Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will you go to the ED? I think I speak for most when I say I think you need to go seek medical care ASAP. What is happening with your body is unclear (and I find frightening to be honest) and needs to be diagnosed now. Don't wait. This is not normal.

Only you can help yourself here, there is nothing we can do for you but encourage you to look after yourself. Please go and keep us posted.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Heard weidest thing today

Quote Originally Posted by amanda779 View Post
    Didnt know i was pregnant with my first for 6 months. So i didnt have ultrasound until after 7 months. The ultrasound was not done to see my uterus it only fcused on the ovaries and the ovaries were fine. I did not see the screen so have no idea what was being looked at. Just doctor said ovaries are fine no i largement and that was it. The letter said pelvic ovaries on it.
    There's absolutely no way they wouldn't have seen the uterus when looking at your ovaries, they're next to each other and there's no way they wouldn't have seen a baby in your uterus if there was one.

I did IVF and so had a thousand and one pelvic ultrasounds and even before there was a baby in my uterus I was able to see them both on ultrasound at the same time.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (18-06-2016),Kazza78  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does a pregnancy coincide with dates that you DTD? I might have missed that part.

I have heard this exact story from my husbands cousin. I was a little dubious of the whole story but when she relayed it to me, the fact that she was preparing herself for a cancer diagnosis not a baby and was crying, I believed her. She definitely did not have any hcg detected in bloods but she reckons they must have detected the baby on an ultrasound and lied to her. It was a small town and she thinks that the doctor was too scared to admit the mistake until 6 months. She just didn't believe they would have missed it. But who knows! Her daughter is 3.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda779 View Post
    Ok for starters i am not crazy and do not appreciate people telling me i am. I would not wish to be pregnant and i have only discussed this with my 17 year old who was the first to ask me if i was pregnant. I think its weird and strange that people come on here to talk about things and the first thing they get told is they are crazy, well i guess in a way i am for thinking that talking to women about being told there is no way some one at the age of 39 can be pregnant which is what that doctor said was crazy.
    There is scientific proof that babies have been missed both through blood tests and urine and one lady had twins missed in an ultrasound twins due to being over weight and scars and things on her uterus was not a cryptic pregnancy just normal but missed anything is possible in this day and age.
    Thabks for your help.
    It's curious that you're prepared to believe in the blood test results when they're checking you for medical conditions and say there's nothing wrong with you, but you're not prepared to believe them when they say you're not pregnant. What's that about?? You just pick and choose which tests to believe?

Anyway, of course you can be pregnant at 39. It's just that YOU aren't pregnant at 39.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (18-06-2016),Kazza78  (18-06-2016),LaDiDah  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok so you're pregnant, congratulations.... Why aren't you getting the antenatal care you require?? If you're so far along, you've already missed a lot of tests. You need to be at ED, and honestly can't comprehend why you weren't months ago.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (18-06-2016),mrswhitehouse  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you have been given some great advice on here but you still are yet to take up the advice. If you are 100% certain you're pregnant and not being taken seriously then please go to the hospital. They will be able to do more indepth tests and a thorough scan to see if you are. Titled uterus or not a proper scan would be able to pic up whether you are pregnant or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think the OP suffers from mental health issues and these need to be addressed...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (18-06-2016),babybeeno1  (18-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (18-06-2016),Kazza78  (18-06-2016),mrswhitehouse  (19-06-2016),WinterJade  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps you could be sent for a tertiary scan?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heard weidest thing today

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1078776.html

Apparently there is a chance that you can get a negative blood test result and still be pregnant.

But... A pelvic ultrasound at 5 months would have shown a baby. Even without the sonographer specifically looking for a baby, they would have definitely made mention of it during the scan and in the paperwork
    Last edited by witherwings; 18-06-2016 at 13:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/tilted-uterus

"As your baby grows in the first trimester, your uterus expands in the pelvic cavity — but by 12 weeks to 13 weeks, your uterus pops up out of your pelvis and into your abdomen to accommodate your growing baby. At this point, a retroverted uterus nearly always rights itself upwards."

So basically, if the ultrasound was happening in the first trimester, it would explain not seeing a fetus in a pelvic ultrasound. But if you're certain that you're 5 months pregnant, what you're describing is physically not possible.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (19-06-2016),Kazza78  (18-06-2016)

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast