+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    The chocolate slice from the woman's weekly cookbooks holds up well to no egg or wheat...and it has no nuts....Attachment 81962 I substitute rice flour, sometime some arrowroot flour as well, forgotton eggs b4 and it's been fine....( since I'm not egg free)
    Thank you, it might hold with egg replacer. Will keep the recipe for future use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help - share your wheat free egg free nut free party foods

This is my falafel recipe it's very easy - I use canned chick peas if I don't have time to soak dried but I think the dried give a better texture!

1 cup dried chickpeas ( or 1 tin)
    1/2 brown onion, roughly chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    4 tablespoons flour

Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover them and let soak overnight, then drain. Or use canned chickpeas, drained.

Place the chickpeas and the onions in the bowl of a food processor add parsley, coriander salt, garlic, and cumin. Process until blended but not pureed.
    Sprinkle in the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of the flour, and pulse, mould into little balls or mini falafel shapes ( cover your hands in extra flour if mixture is too wet and it's easier to handle ) and refrigerate for a few hours before frying
    Shallow fry in olive oil a few minutes each side until cooked

I serve with tzatziki ( Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic and lemon juice)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

hksl  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following for party ideas. I need some vegan options too, but some of these suggestions will suit everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Elijahs mum. Hope gluten free flour will hold them together. It seems they look bit similar to vada (we use chana dal). Will try them tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Vege sticks with dip are always a huge hit at any party I have had - kids or adults! Salsa, hommus etc.

Bliss balls made with fresh dates, cacao, sunflower seeds, pepitas & coconut.

Corn chips with homemade guacamole (Avo, onion, lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce). Could also do a layered Mexican dip (shredded lettuce, guac, refried beans, salsa) but omit the sour cream and cheese.

Sushi also a hit with both adults and kiddies.

Also Chia seeds (mixed with a little water) make a good egg replacement in biscuits, fritters, cakes etc. Google 'chia egg' for the proportions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hksl View Post
    Thank you. I have homemade marshmallow recipe. So once the ricebubbles and chocolate mix settle, I can pour marshmallow mixture and let it set on top of ricebubbles? I have to check hundreds and thousand. It seems slice look beautiful even without them.
    Will include honey joys
    Thank you
    Just remembered that I forgot to come with the recipe:

180 grams of white chocolate melted
    2 1/2 cups of ricebubbles (I use 3 cups)

Mix and press firmly into a lined slice tray. Refrigerate while making the marshmallow topping.

Then mix 1 cup of white sugar with 1/3 cup of water in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment until it goes white and the sugar is dissolved.

While the sugar and water is mixing, add 1 tablespoon of gelatine to 1/4 cup of water. The recipe says to microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve the gelatine, but I place in a glass jug in a saucepan of water on the stove to dissolve.

When the water and gelatine mixture has dissolved, add slowly to the water, sugar mix while it is still whisking. Continue whisking until the marshmallow is white and forms stiff peaks.

Spread over the ricebubble, white chocolate base.

Spread a 2 tablespoons of hundreds and thousands on top.

Refrigerate overnight or until set.

Enjoy.