+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well had to cancel my OB appointment and re schedule I have ended up with gastro probably thanks to a family member that went to a family function on the weekend who had been sick prior so not impressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Sorry I've been a bit quiet - a combination of busy at work during the day and super fatigued and incapable of doing anything at night!
    So much to catch up on with you ladies! Sorry that some of you have had scares and general unpleasantness (bleeds and gastro - ugh!) but I hope all is well now. I'm also super impressed with those sheets - gosh I wish I could sew! I am a bit of a crochet freak though (along with one of my aunties), so I expect these bubbas will have lots of blankies and crochet outfits
    All kicking along here - literally! Every day I'm feeling them more and more, although it's still inconsistent and what I'd really like is a good hard kick to say "yep, here we are!" So far it's just kind of wiggling and popping and most of that is when I poke and prod them I can't help it....I just wanna feel them in there! Symptom wise I'm obviously still fatigued, and I'm not eating great. I'm hoping I manage to put on some weight as at my last appointment (16 weeks), I still hadn't put any on since egg collection - woops! My next appointment is at 20+6 (on the 6th October) so hopefully I'll have put some on by then (if the size of my belly counts for anything - I will definitely tip the scales!). Apart from that, I'm doing ok. Starting to get pain in my groin which is probably due to the relaxin kicking in, but I hope it doesn't last. Will see my chiro in a couple of weeks and I'm sure he'll sort me out.
    In fun news, I'm starting to plan my baby shower! I've decided to do an outdoor picnic event so that partners and kids can come too and I'm planning it for early December when I'll be 30 weeks. I figure it's better to do it sooner rather than later as Christmas is going to get in the way and I don't know how large, hot and bothered I'll feel if I wait much longer than that! Of course, there is also a chance I might have these babies early,so I'd rather not risk it.
    In regards to the question about breast pumps - I always say to my clients to wait before making the purchase. You can buy them from many places so they aren't difficult to get (I sell the Spectra ones in my online shop - PM me if you want details ) , but you can also hire them through the Australian Breastfeeding Association which means you don't have to make a huge investment for a good hospital grade one. I haven't heard of the Haaka ones, so I'm not sure what they are like. I'd also recommend joining the Australian Breastfeeding Association, or at least calling them to ask about expressing/pumping/bottle feeding etc. If you are wanting to feed exclusively breastmilk, introducing a bottle can cause confusion with some babies (even if it contains breastmilk), so it's worth knowing what your options are.
    Stay well ladies and know that I'm thinking of you! (especially you @clucky14 - get well soon!) xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays another crochet freak! Yay! I love picking up a hook and just wasting the hours away haha! Would love to see some of your creations! This was a unicorn I made for a friends Bub, thinking I might make one for ours too

IMG_1474424366.585225.jpg

We have our 22 week midwife appt at the hospital today, crossing everything that my BP is normal!! Will catch up/update tonight

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (04-10-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about the gastro @clucky14! That must feel terrible. Have loads of fluids and rest up. Hope you get well soon hun!

Wow, that's such exciting news @OneOfTheseDays. DH and I decided not to have a baby shower for a number of reasons, but I feel excited for you. We might throw a party later after bub's arrived and a little older since everyone's waiting for his debut. I can't imagine what's it like with twins - you get double the action of everything (which is alot!) I wouldn't worry too much weight gain as long as babies are growing up fine. And thanks for the tip about the breast pump and BF-ing, that's useful to know. Do PM us your online store - I never knew!

Oh my gosh! That unicorn is the cutest @onedaymaybebaby! That looks amazing! I love it! I so wish I could make things like that! WOW! Do show us what you make - at least I can admire from far!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good at my appt today! BP was fine, they think I may have been fighting off a virus last week, apparantly there has been a nasty one going around that starts with nasty headaches/lethargy but never eventuates into anything! So fingers crossed that's all it was.

Have my booked my GTT for 24th Oct, 28 week growth scan 31st Oct and 28 week midwife/hospital appt 2nd Nov...so many appts!

Hope everyone is faring well, sorry to hear re the gastro @clucky14...you poor thing, didn't you end up in hospital with gastro at the beginning of your primary journey? Feel better soon!

That's exciting you're feeling your two more and more @OneOfTheseDays! It's the best feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nice @onedaymaybebaby - action is good. Wow, you have got your schedule all worked out. Yay! Something to look forward to!

I have my diabetes test on 30 Sep, then 28w appt with OB on 5 Oct (I will be 29w then actually but too bad for the long weekend plus DH being away the week before). He didn't think I needed another detailed scan, so he will probably do a quick one in his office just to make sure all is tracking well.

I do have to make an appointment to see my GP for a whooping cough vaccination soon. I keep forgetting to call, so have to try to get around it tomorrow.

My boy is getting strong now - not only does he kick, he rolls, shoves and even pushes my hand away. I wore a rather tight t-shirt top today and he was just wriggling away at work, quite distracting but so cute. Oh, and I experienced his first bout of hiccups yesterday morning. DH was feeling him and the "kicks" were so rhythmic with "thud thud thud" (like a heartbeat if you know what I mean) and then DH's eyes opened in amazement and he said, "gosh, I think he's having hiccups"! What a cute picture - poor bub going *hic hic* in there! Thankfully he didn't hiccup for long. LOL

Got to enjoy all these feelings before it goes away or gets too uncomfortable!
    Last edited by VickyP; 22-09-2016 at 00:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiccups are funny things aren't they @VickyP! That's awesome that your DH is getting to feel all the movements too!

My hospital will administer whooping cough vaccine along with my anti d injection at 28weeks so thankfully I don't have to remember! I'm so forgetful these days lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder whether there are any side effects with the whooping cough vac. I don't wanna feel sick now. Haha.

Hey @tjuls, how are you darl? Breathing better now that accreditation is over? Any action or reports to share with us?

Hope you are feeling better @clucky14!

How are you @ABG79? No more unnecessary stress I hope!

Sending my hugs to everyone here!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all thanks for the well wishes I am finally over gastro thank goodness ! Had my OB appointment yesterday as had to reschedule but all looking great I'm now 15 weeks and feeling flutters also my placenta is apparently a little low so if it dosnt move I would need a c section but that's fine as I'm having one anyway. Very exciting to feel Bub moving. Today was exhausting my little one is almost 3 years old and gosh that tantrum stage can take it out of me😩 Hope all you lovely ladies are well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @clucky14, that's good news all round! Wow, you can feel flutters already? That's fast at 15w! Yay!

Your story about your little one makes me nervous mummy! Terrible twos and tantrum threes!