+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Oh, I forgot to ask, is anyone else experiencing nosebleeds? I have been getting that quite a bit and strangely only from my right nostril. It happens when I blow my nose (maybe a little too hard so I'm trying to control that) but wondering whether it's a typical pregnancy thing or I have cause for concern?!?!

And does anyone have any suggestions for gas pains? Short of popping Gas X chewables which I have been doing and avoiding foods that tend to cause bloating and gas (like cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes) does anyone have tips? I've been waking up in the middle of the night with gas pains and it's so uncomfortable.

thanks everyone!
    Not sure about the gas pains, but the nose bleeds are definitely a pregnancy thing and nothing to be too concerned about. I've got a pretty severe case of pregnancy rhinitis (which means my nose and sinuses are regularly blocked), and I often get bleeds after blowing (although they dissipate pretty quickly).
    I've also had doula clients who have suffered severe nose bleeds during pregnancy, but it hasn't been an issue - its caused by the progesterone apparently!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks @OneOfTheseDays! Progesterone causes nosebleeds?! geez. I have read that nosebleeds are common in pregnancy but was wondering as I only get them on one side - maybe my right nostril has a more fragile membrane. Haha. I hope your rhinitis doesn't get any worse. It's so uncomfortable when you have to keep blowing your nose. Ahhhh, the weird stuff during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies just wish I could get some rest, it's driving me insane! Literally got no sleep last night and had about 3hrs today. Just so tired and sore muscles everywhere, excellent practice for what's to come! Like I say to people though, at least I'll have a baby to deal with to give me something to do while I'm up lol!

Funny you should say @VickyP, I've had two nose bleeds this week, think it's a combination of pregnancy and being sick! They don't last long though. I've never suffered with bloating or gas pains (thank goodness!) so I can't help with that one sorry! Hope you can get a bit more comfortable soon!
    @OneOfTheseDays that's great you've got a bit of a plan following your hospital visit! Wowee that's one impressive uterus lol! You poor love, I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are going to get! My sister had twins who ended up being large singleton size each (8lb and 9lb respectively ), how on earth you twin mummas carry them I'll never know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing @onedaymaybebaby! I hope you feel better today! That sounds really tiring - I can imagine the havoc that's created on your body without sufficient sleep! Hope you are able to rest better over the weekend!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly, how are you and princess going? Tomorrow is the Day! Woohoo! Any action yet? We are all so eagerly waiting with popcorn here. ❤️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP just an update, Little Miss Tilly hasn't arrived yet. But geez @MissTilly looks so good!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (16-10-2016),VickyP  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Sorry lovelies!! I read your comment this morning @VickyP and then got completely distracted and forgot to write back! Thanks @Billie2 for the reminder! You're too kind too ~ feel like the size of a house now! She's still in the belly, oh god I hope she doesn't keep us waiting too long! Will keep this thread posted when she eventually decides to arrive. Going for a membrane sweep tomorrow to see if that'll get her moving! Finally convinced the hub to have a roll in the hay too tonight! Poor bugger has been too scared too incase it did something ~ I'm like I want it to do something!
    Last edited by MissTilly; 16-10-2016 at 19:58.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (17-10-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (16-10-2016),VickyP  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm new here and have my appointment with Primary IVF Preston next week (received our referral month's ago). I'm
    So happy to hear so many success stories! I have a question - do you know if they treat for natural killer cells when transferring the embryo? Ie, prednisolone, intralipids, clexane? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here and have my appointment with Primary IVF Preston next week (received our referral month's ago). I'm
    So happy to hear so many success stories! I have a question - do you know if they treat for natural killer cells when transferring the embryo? Ie, prednisolone, intralipids, clexane? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. X
    Hi @VanessaM - I got my BFP through Primary at Preston and used a similar protocol for NK cells as what I was on at Monash iVF (prednisolone & clexane but didn't do intralipids). We were lucky to get Dr Nic who supported our previous experiences and was happy to go with what we suggested (I secretly suspect I impressed him with my excel spreadsheets of previous cycles! ). However, I believe this is not something that they usually support and I had to 'fight' with the nurses every step of the way (with comments such as 'why are you on that for? It hasn't been proven etc). The nurses never seemed to consult my files to know that I was on the extra meds and would never advise me in regards to those - just the 'usual' protocol drugs, so I had to remain very confident that I knew what I was taking and when and that it was what would work for us. I was also left completely in the lurch once I got my BFP as Primary pass you on very quickly and can't advise on these medications after they have gotten you pregnant. So, I had to do my own research and get advise from a FS outside of Primary to know when to come off meds....it was very nerve wracking, but clearly well worth it!
    Happy to chat further if you want to PM me Good luck next week - you might like to also join in on the other Primary thread for those that are cycling with them (both in Melbourne and Sydney) http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...y-IVF-5/page11

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

VanessaM  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick belly pic for those of you following. 22 weeks..... Measuring at 31 weeks if it were a singleton (right on track for twins).
    No stretch marks yet, but fear they aren't far away! Man, I'm gonna be huge!!!
    Attached Images

18. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-10-2016)