+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to read this @OneOfTheseDays, big big hugs to you and your hubby ~ my heart aches for you both and your beautiful son with this news. I cannot even imagine how to wrap your head around this information. You've got two gorgeous bubbas on board and I have every hope that your baby boy has a chance to live a full & healthy life, it's amazing what the medical world can do these days. Like @onedaymaybebaby & @VickyP said, we're all here for you with a truck load of support and prayers heading your way Big squeezy hugs darling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ABG79 did you get your GTT results back Hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @onedaymaybebaby, @VickyP and @MissTilly - I seriously don't know what I'd do without you ladies with your wise words and support. It really does mean a lot. Even hubby has commented how lovely you are and is grateful that I have your support. Big hugs to you all
    We have our first appointment with the tertiary hospital in the morning, so fingers crossed we feel comfortable and happy with a new team. Not sure if we will have any more answers yet, but we are just taking things one day at a time.
    Lots of love and blessings to you all and your bubbas and looking forward to reading your updates. xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays. I'm sure you will meet wonderful doctors and support staff, and you and bubbas will be in good hands.

Don't fret about answers or decisions just yet - give yourself time to just be taken care of (most important) and I'm sure the answers will come to you at a perfect timing.

Hang in there hun, we are here for you! I'll be sending lots of prayers your way!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

@ABG79, how are you hun? Thinking of you too!

So I caved today and bought this. A maternity support belt. Not sure how good it is and I do believe @ABG79 is right, it probably won't solve back pains but in my day job as project manager, I walk around a lot and I've been on my feet quite a bit since my project is finishing soon at the end of the month. I find myself holding my tummy at the end of the day, when trotting to train station.

Apparently, this one works like having hands on the tummy for support. I tried it in the shop and could feel the relief so on a wimp, I bought it. Will give it a go and let you ladies know my verdict after a few days. Hah.

Ps: am I allowed to post a photo like this. I have edited it to take the brand out in case a mod thinks I'm hawking stuff on here....

IMG_1476193636.814147.jpg
    Last edited by VickyP; 11-10-2016 at 23:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays, thinking of you today and hope you feel happy with the team at your tertiary hospital! I'm sure it's easy for me to say but I think you've got the right mind frame, just take each day one at a time. You sound like you've got great support in your hubby (Hello MrOneOfTheseDays ) Take good care of yourselves in this process, we are always here for you
    @VickyP that belt looks great! You'll have to let us know how you go with it! I like the sound of how it works, totally get what you mean by having to hold your tummy by the end of the day! I can happily say all my pelvic and back pain is pretty much next to nothing at the moment...but there's a reason lol! I've practically been in bed since Friday last week... with Bronchitis so now instead of back/pelvis pain, it's all chest/rib/stomach muscle pain! I just can't stop coughing, poor little guy is having a rocky time in there! Sometimes it feels like I'm about to cough him out! I was back at the Drs again today and they've started me on Ventolin inhalers which they assure me is very safe in pregnancy. I'm averaging about 1-2hrs sleep on a good night at the moment as the cough is so bad, so I'm not the brightest crayon in the box at the moment lol

Hope everyone is doing well, has anyone seen or heard from @tjuls??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing @onedaymaybebaby! That must be so painful! I hate non stop coughing that keeps you up all night. hope the new inhalers help you feel better and that you get well very soon!

Don't worry about rocking bub. I think he enjoys the motion. Lol. I was so worried about rocking him when my flight was turbulent and the OB said otherwise.

Take care of yourself hun and rest up lots! It's important to eat well too.

I had my whooping vax last Thursday and had a sore arm for almost a week but thankfully I didn't come down with any flu like symptoms. Just tired and fatigued mainly. Initial thoughts of the support belt - good when on my feet but doesn't feel as comfy when seated. Maybe I need more practice using and positioning it.
    @tjuls must be so busy at work! Hun - I'm not the only missing youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Thinking of you too @OneOfTheseDays and Mr oneofthesedays! Hope the visit gave you some assurances of the support you will get from the medical team there. Sending you and your family prayers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, so sorry to hear you haven't been well @onedaymaybebaby! Hope you are on the road to recovery and feeling better really soon. Sending lots of get better soon vibes
    Keep us updated on the belt @VickyP - I'm about to start using the pregnancy shorts to help support my growing belly. At my appointment last week I was measuring on track for a twin pregnancy at 21 weeks - which is the equivalent of 31 weeks with a singleton - oy vey!! That's 31 cm from top to bottom of the uterus. I'm also seeing my chiropractor on Friday morning, so I'll ask him what he thinks of support belts etc.
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes today. We met with one of the obstetricians and midwives and now have an action plan moving forward. Although we don't have any answers, we are settling into a state of acceptance and are at least confident we have a great team of people to support us. We will have another detailed scan which will be attended by the cardiologist in 3 weeks. That may give us more info on the heart problem, but probably not much more on any chromosomal conditions. We have advised our new care providers that we still don't want an amnio until the babes would survive if it triggered labour, and they have supported this decision....so, we will wait until at least 30 weeks unless anything changes before then. We just have to keep our patience pants on, and do our best to just enjoy this pregnancy and send lots of love to our bubbas. The reality is that we can't do anything to change what is going on inside, so all we can do is love love love!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you @OneOfTheseDays! You are such a strong and positive woman - I really really admire you! You are so right in that all we can do is love love and love and I have learnt so much from you. ❤️ your bubbas are going to do great, they will be little warriors bursting with positivity just like their mumma!

Oh my gosh, you are huge! That means that you are bigger than me because I'm only 30 weeks now! I need to stop whining about the strain I'm feeling! I saw these support shorts online but they cost almost $200 so I didn't buy them. You got to take it easy hun, and not strain yourself physically. That's just amazing!!!!

Great to know that you feel supported at the hospital. Sounds like they are a great team.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I forgot to ask, is anyone else experiencing nosebleeds? I have been getting that quite a bit and strangely only from my right nostril. It happens when I blow my nose (maybe a little too hard so I'm trying to control that) but wondering whether it's a typical pregnancy thing or I have cause for concern?!?!

And does anyone have any suggestions for gas pains? Short of popping Gas X chewables which I have been doing and avoiding foods that tend to cause bloating and gas (like cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes) does anyone have tips? I've been waking up in the middle of the night with gas pains and it's so uncomfortable.

thanks everyone!