+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which pregnancy pillow to help leg cramps?

Hi all, hoping for personal opinions on best pillow to ease upper thigh aches and cramps which have started this past week. I'm now 17w. It's causing me to toss and turn and I'm not getting a good night's sleep, I just want to lie on my back but can't!

Should I just get a cheap body pillow from Spotlight or something? I've read that maternity pillows are overpriced and no different?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got a body pillow from Kmart not sure how much but not $$ at all. As for leg cramps I get them in my left valve muscle only. I massage it out or DH does if he is home but have found that I only get them in the middle of the night when "trying" to sleep. M

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For cramps take some magnesium. Probably the best and most effective is a spray/cream to apply to the area. You'll find it in a health food store. Otherwise I also have used a mouth spray magnesium that worked fairly quickly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    For cramps take some magnesium. Probably the best and most effective is a spray/cream to apply to the area. You'll find it in a health food store. Otherwise I also have used a mouth spray magnesium that worked fairly quickly.
    Oh so true, I forgot about this one I use get mine back off my mum I gave her a few weeks back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was thinking of buying some Epsom salts as my Osteo has told me before its so well absorbed through the skin. Only downside is bath can't be too hot. Will look out for the spray, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milk and milo before bed also helps. I know it sounds weird but it has worked for both of my pregnancies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought a cheap body pillow from Kmart as well and it's still great at almost 30 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had shocking leg cramps when pregnant (more in the calves) and they stopped when I started taking calcium and magnesium tablets.

As for a pillow, the simple Kmart one served me well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id skip the pillow and take a trip to the chemist for a magnesium supplement instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    Milk and milo before bed also helps. I know it sounds weird but it has worked for both of my pregnancies!
    That's a solution that excites me 😁 Especially in winter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsVZ For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (16-06-2016)