+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear @OneOfTheseDays hope you are ok and thinking of you if you need anything or a chat let us know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you @OneOfTheseDays and just wanting to send my thoughts and support to you and your DH. We are here for you hun.

Hoping everyone is having a great weekend. I'm just so glad that DH is back from being interstate. Can't believe how much I have miss him even though it's only been a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone for your replies and thoughts - I feel the good vibes and it certainly helps!
    Having a few days for the news to settle and after doing some more research, we are seriously considering the risk of the amniocentesis. The risk of miscarriage is doubled for a twin pregnancy, and if we lose one, we lose both. We have also been discussing 'the need to know'. If we have a down's child on board, then it wouldn't change a thing and we would welcome him or her with open arms and hearts. The real issue is if it's one of the other trisomies. However, we believe that there are other indicators we can watch for via ultrasound and bloods, which would give us an indication if the risk of either of those is higher. We will speak to our genetic councillor again this week anyway, and keep our thinking caps on whilst we continue to send love to our two little bubbas and do our best to enjoy the pregnancy and stay positive
    Anyway, enough about me - how is everyone else going? Any more news on movement from all the ladies with anterior placentas?
    OK.... One more thing from me to share.... Here is a picture of our two little ones which were taken last week at 12+6 weeks - check out their long legs!
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

That's sounds like a very sensible approach @OneOfTheseDays. I am sure your counsellor will be able to also give good insights. We are sending all our love to your twins too! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Gosh, look at those legs! Maybe you have a couple of Olympians in there! The u/s looks so clear (unlike my ones. Haha) Do keep us updated - we are here for you!

I am feeling tiny movements from bub this week. Not much "action" from the boy. (I think I get more action from my tummy / bloating than him) Occasional roll-arounds and bumps every now and then. Sometimes he is so quiet that I panic a little. Wish the movements will get more pronounced soon...

Oh @MissTilly, hope you are enjoying your awesome babymoon break in the hunter valley! 🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I thought I might start off the week with a little roll call.

4.5 more working days to our babymoon - yay! And then when I get back, I'm going to get started on checking off my list of "to-buy" stuff. Oh, and guess what, I just found out that my MIL is quite superstitious about buying stuff beforehand, so will have to navigate around that. Maybe lay-bying won't be considered actual buying?!

BTW, is anyone also a premature baby like me? Apparently, I came at 29 weeks (so impatient I know) and my sister and DH at 32 weeks (so obviously my mum has problems carrying babies to full term. that said, both of us turned out more than fine. haha) . That ups my chances of a premmie baby! I am really hoping that bub stays put until 38 weeks because I have exams for my course when I am 34 weeks and I am still not sure whether I should gun for it and finish it off or defer the course. I was hoping to get it over and done with, because I think it will be very tough juggling a newborn and studying next year!

~~~~~ ROLL CALL ~~~~~

Danymatthew - EDD 22 Aug 2016 - Girl!
    @MissTilly - EDD 16 Oct 2016 - Girl!

Rainbow Lorikeet - EDD 01 Dec 2016
    @VickyP - EDD 21 Dec 2016 (7 Dec for C/Sect) - Boy!

@onedaymaybebaby - EDD 23 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@ABG79 - EDD 31 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@OneOfTheseDays - EDD 17 Feb 2017 (Twins!)

@clucky14 - EDD 18 Mar 2017

@Loz83 - EDD TBC

@tjuls - EDD TBC
    @Mimimoo - EDD TBC

~~~~ Upcoming scans / tests ~~~~

20w scan - 6th Sept - @onedaymaybebaby

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone hope you all had a nice weekend. I am now almost 9 and half weeks time is flying ! First obstetrician appointment tomorrow a little excited though we have to take my almost 3 year old which I am dredding as she just can't sit still or behave lately ! Hoping not waiting too long for our appointment . Still got this nausea just when I thought it was gone it's back again and sooooo tired but hoping once at 12 weeks it improves ! I am dying to know the sex already! Did anyone do the harmony test or similar ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute long legs @OneOfTheseDays
    Quote Originally Posted by OneOfTheseDays View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for your replies and thoughts - I feel the good vibes and it certainly helps!
    Having a few days for the news to settle and after doing some more research, we are seriously considering the risk of the amniocentesis. The risk of miscarriage is doubled for a twin pregnancy, and if we lose one, we lose both. We have also been discussing 'the need to know'. If we have a down's child on board, then it wouldn't change a thing and we would welcome him or her with open arms and hearts. The real issue is if it's one of the other trisomies. However, we believe that there are other indicators we can watch for via ultrasound and bloods, which would give us an indication if the risk of either of those is higher. We will speak to our genetic councillor again this week anyway, and keep our thinking caps on whilst we continue to send love to our two little bubbas and do our best to enjoy the pregnancy and stay positive
    Anyway, enough about me - how is everyone else going? Any more news on movement from all the ladies with anterior placentas?
    OK.... One more thing from me to share.... Here is a picture of our two little ones which were taken last week at 12+6 weeks - check out their long legs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, look at those long legs @OneOfTheseDays! Beautiful babies you have there, and omg your scans are so clear!! ❤️
    @VickyP my family is known to cook their babies lol! Hoping you manage to cross your legs as long as possible so there's no early appearances from your little man! Yay for your babymoon, you must be so excited! Hope you gave the best time so you can shop up a storm on your return
    @clucky14 - yep @VickyP, @ABG79 and myself all had the harmony test

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Good luck with your OB visit today @clucky14! Time does fly when you look back although most of the time, it feels like it's crawling along.

Let us know how the OB visit goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I might drop off asleep at my work desk today! I couldn't quite sleep last night but don't know whether to be frustrated or happy. Bub was very inspired by the Olympics (we were watching it last night) and have been doing gymnastics in there quite a bit all through the night.

I have been trying to sleep on my left side as recommended but everytime I do that, I wake up every 2 hours with body aches. I definitely prefer to sleep on my back but I also subconsciously keep panicking about that whole warning that it might decrease blood flow to the placenta! Gosh! It's just awkward and I wished I could find a way to sleep comfortably!