Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Heard weidest thing today

Sometimes I get a feeling in my belly like I'm being kicked and its wind.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with other posters. I think you need to ask for an appointment with an obstetrician to get a definite answer. Do you have a photo of your positive test?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been reading along but avoided replying as, well frankly didn't quite know how to word a response without coming across as insensitive. With respect, I think you need to take yourself to the hospital emergency ward immediately. How on earth could you stand living through 5 months of this? I am going to tread gently as I honestly believe that you believe that you are pregnant, but that conclusion just beggars belief; you cannot be pregnant without HCG present. So that rules out a pregnancy, correct? You've had scans, no baby found in the uterus; so again, this rules out pregnancy. The fact that you are still convinced that you are, well it most definitely sounds like you may be experiencing some sort of psychological episode or a phantom pregnancy where symptoms present themselves as if you were indeed pregnant.
    You should be able to get to the bottom of this tonight if you present at the ER. If they retest your bloods again and they are still zero and you STILL, for whatever reason, believe you are pregnant, I am confident they will help you and then investigate a possible psychological disorder.
    I hope you find some answers and get better, not only for yourself but your children.

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-06-2016),babybeeno1  (16-06-2016),binnielici  (17-06-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (16-06-2016),LaDiDah  (16-06-2016),Lincolns mummy  (16-06-2016),Lovemysons  (17-06-2016),mummymaybe  (16-06-2016),rainbow road  (16-06-2016),RmumR  (16-06-2016),sproutx3  (16-06-2016),Tinkers  (16-06-2016),VicPark  (17-06-2016),witherwings  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 20 weeks pregnant and just had an ultrasound today, there is no way they could have missed bubs in there. I really hope you get this matter sorted x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you find the answer to this soon. If the doctors don't think you are pregnant after all this time and the symptoms you have told them why have they not done further testing or why have you not demanded further testing incase it is cancer?
    I would recommend you find a ob or a better gp that will listen to you and do further follow up. This shouldnt have gone on this long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Sometimes I get a feeling in my belly like I'm being kicked and its wind.
    I started getting "movements" about a year after having my 2nd child. They seriously freak me out as they are EXACTLY like baby kicks. I did lots of googling as I was sure I wasn't preg and it is not uncommon. I never had them after my 1st. I kid you not I even felt one on the outside once, and I have a fair layer of abdominal fat. If I wasn't having regular periods I would be seriously worried about pregnancy. Hell, even with regular periods I'll still admit to having done the occasional "pregnant but didn't know" Google as the movement feeling is just so much like bub movements. I learnt how to feel where my uterus was during my last pregnancy though so I knew for certain that there is no baby hiding in my belly. Besides, it's been 2 years since the "movements" started, so definitely not pregnancy related.

What I'm really surprised by is that the doctors are not investigating further. I'm shocked that a doctor would say it's more likely you have cancer but not arrange any tests to investigate a swollen abdomen, weight gain, breasts leaking (in a woman who hasn't breastfed) and abdominal discomfort.

I haven't been there in your appointments but have you gone in saying "I think I'm pregnant can you check?" or have you gone in asking "I have movement feelings in my abdomen, I've put on weight, my boobs are leaking and I haven't had a period for months. What is wrong with me?"

If its the former, then possibly the GP has just felt you wanted pregnancy ruled out. I know when my PCO has been bad and I'd be several months in with no period, home tests negative, I would go to the GP just to rule out pregnancy via blood test. I mean we all know someone's auntie's, best friend's daughter who never had a positive HPT. They would just order the bloods and let me know the results. That was all I asked for.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mean this in the nicest possible way OP but have you suffered a traumatic event lately by any chance? I gave birth to my angel daughter stillborn 3 months ago and I still every now and then feel like she is kicking me, and that is very common for women to experience it after a traumatic event such as a miscarriage or stillbirth. I agree with the wise @~Marigold~ and think it may be wise to speak to a physiologist or counsellor if a pregnancy is definately ruled out. As its not healthy for these feelings you are experiencing to continue as they may affect your mental health.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I started getting "movements" about a year after having my 2nd child. They seriously freak me out as they are EXACTLY like baby kicks. I did lots of googling as I was sure I wasn't preg and it is not uncommon. I never had them after my 1st. I kid you not I even felt one on the outside once, and I have a fair layer of abdominal fat. If I wasn't having regular periods I would be seriously worried about pregnancy. Hell, even with regular periods I'll still admit to having done the occasional "pregnant but didn't know" Google as the movement feeling is just so much like bub movements. I learnt how to feel where my uterus was during my last pregnancy though so I knew for certain that there is no baby hiding in my belly. Besides, it's been 2 years since the "movements" started, so definitely not pregnancy related.
    Ive been getting the "movements" for nearly two years (my youngest was born nearly two years ago and they started not long after).
    It feels identical to a baby, to the point that I spent a considerable amount of time digging into my abdomen to try and feel something. Took HPTs etc. you can even see movement on the outside. After about 6 months I just put it down to being teeny muscle spasms. They happen every single night when I go to bed. Apparently that is relatively common.

I was also a formula feeder but occasionally my breast secrete a little milk. Just at random times. Was told this can also be normal.

As for the other symptoms, I feel like there are so many other possibilities. I'm not saying you aren't pregnant, I'm just saying that if there appears to be no evidence of it, would it not be wise to rule out all the other issues with thyroid, cancer, psychological etc. (All the ones everyone else has suggested) even if only for peace of mind. If you estimate you are 5 months pregnant, you're either going to find out one way or the other through various forms of testing, and inevitably if a baby comes in 4 months or not. But 4 months is plenty of time to rule out all the other, much more negative things.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sproutx3 View Post
    I must be strange then but my point still stands that at 5 months there is no ambiguity about the moment and it's very definitely a baby not possible movements iykwim
    Not strange but don't think your experience is the norm for everyone 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has phantom kicks and doesn't have a uterus. It's got a fancy pants name but I can't remember what it is but it's basically from muscle separation.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast