+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's hard work @VickyP she is so stubborn ! Everything at the moment is no I don't want to! Then is a fight to dress her somedays 😂 She wants to wear a summer dress when it's still cold😂Had to leave the shops today due to her having a massive tantrum! She has her days I think I also find it difficult some days when I feel tired as well so much harder the second time first time round when I was tired I could rest but this time no rest ah it's ok she won't be this age forever and most days she is good it's just the terrible threes coming on😂 So strong willed ! She can so so gentle and polite and caring then complete opposite 😂Ah it's just a stage well I hope ! Yes it was funny because the OB was saying at my appointment yesterday you may start feeling flutters and I said yep I had been The last few days. I bought a couple of onesies today from cotton on they were too cute too pass up first baby items I've purchased for this Bub so little exciting. Has everyone started thinking of names ? I am really stuck😂 I am thinking possibly naming her after my mum or grandmother there is a few other names I don't mind but I don't like the fact of having a name which so many other kids have I'm not really into trendy names rather more traditional but that's just me each to their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Competely different note how long is everyone taking off work ? Baby 1 I took 7 months off but this time I am thinking may take a year off. I will be returning to the same job I am lucky to have been there long enough now to have long service leave also so I am considering using that also to have longer off this time. I actually enjoy working but really with using my annual leave and long service and mat leave then also PPL I think we could do it. There's not a major rush for me to rush back earlier this time as have the leave to cover me for a while whilst off actually with baby one I chose to go back at 7 months as I really felt lonely at home but this time will be more difficult as I will have the two to look after ah so much to consider isn't there

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Lol @clucky14, sounds like your LO is developing a feisty personality of her own! I'm sure it's because she can't wait to show off her pretty summer dresses!

Hopefully, it's a problem I will have to deal with in a 18 months to 2 years - nb with a toddler in tow. Lol.

Nice that you are feeling the flutters so early. And starting shopping. Yay!

Yup - we have decided on the name pretty much. Hope it's a great fit when we see bub for the first time. The name we have chosen is pretty common and we have left the middle name out for now cos we are still undecided on that. I'm not one for the trendy celebrity type names too. I think it's too hard for my kid to grow up with one of those "what? Can you repeat that? It's pronounced this way?!" type of names. Lol. I'm all for traditional, beautiful names. 🏻

I'm doing a career switch so not planning to go back to work. How lucky you are to have different types of leave to maximise time off Hun! I'm a project manager now but I'm tired of the vicious cycle of looking for project work to do. It's a volatile industry (unless you are in construction now) and projects always get canned, scaled back, etc.

At the start of this year, I decided that it was going to be a year of change because last year was pretty crap for me. So I decided to take some time off and focus on family and we started our IVF journey last Oct and were pretty blessed. I'm working part time and studying right now for something totally different so hopefully when bub comes around, it will be a new start. It's going to be tough but exciting and fingers crossed it will go well. I guess if it doesn't work out in the next year or so, then I can always go back to doing what I always do anyway. I don't know how much time off I will take and will see how things go...

I'm pretty much planning to start my own business so hopefully I will be able to get around it at about 6 months after giving birth and then see where that takes us. It's one step at a time for me at this point.

I think your plan sounds great. If you are covered and have that option, why not? I think one of the most precious things is to watch out little ones grow up. They grow so fast and I don't want to feel I missed it all.
    Last edited by VickyP; 26-09-2016 at 08:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today is the start of my last full week at work for 12 months!!! Bring on Friday! Lol! Then fingers crossed she decides to come around our due date which is only 3 weeks away now!! I really wouldn't mind if she came early though, we have everything sorted and just want to meet her already! Hope you're all feeling well! I'm planning on hitting the pool this afternoon as it'll be a while before I'll want to get into a bikini again I think! xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a great plan @MissTilly! Enjoy the dip! You should totally take some pretty bikini photos with you're cute bump as a memento. I mean how many times in our life are we going to get pics like that right?

I am feeling so excited for you. Can't believe that you are working until week 38. I working until week 32 and can't wait already.

I can't wait to see you little princess too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Glad to hear everyone is going well Just wanted to jump on about the leave from work question....gosh it's stressing me out! Tried to figure out what we are eligible for from Centrelink and I'm really shocked by how much it isn't! Don't get me wrong - I don't wish to bludge off the government or anything, but I've paid taxes for many years and I can't believe that I won't qualify at all for parental leave payments - just the initial 18 weeks maternity leave and a small amount from the family tax benefits. It's not like hubby earns heaps either. He's a primary school teacher, and pays $1300 a month in child support out of that salary, so I'm really not sure how we are going to cope without my salary and needing to care for 2 babies! I'd really hoped to take at least 12 months off, but if my calculations are correct, I think we'll be lucky if we can afford me to be off work for 6 months. Will definitely have to go to Centrelink to confirm their payments though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wahoo @MissTilly! 3 weeks to go omg!!! Has come around so fast!! Can't wait for the update to say she's arrived finally
    @clucky14 I'm aiming to take 12months off work then perhaps go back part time. I'm flexible though, will just play it by ear
    @OneOfTheseDays I hear ya Hun! We are in the exact same boat with centrelink! We will get the 18 weeks paid parental leave and that's it. We aren't eligible for any family tax benefits at all because DF allegedly earns too much, we also lose $1000 a month from his wage to child support. We don't begrudge paying it at all but don't get me started on the CSA module lol! We will be tightening the purse strings dramatically!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy to have found this thread! I am about to start a cycle with Primary and have read about your successes now which has given me so much hope. If it's not too much trouble would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for threads for those currently undergoing IVF? Thanks in advance .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellsbells7 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Shellsbells7 Welcome, welcome!

The primary IVF thread "Any experiences with primary IVF #5" can be found here great bunch of people full of knowledge!!

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=556857

Wishing you the very best of luck with your journey, we will be eagerly awaiting for you to join the graduate group here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so so much onedaymaybebaby. I am not sure how to reply so you get a mention and know I have responded so I chanced it. I shall look at your suggested thread now. Again, thank you so so much. First response on here and a great one. Best of luck to you with everything also. I see you have a bubba on board so I wish you all the best. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellsbells7 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (26-09-2016)