+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my first at 29 and my second at 33. I thought they were great ages personally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on when you feel ready I think. I had my first at 32 and had my last at 39. I wanted to be finished by 40. I was not ready to have my kids in my 20's and feel I would not have been as good a mother as I am now back then. Just how I feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think there is any best age. Whenever is the right age for you. Different things are important to different people.

I had mine at 32 and 35 which has been great. I would have liked 3 by 35 but we needed to do IVF. I was 30 when we started and I'm glad we got to it straight away, it takes years.

I was so glad to have established my job, we had financial security, we'd done some travelling together, we'd had some time being fancy free. I had a fab time in my 20's. I had paid maternity leave, I could return to work part time. It was perfect timing for me.

I guess too though, it depends when you meet your partner? A lot of people I know didn't meet their long term partner till their early/mid 30's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Full House (how to quote??) it wasn't JUST the temperament of my babies. Both my kids were total surprises, BUT - with my first at 25 I embraced it. I loved everything about my pregnancy, my beautiful natural birth and being a mother. I really thought I was the best and most natural mother in the world. I was on cloud 9. Second time round I wasn't wanting to be pregnant. I wasn't on good terms with the father and it was a difficult and emotional time. The birth was fast and furious and sleep since then has been but a distant memory. This time I feel like the crankiest mum on the planet. I have not embraced it. Whether it's my age, relationship status, their temperaments, or the fact that I was just establishing myself again now, it's different - and it's oh, so much harder this time round 😞

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkyMama For This Useful Post:

Full House  (17-06-2016),VicPark  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long is a piece of string? I had my first at 27, second at 29 and I'll be 30 when this one is born. Lol they sound really close together but had just turned 28 when I had my first and will be about to turn 31 when my third is born (there is just under 2 years between each of my 3).

Steiner also goes against some of my values at a teacher so I'd take what she said with a grain of salt. Steiner tends to attract a certain type of parent so would be a skewed sample anyway. Our local primary school is Steiner and our kids will not be going there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I may be considered quite alternative but I sure as hell wouldn't send my kids to Steiner school either. Unfortunately in the yippie area I live in (hippies with money) you're a bit outcasted if you don't 😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Medically best age to have a child from a womans perspective is 25.

However my wife is 39 and just became pregnant 2 wks ago..

We were NOT ready until 3 yrs ago mentally but I do agree that older parents to be stress out much more than younger parents.
    Do not worry as everyone is different, there is no right or wrong...
    We felt that we didn't experience enough of the life and also from professional academic point of view hence the late BFP.

It is how you feel by having a child at younger age that matters

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 3rd (and last!) at 35 and was moaning and groaning to a midwife friend about how everything was aching or swelling. She said from a medical perspective, women's bodies are designed to have babies in their 20's. The older you are, the tougher the pregnancy will be.

True or not?. I don't know. I was 19, 31 and 35 when mine were born. I think 35 was pushing it because I was thinking ahead,.of how I would deal with tweens and teens in my 50's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 35 and pregnant with my first... I wanted to be 34 with my first but IVF meant we went a bit over... I wish we started younger maybe 32/33 but we had only been together 1 - 2 years then and my Mum passed away suddenly when I was 32 so just wasn't the right time... If we have a second I will want to go next year around this time and have the bub at 36/37 max... I also know financially we are secure so having kids at this age means we can relax and not worry about money... our area also has more mature parents so means I will hopefully meet other parents at a similar age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first at 22 and my second at 25

Was married , had travelled a fair bit , bought a house and worked as a midwife for 3 years so had a year of paid maternity leave.

Had 2 really fast births with easy recoveries. I wanted to be a youngish parent. DH was 26 and 29 and wanted to be done by 30.

I had also been with my husband for 7 years when our first was born so we felt ready.