+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, forgot to ask you @ABG79, any updates about your pre-eclampsia checks? Just thinking of you hun!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA things have been crazy busy with work at the moment..
    @VickyP how's the babymoon going? glad Bub has been moving must have eased your mind big time! I've also got a new symptom - bloody heartburn! Anyone else experiencing this and can offer any suggestions for some relief??
    @onedaymaybebaby I'm sleeping better once my heartburn eases! And Also feeling like I just can't get enough sleep, think the stress of work has been causing part of that too, and we are trying to buy a house - too much going on!
    @VickyP I'm on aspirin daily to try and prevent the preeclampsia, my blood pressure has been in normal range at my GP and hospital visits however there was traces of protein in my urine at my last appointment, which they are monitoring.

My Morph scan is on 7 Sept - so can't wait! Haven't felt many flutters lately and I love laying in bed seeing if I feel anything, gee I really can't wait to feel him. I'm so in love with him already

Sorry I'm so slack with keeping up with all your updates! Hope you're all having a great weekend xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No sorrys needed here @ABG79!

Aren't we all glad that we are busy with something else in our lives than just this 9-month journey? Otherwise we will all go a little nuts I think. LOL

I haven't had heartburn as it is - definitely hasn't progressed to that stage, but I have quite serious bloating after each meal, even after just drinking liquids like water and milk! It's not painful yet, but certainly very uncomfortable. It feels better after I dry retch the wind out, or if I take a couple of Simethicone tablets (like Gas X / Air X, which is safe according to both my OBs). Once the wind gets passed out (yes - flatulence!!! ), it feels better. If heartburn is getting the better of you, I have read that Gaviscon works though best to check with pharmacist on whether it is safe to take. Hugs hun! Glad to know that the docs are monitoring your BP and pre-eclampsia situation closely - you are in good hands!

It won't be long before you can feel bub! Yay to upcoming scans, love them. I know how you feel - I absolutely LOVE the feeling of bub rolling around, even if it kept me up at night, going to savour it until it becomes painful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ~~~~~ ROLL CALL ~~~~~

Danymatthew - Born 20 Aug 2016 - Princess Alice!

@MissTilly - EDD 16 Oct 2016 - Girl!

@Rainbow Lorikeet - EDD 01 Dec 2016

@VickyP - EDD 21 Dec 2016 (7 Dec for C/Sect) - Boy!

@onedaymaybebaby - EDD 23 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@ABG79 - EDD 31 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@OneOfTheseDays - EDD 17 Feb 2017 (Twins!)

@clucky14 - EDD 18 Mar 2017

@Loz83 - EDD TBC

@tjuls - EDD TBC

@Mimimoo - EDD TBC

New graduates:
    @jodihon - EDD TBC
    @smilebabynumberone - EDD TBC

~~~~ Upcoming scans / tests ~~~~

20w scan - 6th Sept - @onedaymaybebaby

20w scan / morph scan - 7th Sept @
    ABG79

Tertiary scans - @OneOfTheseDays

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (29-08-2016),jodihon  (30-08-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome roll call @VickyP! Thanks lovely

Congrats @Danymatthew! How exciting!

I've had bloating and flatulence too! It's eased the last week though - the heartburn took over which suppressed my appetite a little.

I had an amazing Accupuncture appt on Sat and she gave me a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid to prevent heartburn so I've started to change my diet (mainly reducing dairy intake and no tomatoes) and it's defintely eased the heartburn! So thankful! I may get some gaviscon on hand just in case! Looking forward to a heartburn free sleep tonight!

It my 37th bday today and I gotta say it's been the best being pregnant and being my last bday until I become a mummy! So much to look forward to !
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I've been having heartburn too @ABG79, thankfully not all the time, just randomly but it's horrible! Isn't there an old wives tale along the lines of heartburn means baby has a head of hair...??

Well I've been busy this weekend.... Call me overly organised....or stupid lol but I booked our first family holiday in May next year for 2 weeks lol! I just couldn't pass up the incredibly low airfares! It will be to see family and show off our little man, he will be approx 15 weeks old on daytime flights so I'm sure he will be fine. Can't wait!

Also did a bit of online window shopping....looking at nappy bags! I want a handbag looking one, I'm not personally into ones that scream 'nappy bag' and I do love my handbags lol! But gee they can really get expensive!! Think I've found a couple I like for a pretty good price (in comparison to the $400 ones ouch!)... What do you think? They seem pretty practical too which after all it's what I should be worried about haha! Would love to know if you've found any goodies!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1472464132.645404.jpgbImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1472464140.324897.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love that bag @onedaymaybebaby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - I love the bag too @onedaymaybebaby! I'm totally on board with the 'nappy bag that doesn't really look like a nappy bag' concept Can I ask where you found it and how much it is??
    For those with heartburn, I've found these things called breath pearls from Chemist Warehouse. They are made from peppermint and parsley seed oils and they settle the stomach (as well as helping you to have fresh minty breath!) I find they really help with the heartburn or if I'm feeling a little 'off'.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I'm not sure which one I prefer (there's two pictured there) @OneOfTheseDays the brand is Vanchi, not sure if there are rules on posting webpages etc so I'll pm you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a brilliant find @onedaymaybebaby!! I think it's a good idea to get a purse style diaper bag. Definitely more stylish!! I think I will go with a backpack. Found one on Amazon that both DH and I liked. The conspiracy is to get DH to use and carry it more often! Lol

Happy belated birthday too @ABG79! It is the last birthday without kids gate crashing so I hope you had a blast!

Thanks for the tips on the breath pearls @OneOfTheseDays! Going to check them out at CW when I get back!

You are so efficient in planning @onedaymaybebaby! Where are you going? I think we should start shopping for our tickets to bring the little one home to see grandparents and relatives too!