+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @onedaymaybebaby, I am hoping it doesn't happen too often too. Well, mummy instincts kicked in and all I could think of was baby and what would happen to him if I did faint. It was a really scary thought. *shudder* I mean, it was quite different from all the other discomforts I have had - to be in a public place and not knowing whether I will get help and worrying about baby put things in perspective for sure. I might end up needing iron supplements after all (to add to the never-ending supp dramas. LOL )

Really? No bulk billed 20w scan in Mel? That's strange! I had a choice of bulk bill and paying $450 for a private service (think there will be some sort of Medicare rebate but I didn't get around to asking because of the grumpy receptionist who put me off), so like you, we thought that whatever that did the job was good enough for now.

Yay to booking in the growth scans! I haven't heard from OB about those, so I should really ask about that in my next visit.

10 days to our babymoon! Can't wait to do a bit of R&R before nesting begins! So looking forward! The one and only babymoon!

Then it all gets very real and scary! GULP.

Anyone thinking of doing BF-ing classes? I am quite worried about BF-ing given all the stories of pain and difficulties.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Your baby moon will be so much fun @VickyP!!! Hope you get to go somewhere warm! I'm so over winter, although I'm sure I'll be moaning that it's too hot all too soon lol!!

I think with the growth scans it's only if you are at risk of over or undersized babies? Given my family history I think they are just playing the cautious route! They were thinking of doing a glucose tolerance test earlier than 28weeks but given that my blood glucose has always been in the normal limits, they're just going with the norm unless something crops up prior!

I went and bought some maternity jeans at target today! They are so comfy! Thanks for the heads up!! While I was there I bought a $3 plain white onesie as I had seen something on Pinterest that I wanted to have a go at....I had some left over material from bubs blanket so I gave it a go this kid is going to have waaaay too many clothes by the time he arrives lol

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1470897698.792826.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1470897706.342759.jpg
    Last edited by onedaymaybebaby; 11-08-2016 at 16:41.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (12-08-2016),MissTilly  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @VickyP, that would have been awful but sounds like you handled it the best way possible! We're off on our baby moon this Sunday for 2 nights at the hunter valley! It's going to be so weird going to the hunter and not getting tipsy on wine samples! lol! I have a mother-to-be massage booked at a swanky place and I've booked hubby one at the spa at the hotel we're staying at. RnR, here we come!!! Where are you going for yours Vicky?
    @onedaymaybebaby, that onesie is adorable!!! So cute!! You're so clever!

We had our 1st antenatal class last night which we found really interesting. It went for 2 hours and have 3 more of them over the next 3 weeks, next week we're watching a birthing video do we really have to? Lol!

Hope you're all having a great week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP that sounds so scary Hun! What an awful feeling. Glad you didn't faint though and it's a reminder that food is so important our bodies are working so hard for the two of us now! I'm not getting very hungry in the mornings any more but I'm making myself eat so I don't get light headed or sick. I've just started having carmens porridge - coconut and chia, it's delicious. Or a quick small protein shake with blueberries.

Our 20 week scan is 7 sept, can't wait! We had our first hospital appt yesterday lots of admin and questions, but got to hear our babies heartbeat - I could listen to it all day long!

Still feeling quite tired of an evening but all the nauseous has gone. Now I'm trying to cope with a slow digestion system / constipation.. I think my belly is starting to grow and not just from food.. I'm 15+4 today and when I lay in bed and feel my tummy I can tell where he is. It's my favourite part of the day - laying in bed feeling my belly

Hope everyone has had a good week. Roll on Friday and the weekend ! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    EEEKKKK! That's SO cute @onedaymaybebaby! You are so talented - lucky bubba! I wished I had half your talent!

