not a reliable method and, given her frame of mind, she's likely to get on top and refuse to get off one day. You need to take control of the contraception situation.

I also agree that you should start seeing someone yourself anyhow. You have a lot on your plate and these aren't really the things guys bring up with each other over a beer. A GP can put you onto a care plan for discounted psychologist sessions if the cost is an issue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I see all of this as a form of domestic violence, what you have written is very concerning. If it was a women writing this or your sister saying that her partner is doing this you would tell her to leave.
    I would start preparing to leave. You and your daughter deserve to live better

Sorry for being blunt but I hate seeing men out in these types of positions. And you can only help someone if they want the help

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2 girls 1 boy For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (17-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 girls 1 boy View Post
    Honestly I see all of this as a form of domestic violence, what you have written is very concerning. If it was a women writing this or your sister saying that her partner is doing this you would tell her to leave.
    I would start preparing to leave. You and your daughter deserve to live better

Sorry for being blunt but I hate seeing men out in these types of positions. And you can only help someone if they want the help
    @MrDad1 Yes, I agree, imagine if it was a man cutting up his wifes contraceptive pills or refusing to wear a condom! And what is the deal with the police? She lied to them and said you smashed the car window?? You're having to defend it in court, is she still sticking with the story that it was you? That IS extremely concerning and I would not be able to live with someone who is behaving like that. You deserve a loving respectful relationship.

Really there is NOTHING wrong with a child being brought up by separated parents as long as they still provide a loving and stable environment. It happens all the time. My parents separated when I was 9, they were much happier pursuing separate lives which is much better than a toxic, forced relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please leave . You are experiencing domestic violence and it's so important that you get support for this . Please know there is help avail.

I wish you well