+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been away on girls long weekends (3-4 nights) twice a year for the last 7yrs. We also just got back from a week in Bali. I think it's really important to have some time out to recharge and refresh...find yourself again (not just be mum all the time.) I love every second I'm away and my kids appreciate me more when I get home 😉

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016),SummerFun  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I just don't believe in leaving kids home to go away yourself !
    Can I ask why?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (18-06-2016),MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Nope ! I took myself to NY in 2012 but made sure kids were with their dad for school holidays .. Mind you they were 16 and 14 .. I just don't believe in leaving kids home to go away yourself !
    Why on earth not?! The OP would be leaving the kids with their Dad anyways, I'm sure they'll love it!

We went away for 4 days on honeymoon without DS when he was 2. Do it and don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it. When we become parents we don't automatically become martyrs! Sounds like you need a break as hubby is awAy a lot, if you're both cool with it, go for it!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (16-06-2016),GirlsRock  (16-06-2016),KitiK  (16-06-2016),LouLaa  (18-06-2016),MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent my birthday this year in the city in a hotel by myself! Had a massage, had dinner at a fancy non child friendly restaurant with my girlfriends, ate breakfast in peace & quiet while reading the paper. It was heaven!
    Planning a trip to Bali with my girlfriends in a couple of years once we've all finished BF our little ones.
    It's great, I totally recommend getting away even if it's just overnight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Can I ask why?
    I just didn't believe in it . I would feel to guilty . There certainly were times I would have loved a weekend away without them but the guilt was too much. i know everyone parents differently.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (16-06-2016),MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. It just isn't for dh and I. It wouldn't be a holiday without our munchkins.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first child she started having overnight stays around 13 month old with her grandparents and I had my first two nights away from her around 18 months (she was with hubby). My second child was 8 months when she went to grandparents for two nights so hubby and I could go away on a weekend he had booked. I then had a weekend at a meditation retreat for my mums 60th and a weekend with friends shortly after. They don't know what they're missing, it's usually things that they wouldn't enjoy or be able to do anyway and they're often having more fun with dad or the grandparents that they don't even notice I'm gone. Plus I benefit from the break and feeling like a adult again instead of being mum.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet but I hope I will in the future! My parents went away together for a couple of nights here and there when I was young. We went to stay with our grandparents and I remember loving it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-06-2016),MrsIsMe  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the insight xx

after all these years of saying I need time away to my husband I'm starting to feel like a bit of a martyr! I bang on about it and he says 'do it already would you!' Lol but then I get myself into a tizzy of mum guilt and think the world will end without me here running everything -which is ridiculous!

We we do not have any family close by (10 hrs for one set of grandparents, 1.5hrs for others but they are older and not interested in our kids, sister in NZ and that's all) so us getting away together just isn't going to happen.

My my husband has them all to himself for an hour or two over the weekend while I do 'jobs' aka run around the shops enjoying being able to breathe but I often end up taking 1-2 of the older children so it's not a complete break (my kids are 7,5,3 & 8 months). I guess I tend to 'baby' him when it comes to looking after them too -see I'm a bloody martyr!! Haha!!

Going over to wotif now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have and jump at any chance (although far between) I get to have time on my own. I always go on my own though so I know my kids are being looked after by DH and DH only. I have been overseas with girlfriends, interstate for occassions and on work trips. DH also gets to go away with his mates on his own for a break occasionally.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (17-06-2016)