+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^^ Oh yeah ravioli is a good one, i just buy the rav in the fridge at woolies, you can get roasted veg/pumpkin/spinach etc etc. DS loves that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What if you purée veg and add it to things? If he will eat plain tomato pasta sauce you could add pureed carrot, zucchini, sweet potato.
    Also second the sausage roll tip above. I have a recipe that has grated swede, turnip and carrot in it (it's way more veg than meat and I use premium beef mince instead of sausage meat) but you could purée the veg in if just as easily so they can't be seen if that's an issue.
    What about healthy banana bread, carrot and zucchini loaf, apple muffins? All made without sugar. I have some recipes I can share.
    I make my DD fruit and chia muesli bars with grated apple and pear and mashed banana so the fruit kind of disappears. I also make her Apple and prune biscuits using iron fortified baby porridge. I also do pikelets with yoghurt and mashed banana and pureed blueberry in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MillieMollyMandy, what brand are the sneaky veg baked beans? I haven't seen them. My vege hating DS might try those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hide mine in bologise & meatballs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Hidden vegetables

Does he like smoothies or milkshakes? It's easy to hide veggies in smoothies, especially if you use blueberries as they are such a strong purple colour , when you add spinach or kale you can't see the green!

You can add spinach or kale and chia seeds to bread crumbs when you make snitzels or fish ( it breaks up when you blitz it and you can't notice it)

Veggie chips? Just slice with a potato peeler very thin slices of sweet potato, carrot, parsnip and Beetroot, spray with olive or coconut oil and bake in medium oven for 10 mins ( or kale chips just break kale into pieces, spray with oil and bake)

As pp have said persistence and seeing you and your DH eat them daily is key so it becomes normal and not a forced thing - Ive never hidden veggies ( but I also don't have a fussy child so am lucky!) Just put a variety of chopped up fruit in the morning on the table and start eating it, don't stress if he says no just let him watch you enjoying your fruit - do it with a raw veggie tray for afternoon tea ( cut up cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrots, celery, capsicum, snow peas and make some guacamole as a dipper) just let him see you enjoy eating them then one day( it may be months) he will just go grab something to try - he must learn fruit and veggies are something we eat because we like them not because we have too ( obviously make sure he has no food aversions or sensitivities )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make my own burgers for DS and hide a stack of veggies in them. Blitz up some garlic, zucchini, carrot, onion and capsicum in a blender until it's practically a pulp then add to mince with some bread crumbs and an egg. Mix together then cook the patties. DS loves them. Then if he won't touch his veggies at dinner I'm not too worried as I know he has just eaten a bit with his burgers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of the vege hiding I do:
    - sweet potato / pumpkin in pancakes or muffins.
    - hidden vege in smoothies (kale, carrot)
    - sneaky veg in sweet muffins (eg banana and carrot)
    - try putting it in wraps or sushi

If your aim is to get your child to start choosing to eat veg maybe serve the meals so everyone load their own plate at the table so you child can see what the options are and choose for themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make this brownie recipe a lot, my kids 1, 4 & 7 totally inhale it. Tastes like cake and full of sweet potato:
    http://wellnourished.com.au/berry-ni...82830810546875

Also pumpkin cupcakes are a hit here:
    http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/201...spelt-recipes/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made the sweet potato brownies... I nearly threw up I put too much bicarbonate!! Fail