I just bought another pair of straight cuts from Target too! They were only $25 and in black. I was holding back buying more just in case I get too big and won't fit but it was too good a deal to pass and I love the belly belts that come with maternity jeans. As I get bigger, I am finding those belly belts so much more comfy and supportive. I also have a 3rd pair of maternity jeans from Jeanswest, skinny cut. Got them for $60 because they were on sale and they look pretty cool like my old jeans, but I definitely think the straight cuts are more comfortable. Skinny jeans for vain / work days, baggy jeans for chill out days / Fridays. LOL

Wow @MissTilly, sounds like you are all set for a fantastic weekend getaway! What a treat! The massage sounds great! You need to enjoy it because you totally deserve it! I am glad that I don't have to get through birth classes.

Oh, and on the talk about growth scan - I'm opposite of you @onedaymaybebaby. Both DH and I are premmies. I was born 7 months and DH 8 months and I am wondering whether that has any genetic links! OB is trying very hard to avoid me going into labour at all, so fingers crossed no dramas prior. Bub looks like just the right size from the 20w scan although his femur length measured short (at 32 percentile), so I hope he's not short and will get Daddy's height, not mine (I am only 160cm). Read that it's common to get some minor errors in measuring femur length. So if I get another scan, hopefully it will not be a problem!

I'll be off to Thailand for my babymoon! DH is originally from Thailand and in laws and family are still there, so we are heading back for a visit but will be spending the first few days at a beach to RnR. Massage and spas and great food - woohoo!

(PS: I am not for warm weather - summer is coming and I am sure I will be whining about the heat soon enough! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. My post is a bit of a downer so please don't feel you have to read it if you want to stay in a happy place.

We got our first trimester results back and it isn't great news. They have given us a 'high risk' assessment based on the high nuchal reading and not seeing the nasal bone on twin b and also my blood work (plus my 'old age' of 38). The pregnancy has a 1 in 2 risk of having a Down Syndrome baby and and a 1 in 25 of Trisomy 18 (not compatible with life). We are trying to stay positive as these figures are not based on a diagnostic test and in the past, some have been wrong before. Our options are to either wait until 15 and a half weeks for an amnio, or to do nothing. Unfortunately tests like the Harmony aren't any good for fraternal twin pregnancies. The amnio comes with risks to both babies though and we are questioning if we really need to know, or can we possibly leave it to fete to decide and we just deal with what happens? It's all a bit fresh still, so I'm sure there will be much more thinking to do over the coming days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I can't even imagine what head space you would be in trying to decide what to do. Big hugs hun xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you the biggest hug @OneOfTheseDays! I can only imagine what a dilemma that is. So sorry that the scan results isn't looking all positive, but you are absolutely right that it is not diagnostic and only a risk assessment. So plenty of chances that it says "high risks" and nothing actually happens.

DH and I had talked about this when we were doing the harmony test - basically, what we would do if the risks ratings came back high. My comments are solely based on what would work for us, so please take this with a huge pinch of salt.

DH and I had discussed and agreed that if the results came back high risk, we will go for the Amnio and CV diagnostic tests. Both tests pose risk of m/c but we weighed it up and decided that knowledge was power and if we knew, we can better prepare and be informed in our decisions. DH was even leaning towards terminating the pregnancy if the diagnostic results came back positive because he was worried that our child would be left without care if we both passed on in future but I was torn about that (and got emotional so DH backed off. haha), so we agreed to only discuss that if the tests did come back positive. But essentially, we decided that to know meant that we know what we were getting into and if we did have a child with disability, we would be better prepared.

That said, I think everyone is different, so i am just sharing my thought process here. I know you and your DH will have a better idea of what suits you.

Just know that we will be here for you always. Hugs hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @oneofthesdays I'm so sorry about your news. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and your hubby. You've got lots of support from all of us and never worry about posting anything at all we're all here for you no matter what the issue is. Sending you the biggest hug xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays oh my goodness that's a lot for you to process, biggest heartfelt hugs to you and your hubby! I'm so sorry you've been hit with these results! Am crossing everything that it's a high risk that turns out to be completely normal! We are here for you, if you need to chat, cry, laugh or simply need need a distraction, just buzz! We are all only a message away! Likewise totally understand if you go MIA for a while!! Us IVF girls have got to stick together xx