+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I've not posted in a few days....I do still read along (such a stalker!) @VickyP - Yep, definitely bloated. I'm pretty little anyway, so I look bloated if I eat a biscuit! I did find after egg collection that I also got a bit constipated, so I think that added to the bloat the first couple of weeks (gone down a bit now). I have been gassy too which is not like me. I actually can't wait until I'm really showing Also, I have always suffered from UTI's so my recent one wasn't a surprise (just a PIA and a stress because I didn't want to have to take antibiotics while I'm so early in the pregnancy). Anyway, I've been taking cranberry tablets every day for a few months now and I think I've definitely been getting less of them since taking them. @onedaymaybebaby - sorry to hear about the thrush, and hope it's clearing up ok - that must be quite uncomfortable! In regards to group strep b, it isn't uncommon and it can mean you have to have antibiotics during labour. I believe you can get tested near the end of your pregnancy though to see if it's still active to know if it's actually necessary to have them so I wouldn't stress too much about it yet. Let us know what the OB says though!
    AFM, not much to report....just finding it so hard to wait for the 7 week scan which is not until next Friday (I'm currently 5weeks 4 days). Apart from confirming if there is one or two bubbas in there, I just need to see a heart beat. I did another clear blue digital test on Sunday when I would have been 5 weeks 2 days, and it only came up with 2-3 weeks. I know the weeks predictor isn't that accurate, but it has freaked me a little as I was expecting it to say 3+ weeks. I've decided to step away from the other test I have still taunting me in the bathroom as it seems to stress me more than it placates me.....then again, I'd feel better if it DID come up with 3+ weeks now......ah, the mental battles never end!
    I don't have that many symptoms - just the tender boobs (which really aren't that bad), and now only occasional cramping/tugging in the uterus. Not really feeling any nausea (thank god!), just feeling a bit 'off' every now and then. Also starting to get tired by the end of the day but not totally exhausted like some people report. I'm still on steriods though, and I've heard others on them say that they can hide early pregnancy symptoms.
    Any other news from anyone else here? I love hearing updates

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about all the thrush and uti's. Sounds like a pest.
    My scan is tomorrow and I'm freaking out. The past 2 weeks have really dragged. I have been absolutely exhausted and extremely hungry. The past week I've had really sensitive/tender nipples so I hope that means everything is progressing nicely.
    I'll keep you posted on how tomorrow goes!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilpingu For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (21-06-2016),VickyP  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please do @Lilpingu - will be thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @VickyP no phone call today and I couldn't call them as I didn't finish work until 7.30pm! Hopefully I'll get a chance to call them tomorrow! That's awesome re your urine test, good work! I will be interested to see what my urine test comes back like (had to hold off providing my sample until I'd finished the canesten so there was a delay on that one!), will be interested to see if the GBS is in the urine too....I'm thinking not as I have no symptoms of uti!
    @OneOfTheseDays thank you, I'm ok with abs at birth, was more concerned with the potential effects at this stage, most things read no problem but some pages say there are links to miscarriage and stillbirths which freaked me out, esp since my GP said there can be potential problems early on hence the referral to OB. However my Primary FS has reassured me no issues early on, it's all about the birth so I'm going with her advice lol! Doesn't time drag to the first scan, make sure you ask for a pic as I got nothing and wasn't allowed to use my phone I reckon the pred will be masking your symptoms.....it's the wonder drug lol! Glad to see you're generally feeling ok! I'm just suuuuuper tired, nauseous off and on and suffering from insomnia....3am every morning WIDE awake lol!
    @Lilpingu wishing you all the very best for tomorrow! You've got good symptoms!! Eager to hear your update

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you and your little one @Lilpingu! Can't wait for your update!

@OneOfTheseDays - Yes, I warned you! The wait between scans is tougher than the TWW! I wouldn't worry about the Clear Blue HPT. It goes a bit haywire once your HCG hits a certain level. Happens with the FRERs too. When I poas at about 5 weeks, the control line faded! The pregnancy line looked like it was but the other control line was so faint I panicked. Then I went to google and found out that when HCG is too high, the lines go all wonky and it's common. Haven't tried that with the Clear Blue, but i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case too. Especially if you are having twins! If you are feeling pregnant, then all is good. No news is good news (i.e. no pain, no bleeding). Hang in there, rest lots in the time being!

@onedaymaybebaby, well there are many things that are considered "risks". Everything can possibly lead to mc and what not. Trust me - it doesn't pay to get freaked out over these things. I am having the same issues and I keep telling myself everything will be fine. I can't even count the number of things I shouldn't be doing but have done - (1) ate pate in sandwich accidentally (2) bought and ate store made salads (3) drink coffee (4) missed Crinone timing... etc. I am making a conscientious effort to remember and avoid these things, but danger lurks everywhere! I am sure it will be all fine for you and bub!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Yesterday was a weird day for me. It feels like maybe baby had a growth spurt or something because I got whacked with a number of things.

