+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, thanks hun @onedaymaybebaby.

It is overwhelming and I am trying very hard not to get sucked into it all. My DH is the same - he hates shopping and gets really impatient quick. I am going to start a gift registry and only buy the essentials for now. Whatever can wait will have to wait and then I will "top it up" if nobody gifts it to us.

Anyway, part 2 of the story - I think DH realised how cranky I became yesterday so today, he initiated a trip to Ikea (and we bought a few bits and bobs like you said, like small storage boxes and had meatballs which is YUM) and then he drove me to Baby Kingdom and bought our pram! LOL

Last night, I printed out a hard copy of our shopping list and he took a look at it and went I think (it's pretty long with all the bobs and bits), so I think he realised why I got cranky when the list isn't getting shorter.

So we went and had wanted to pick up a Mountain Buggy but ended up buying a Joie Litetrax 3 (it comes with a capsule) because we were impressed at how easy it folds up and how easy it was to snap the capsule on and off! Bonus was a 20% discount, so we got the package at a deal price of $640, which is really good I think, plus it will solve our car seat problem until the bub outgrows it later. So we will deal with that when the time comes.

Then it was his turn to be cranky because they were so busy today and it was hard to get help and customer service so as we waited, he got sulky. But we paid, picked it up and came home and all's good. BIG TICKS next to 2 BIG items on my list.

PS: I am now just wondering whether I should have put a lay-by on it for warranty reasons, but that's a small thing.

Phew and hurrah! He said to me "let's just check it off so that you can focus on other things". I love my DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's wonderful to hear @VickyP!! He sounds like a good man, I guess we have to cut them a bit of slack in this whole process! I know we are doing the hard yards so to speak but I think sometimes they get lost in the process and it overwhelms them too

Yay for your purchases that's fantastic! It's nice to get some of the big ticket items crossed off, cos as you say, there seems to be ALOT of smaller items lol!!

I got really pi$$y at not being able to find bassinet sheets that fit and that I liked so I'm at my sewing machine as we speak making some lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone else, how are you lovelies doing?
    @tjuls, @smilebabynumberone and @jodihon - when are your next scans / OB or Dr appointments? Any action for us to follow?

How are you @ABG79? I hope no more spotting or anything unusual?

Thinking of you too @OneOfTheseDays!

I am already impatiently waiting for my next OB visit. Everyone around me is commenting that I look very small for how far along I am, so I am wondering whether bub is smaller than usual...
    Last edited by VickyP; 18-09-2016 at 18:51.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, you are so talented @onedaymaybebaby! If only I could do that!

You should make some to sell - am sure they will fly out of the door like hot pancakes!

Yeah, I know - I think I do have to cut him some slack. He's been so supportive, sweet and patient over this whole journey. Can't really complain. It's just a general sense of insecurity I guess, I am getting into the whole "what ifs" phase and I reckon I should start getting an emergency hospital bag packed just in case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I hear you on the emergency bag! After spending 6hrs at the hospital on Thursday I was beginning to wonder if they were actually going to let me out!! I had nothing with me of course so I think it's a good idea to get a bag ready, you can never be over prepared in the pregnancy game, you just don't know what's around the next corner!

Haha thanks, I'm still very much the novice though so not sure they'd be up to selling quality YouTube videos are the best, have a look you could totally do it yourself too!!

I'm pretty pleased with how they came out! I got 3 sets of fitted and flat sheets made!

IMG_1474198830.102782.jpgIMG_1474198840.320217.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone wow this thread moves quick ! I've been so busy with work and a course the last couple weeks so havnt gotten to get on here . I've got the worst headache today started yesterday so today is my first day off work since I fell pregnant these headaches suck. I've been feeling so exhausted literally struggle to get out of bed some days so thinking my iron may be low again will have to get that checked. Have a OB appointment again tomorrow which is always exciting but hard to entertain my little one while he is speaking ! Always look forward to a visit so I can have a look at our little girl on the ultrasound screen 🤗 Congrats @VickyP at some purchases. Very exciting and makes it even more real! I still have not been to the baby shop or purchased anything baby which is quite funny because first time I was pregnant at about 6 weeks we went crazy lay buying everything 😂 Guess we don't need too much this time but still I love to look at baby stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @clucky14 keep an eye on that headache, I had a nasty couple of days last week with headaches and ended up having high blood pressure! Make sure you mention it to your OB, you can never be too careful! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about the headaches @clucky14! I hope your OB takes note of that and gives you a proper check up and makes sure all is good! I think it's a good idea to keep iron, vit levels checked and BP too. Do keep us updated on the OB visit, we always love updates like that. Glad that you also have some time off today, hope you get some rest!

You are SO talented @onedaymaybebaby. I can't use a sewing machine to save my life and I am not keen to get one either! LOL. Maybe I will try my hands at small handicrafts later that doesn't require that much skill.

I can't say I like the shopping - nice to look at stuff but also very time consuming not to mention, not great for the wallet! Also, I feel quite intimidated by the number of choices out there - I mean, how do you even pick? For e.g. I want to get a baby carrier, but there are some many brands out there and each brand has so many different models and types! Gosh!

I have a couple of "big ticket" items which I can't decide to buy now or later after bub has arrived: (1) baby carrier and (2) breast pump.

Any advice especially from mums? Is a breast pump useful to have right at the onset? I was hoping to alternate between pumping and latching for BF-ing but a friend was saying it's not needed - just latch and don't have to get bottles, teats, steriliser and the works. I have always had a breast pump on my to-buy list (I know the brand I want and am just waiting for a good discount) but now I don't know whether I should get it before bub arrives.

Mummies - any advice about this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Obviously I'm not a mummy @VickyP but my 2 cents worth is all my mum friends say don't bother until after the birth with a breast pump-just see how you go. My sister has 5 kids (admittedly never had issues with BF) but she said don't bother either! I would love to BF and am going to give it a damn good try but won't beat myself up about it if it doesn't happen and while it may be open to debate, I don't want to cause bubs confusion switching between breast and bottle unnecessarily. So many people say the pumps are like being down at the milking shed lol. But for the sake of having something on hand "just in case" I need it, multiple people have recommended the Haakaa Manual Pump-it's got great reviews. It's like nothing I've seen before (I seriously thought does this actually work!?) and for less than $30 I thought why not lol! So simple and mums seem to love it. At the end if the day if it's utter cr@p I haven't spent a fortune

I really want a carrier too! Again too many options, would love if someone could just say "get this one" and I'm done haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also recently heard about Haakaa @onedaymaybebaby - very interesting indeed. I was wanting to get the Spectra breast pump and invest in Comotomo bottles so that I can alternate between pump and latch (these bottles are designed to prevent nipple confusion and have great reviews), but now I'm having second thoughts and might just hold back and see. And maybe like you, get a Haakaa (looks useful!)

Decisions!!!