+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brisbane IVF'ers #4

@Heyside - I always have this issue after having anaesthetics ( post EPU, post d and C, post Caesar ). I have been at risk of OHSS a few times buts it's the anaesthetic that does it for me. It just seems to take a while for my bowels to start working again. In the past I have had to resort to drinking the prep they give you to drink before having a colonoscopy! It sounds like things are starting to work for you now anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Sounds like your embies are progressing well, although I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell. Fingers crossed you will have a good number to biopsy for future siblings if you decide want them (because this transfer is going to work, right?! ). Good luck for transfer!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I asked to see a scientist as soon as we got to the hospital earlier, we were so lucky to be told all was looking good with our frostie and seemed to be expanding which was such a relief. Our fresh embies were not ready for testing yet and we are giving them an extra day to reach blastocyst tomorrow, this doesn't concern me too much as this happened last cycle also hopefully they will improve overnight. Happy to say currently pupo with my pgd frostie xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done @Heyside - you must be relieved! The worry about it thawing is stressful. My FS told me he had a patient last week whose PGD normal embryo didn't thaw. Gulp. He said it was the first one in a long time. I hope I don't add to that tally.

Hope you get some to biopsy tomorrow. That would be great for you. All of my 7 that have been biopsied have been day 6 except one which was a day 5 and it was a day 6 that was normal. My FS also told me last week he was seeing pretty much equal success rates with day 5s and day 6s ( even though there is a lot of negative material on dr Google about day 6s).
    Last edited by Green lady; 15-06-2016 at 12:39. Reason: Spelling

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats definitely reasurring to hear @greenlady thankyou, stay postive hun you wont be adding to that tally, remember mine had to go through the thaw twice and survived.
    Last edited by Heyside; 15-06-2016 at 19:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo HOO congrats on being PUPO Heyside!!!! So exciting! All the stress of will it make thaw etc is over and now the TWW stress can start haha! And then the make it to 12 weeks stress can start 😜 this is the one 💖💙

I was telling little Jai last night, in my best baby voice, 'you must have been cold' (being a FET 😂). Today marks one year since my EPU that made our baby boy. But then he was frozen until Aug - that seems so crazy to me now holding him in my arms!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a diffcult concept to understand when you look at you beautiful little boy I guess @StillHopeful but its amazing thing also isnt it. Thanks for your positivity xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    great to hear everyone's progress, esp all the PUPO girls!

AFM - just joining in thread 4, brain not functioning with all the meds/valium/bedrest I'm on so pls excuse the minimal contributing, but am trying to keep up on everyone's updates.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sumteng For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afm - I only have 3 testable blasts, more reached the blast stage but are very low graded and as wazza always comments can be classified as 'desperate and dateless', just hoping we get a normal from that small batch. Two are graded 4BC and 1 is a 4CB so not excellent but hoping they may be strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - that's not too bad! Speaking from someone who has only ever got two to test when starting from big numbers. Fingers crossed you get some normals out of those to have in reserve.