+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @ABG79, tell me about the bloating! So uncomfortable and it just gets worse!

I'm not really showing yet, only with certain clothes but at this point, bump or no bump I just want my bub to be growing well and fine. I'm starting to feel nervous already... Can't wait for Wed to come around!

Getting to the 12 week scan was tough for me too, but I was private and had a 9 week scan and a 10.5 week scan when I had some cramps and tummy discomfort. My OB scanned me just to make sure everything was alright. I wished we could get scans all the time!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, Hope you are having a good start to the week.

I just got some news thats left me quite mad and worried. After getting my BFP with Primary's beta, I snuck in a visit to my GP and ask for a BT to see if HCG was raising as it should. Long story short, I got a call back from the GP saying all is looking good and that she can give me a referral for a dating scan if needed. I already had my scan booked in at Primary, so I didn't go back to see her for a referral.

Fast forward 2 months later - she calls me out of the blue saying I didn't go back to get my BT results and she's calling to follow up. Apparently that BT end April had red flagged my Vitamin D levels being low and she's worried now that it's winter that it's fallen even more.

WTF!

1) Why didn't she tell me so in April???? and only now?!?!?! 2 months after damage is done?! WTF!

2) None of my other BTs had flagged low Vit D and I thought I was fine because I am on Elevit and apparently it's not enough for many women. first time I am hearing I am Vit D deficient and I even had to ask the Dr to check she was calling the right person!

3) So I have spent the last hour googling Vit D deficiency and now I am really worried what damage might that have done to my bub! The only consolation is that it seems more important in the later half of the pregnancy for bone and immune system development but given I have been lower than "normal" for 2 months already, I am wondering what impact that has!

Now I am so worried! Going to have to speak to my OB and probably get another BT done to see how it is. Ran out and got some Vit D supplement and I am just feeling so sick that this has happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I totally understand how stressed you must be feeling, I would be too. Just focus on what you have found out - that it's more important in the latter half of pregnancy. Which vitamin d did you buy? After my beta with primary I went and visited my GP and she requested bloods be done and found that I was low in vitamin d and told me to get ostelin 1000 units and to take one a day to top up my vitamin d. My sister also has low vitamin d and has to take 2 tablets a day. Try not to panic and know that you can top it up and all will be ok. I'm sure Bub is growing beautifully xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ABG79, for the reassurances.

I wished I was told that by my GP! I was so in shock and I almost screamed at her on the phone. How could she wait 2 months to tell me? Unbelievable! I am just so fuming mad right now that I have a good mind to storm into her office tomorrow. ARGH.

I am so very sure that my Vit D levels are even lower now given that it's winter and I haven't been active in my first trimester. I just wished I knew earlier and can increase my supp intake as soon as the test results came back. She told me that my levels were 40 and the normal range has to be minimum 50. Just wondering how bad it is now. I just wished I paid more attention to this because I just read the Elevit label and it's lower than what's recommended - I had assumed that taking Elevit was fine. Bugger.

Hoping for some sunlight tomorrow to go for a walk. Can't wait for my OB appt on Wed to follow up on this along with a bunch of other stuff.

PS: I bought Ostelin D3 too - apparently, that's the most commonly recommended type. Just popped 2 pills and hoping to get some good sun tomorrow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

@VickyP hope you get some good answers from your OB on Wednesday! Make a list of all your q's so you don't forget anything xx

Just checked the weather, it's going to be sunny and 18 tomorrow (in Sydney) are you in Sydney?
    Last edited by ABG79; 27-06-2016 at 17:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @VickyP, I can see why you are so upset! It really is distressing, but as the other ladies have said, there isn't much to be done about it now so you need to try and stay positive for bubs sake and do exactly what you have done - get started on the extra Vit D supplements and go for a lovely walk tomorrow. I bet you will also feel more reassured after your OB appointment on Wednesday. Sending you big hugs....we really don't need added stress at this point do we?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (27-06-2016),VickyP  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh whaaaat @VickyP that's terrible! I'd be pi$$ed off too! What was their reason for not telling you sooner? Hun I'm sure everything I'll be fine! You've got the info now and you're doing good things! I'm sure your OB will give you the reassurance you need! Sorry you've had this come up! Gee this journey isn't easy is it...there's always something in the back of our mind to keep ourselves feeling the anxiety! Hope you get some good rest tonight and feel much better tomorrow! Big hugs xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I know I freak out about the tiniest things but who would have thought Vit D?!?! Obviously you pay attention to folate, iron that sort of thing and it was a bit shocking the news came from nowhere and 2 months late!

Sigh can only pray for the best now.

Anyway, read that it's a very common problem that many docs don't pay attention to, so if you ladies have BTs done, no harm asking about the levels of Vit D just to check. A study at Westmead says up to 41% of pregnant women are deficient!

PS: @ABG79, I'm in Sydney and am looking forward to the sunny weather tomorrow!

Stay warm everyone - Mel's freezing I am sure!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't freak about vitamin d, heaps of people's are low and there's great debate amongst Drs as yo if they should test as they're not sure treating deficiency actually benefits ( except in the Muslim total covered up ladies who are often extremely deficient)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (28-06-2016),VickyP  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloody hell @VickyP!! Just a bit of an oversight hey!! I'd be rather ticked off too. One thing I can't stand is lack of communication! Hope the OB can reassure you on Wednesday with good news. I'm sure all will be fine. Hope it's lovely and sunny in Sydney today!! Make the most of those rays!! ☀️