First up, I threw up for the first time in this pregnancy. Previously it's always been just nausea, big burps, when I am "throwing up" I throw up air, but this time, some stuff came out (strawberries I just ate). At 14w, I thought MS was supposed to go away!!

And then I had some cramps after buying groceries so I thought maybe I overdid the carrying of bags.

And then at 5am I woke up with pain in my right leg. Not cramps but feels more like muscle ache.

Now on the light rail and feeling crampy in the tummy area again. Growing pains like before?! Hope it doesn't bother me too much. Otherwise an extra visit to the OB is needed again!

Oops. Sorry for the long rant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe - that's not a rant @VickyP! It's actually reassuring hearing how you are feeling knowing that we too could be feeling somewhat similar over the coming weeks! I'm only just starting to get a bit of nausea, but it's hard to describe. Not real queezy or anything, just occasionally feel 'off'. I actually have a phobia of nausea and vomiting, so it will be interesting how I cope with this. Believe it or not, I haven't properly vomited for 20 years I had a good crack at it when I was in hospital last year - woke up feeling like I was going to be sick and just dry retched, but nothing came up. Was pretty yuck, but must admit, it felt like I had hit a milestone as I clearly survived!! Then again, I was also dosed up on a million sedatives and pain killers so my care factor was pretty low.....

I would think the cramping etc is more growing. I must admit, I swing between feeling reassured and worrying when I get the mild cramping sensations - or if I don't! I'm doing better to not worry so much though and am consciously loving the changes in my body and each new sensation I feel.

What I'm not loving is waking up at 5am then not getting back to sleep until 5 minutes before the alarm goes off and I have to get up for work! I'm usually a great sleeper, but since becoming pregnant (gosh, it feels good to say that!), my sleeping habits are all haywire. Could be the hormones, or it could be because I stopped the melatonin.......or because I stopped drinking red wine! I don't seem to have trouble falling asleep, just staying asleep. Might try some Chamomile tea tonight before bed and see if that helps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (23-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @OneOfTheseDays for enabling my rants! LOL.

I am wishing I can take your approach of just enjoying the different changes to my body but I usually eel more anxious than happy. I think I am a little paranoid (given my past mmc because it was so silent with no pain / bleed) and I should learn to trust my body more. I have tried so hard to hold off seeing the OB to stick with my appt schedule (which is every 4 weeks) and buying a doppler because I know it will fuel my anxiety but I can't help panicking when things change / feel different. But you are right - i should just try to enjoy it more. Things are bound to feel different during pregnancy eh?

The cramps this morning are now gone after a small coffee and a bit of walk around in the morning enjoying the sun.

I had nausea from week 6 to about week 11, worst being week 7-9, but I haven't actually thrown up. Just dry retching and plenty of burps. I thought I was over it when i hit 13w, but I have been feeling a lot more bloated this week after EVERY meal (even if they were tiny meals or just a hot chocolate). It's weird. I used to be nauseous when hungry, but now it comes AFTER i have eaten something. My stomach bloats up like crazy and I only feel better after i retch out some air (until yesterday) - it's uncomfortable but I am trying not to panic about it.

Let's see if I can hold off until 4 July to see the OB - 1 weeks 4 days to go.
    Last edited by VickyP; 23-06-2016 at 16:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays my sleep is all over the place too. I get home from work so tired, I eat dinner and pretty much go to bed then I wake around 11 and go to the loo then again at 3, then wake again at around 4:30 so by the time I have to get up I'm tired again!
    @VickyP, I reckon the cramps are growing pains, Bub is probably having a growth spurt . I have been lucky enough to avoid getting ms, but I do feel nauseous at night after i have had dinner. No vomitting or gagging.. Just a yucky sick feeling. Can you tell me about the Doppler? When can u hear your baby's heart beat ?

Hope everyone else is well ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ABG79,

I feel very whacked on some days too! There are days I feel good (and I go like "yay to second trimester") and then there are days I feel super yucky (like yesterday and today).

I used to go to the loo at least once every night, most of the time two times, and yes I have the same problem, it takes me so long to fall back asleep and when the alarm rings a short while later, I am thinking "^%$#@!".

The night loo trips have reduced since I got into the second trimester but I think it's because my uterus have moved up and now it's pressing on my stomach and not my bladder as much - hence the bloating, indigestion and nausea. And yes, feeling sick. yucks.

Doppler - it's this gadget that works using u/s technology. Most dopplers require some gels and you move the listening device over the tummy to hear the HB. You can usually hear HB from about 11 weeks I think. I was pretty tempted to buy one but decided not to in the end for 2 reasons. (1) apparently I might not always find the HB and if I don't, I will panic like crazy even if bub is fine and (2) By 17-18 weeks, I think I will be able to feel bub move, so the doppler will be kind of useless by then. So i decided to leave it to the experts (i.e. my OB) and not give myself more stuff to worry about.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (25-06-2016)