Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/tilted-uterus

"As your baby grows in the first trimester, your uterus expands in the pelvic cavity — but by 12 weeks to 13 weeks, your uterus pops up out of your pelvis and into your abdomen to accommodate your growing baby. At this point, a retroverted uterus nearly always rights itself upwards."

So basically, if the ultrasound was happening in the first trimester, it would explain not seeing a fetus in a pelvic ultrasound. But if you're certain that you're 5 months pregnant, what you're describing is physically not possible.
    I think that unfortunately
    the nature of the delusion means none of these facts will register.
    If this OP is genuine (I actually think she is, I only say that because it just seems so unbelievable) then I honestly question the actions of her doctor for not raising the alarm. But then, it's unclear how much she divulged to him anyway. It appears she has purposely left out vital info in order to obtain the diagnosis she wants confirmed- pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think some people are being harsh on the original poster. I agree it's not very likely she's pregnant, but she feels it so she believes it's real.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (18-06-2016),Phony  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I think some people are being harsh on the original poster. I agree it's not very likely she's pregnant, but she feels it so she believes it's real.
    I don't think people are being harsh to be mean, I think they're trying to get her to see that she NEEDS to seek medical advice. I think they are worried about her wellbeing and concerned that she is just brushing off their worry. There could be several very serious things wrong but she doesn't seem to want to come to terms with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are getting positive tests at home what does the dr say about that ? I really hope you can get some answers , it must be driving you crazy . Please go to Emergency . Don't be afraid to tell you story and get to the bottom of this . You need to know . Wishing you well xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

amanda779  (19-06-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I believe and understand that she thinks the pregnancy is real. And I find that very troubling. Stating facts now as the gently gently approach only seemed to anger her. Using words like delusional may be confronting for her but that is the correct term for it *if* she is suffering from a psychological disorder. She has come here for opinions and almost all of the respondees have recommend she present herself to the ER. When OP came back to express her disappointment at not being believed, people have gone on to hypothetically give her the benefit of the doubt while trying to present her with further examples as to how a baby being missed at 5 months on a scan is impossible.
    I think the essence of the majority of the replies here have been helpful/trying to reason with and reach the OP with rational explanations as to how it is not possible to be pregnant given all of her info.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Milz00 For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just read the whole thread and I really hope that your family is providing you with support and care.
    It must be a very scary sitituation to be in and I can only imagine how you are feeling.. I would be heading into the hospital and explaining everything or getting an appointment with an OB ASAP.
    I think everyone here is genuinely very concerned for you and trying to provide you with some answers. What has you DH said about all of this?
    I hope that it all calms down and that you are provided the medical help that you need during this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Ok so you're pregnant, congratulations.... Why aren't you getting the antenatal care you require?? If you're so far along, you've already missed a lot of tests. You need to be at ED, and honestly can't comprehend why you weren't months ago.
    Didnt get tests done at this stage with my other kids. What tests are u talkinh about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I think that unfortunately
    the nature of the delusion means none of these facts will register.
    If this OP is genuine (I actually think she is, I only say that because it just seems so unbelievable) then I honestly question the actions of her doctor for not raising the alarm. But then, it's unclear how much she divulged to him anyway. It appears she has purposely left out vital info in order to obtain the diagnosis she wants confirmed- pregnancy.
    Think u miss the point i do not want to be pregnant but belive i am and had a friend over here on the weekend and after feeling my tummy and kicks she believs i am too.
    I told the two doxtors same thing just never told the second doctor anything the first said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not having mental issues thanks