+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, paying respects and catching up on your progress. I went private with my son and I have a tip for those wanting scans at appts.. I used to overdose my belly with creams and oils to avoid stretch marks. What I learnt is that the sound doppler doesn't work properly when you do this, so every appt with my Ob I lathered up so she couldn't use the doppler and I had a scan to see bub. Haha.. She clued onto me, but went with it anyway.

Make sure you enjoy and savour every minute. Its an amazing time of your life.. xx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (29-06-2016),MissTilly  (28-06-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (28-06-2016),VickyP  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my, LMAO, that's so funny @Billie2! Good on your OB for going along with it! My OB seems pretty happy to scan me - he hasn't used the doppler yet, so I am hoping he's going to do just the same tomorrow. But I did just read that we get too many u/s these days - apparently for low risk pregnancy, there shouldn't be more than 2 u/s needed (first at 12 weeks and second at 20 weeks). Ahhhh, technology and humans. Seriously, how did our mums get along with no u/s back in those days???

Oh and thanks for checking in with us!

Thanks @Lisau77 and @MissTilly and everyone else for your kind words and support.

I guess I was just very rattled yesterday with how I got the news. I don't think I would have freaked if the results had come back right after the BT. I would have been like, "oh, ok. what do I do now? Eat more Vit D? ok, done." I don't think the low Vit D was the part that freaked me, but the fact that my GP didn't tell me 2 months ago. so when she called, my reaction was "what? what test was this? when was this? are you sure it's even me you are talking about? errr. ok, i will check my prenatal vitamins. errr. ok, thanks. *hang up*. AND YOU ARE ONLY TELLING ME NOW?!?!"

And yes, Vit D deficiency is quite common and many drs don't scan for it specifically. The surprise was that when I checked my Elevit, it contains 200iu daily, BUT the current recommended daily level is 400iu (even after considering the sun you get), so it's lower than the recommended level. Another . Alright, time for a walk outside.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for popping in and giving us some insider knowledge @Billie2

I'm on Elevit too @VickyP, I'll check my VitD status as I just recently had my bloods done when I had the good old swab done!

I have booked in next Tues at Monash Ultrasound for Women for my Harmony Test when I'll be 10+5. I'm pretty impressed with their 'package'...$465 which is only about $30 more than most blood path labs, firstly I'll get a 15 minute viability scan (woohoo visitation rights lol) then see a genetic counsellor that talks about the process, the test and what it offers, what to expect etc....and offers support after results come back! Then off for my blood test and genetic counsellor calls with results in about 7 days! I'm most excited about the scan as that was not something I expected woohoo!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (29-06-2016),VickyP  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a good deal @onedaymaybebaby! I paid $450 and got none of the frills, just the BT! Oh, having that scan would be such a bonus on top of the counselling. Can't wait to hear about your results!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought so too @VickyP! I guess they want to ensure the baby is still progressing before getting patients to part with that amount of money! I'm nervous but excited! We are definitely opting to find out the sex too

On a side note, being on the penicillin for the GBS I'm getting signs of thrush again waaaaah! Im thinking as canesten is safe I might just start another course now so it can be done and dusted by the time we go in for our scan/harmony test next tues! The good thing to know now after my appt with the GP/Ob last week is that it is safe to use the applicator! Using it externally isn't going to treat the issue you've gotta get it right up in there lol sorry for the tmi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, the GBS and thrush sounds like a PITA! Hope they go away for you soon @onedaymaybebaby!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So i just came back from my OB visit.

Thankfully everything is looking the way it should be. The midwife and OB wasn't too fretted about the Vit D levels, they said 1 Ostelin a day should be fine and they will do another BT at 28 weeks to check for that and if it's still low, then they will up it in the last few weeks. (how, i am not sure...)

Got an u/s and bub was in a funny position, lying flat but facing down, bum up - doesn't look comfortable at all! LOL. My OB was funny - he jiggled him with the probe and bub kicked and moved a little - too cute to watch. But we didn't take a video. Bub must be so annoyed at getting disturbed. My OB seems happy with the results and gave me a referral for my 20w scan already because he's going to be on annual leave for a couple of weeks.

Now I have to wait another 5 weeks. Argh... going to ask mom how she got through without u/s last time!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (29-06-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo! Sounds like that was a great visit @VickyP So reassuring to know everything is going well and particularly that the Vit D doesn't seem to be an issue
    Always waiting aren't we?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @VickyP! You must be so relieved about the Vit D! I'm on ostelin once a day too hopefully it tops us up until the weather warms up and our days are sunnier for longer.
    Can't wait for my 12 week scan ❤️

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @VickyP that's great to hear! You must be relieved!! That must have been amazing to see that little kick from bubs! So happy for you!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (29-06-2016)