Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @clucky14 and @onedaymaybebaby!

I found the same page and this makes more sense. Yes, can apply up to 3 months in advance, but payment will only start after proof of birth is submitted.

Need to get the docus lined up in the time being.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Lovely Ladies! Just a quick one to say hello and see how everyone is?
    Took my mum out for her birthday yesterday, and indulged her by looking at some baby stuff together (these are her first grandchildren, and sometimes I think she's more excited than us!), and we happened accross some clearance items at Target So, I've now officially bought our first onsies! We won't normally dress them the same, but hubby loves Batman and I thought they would look so cute together in these!
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness, that's CUTENESS to the max!

You are tempting me @OneOfTheseDays! ARGH!

What a lovely way to spend grandma's birthday! I know my parents are pretty excited too (though they try very hard not to show it, but you can see them glow when i show them u/s pics).

I can't wait to see the twinnies in these onesies, they would make such cute batmans and batgirls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeeeek they are soooooo cute @OneOfTheseDays!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The latest in the Vitamin D Dramas @VickyP....

We went to a hospital appt today after having had my blood test for Vit D levels 2 weeks ago (after my original GP hadn't checked my levels) to find out that the midwife forgot to request Vit D levels....!?! Couldn't believe it lol! Had to laugh or else I'd cry but the Dr isn't concerned about it, is happy I started on supplements regardless and isn't going to bother checking it until my 28 week bloods....so many conflicting opinions on that one! have my 20 week scan referral though yay! Roll on 4 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the same thing with low vitamin d with child 1 @onedaymaybebaby the thing I am a little worried about is my initial tests for this round showed I had low iron but it was never checked again. Also after getting the print out of all my blood work from the FS to take to my OB I also noticed it was noted my rubella immunisation was low and it was noted immunisation recommended but no one ever informed me this and obviously now it's too late. Little anoyed over that. I started elevit morning sickness tablets this morning I think they are just mostly ginger but found some relief today after two weeks of nausea yay!!!! I feel so exhausted from work so drained hoping that I get some energy soon l😎

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @onedaymaybebaby, the Vit D dramas never end so they? My OB wasn't fazed at all too and he said once a day supps are good enough until 28 weeks and yes, there's a BT then to check on all those levels for the last trimester I guess. Yay to 20w scan? Let us know the date when you lock it in, that's one exciting scan to have!

Oh, that sucks @clucky14! They should have told you about the rubella vaccination! Why wouldn't they? That's annoying. ☹️ I think rubella is quite rare these days so it's low risk. Have you had a vaccination for this before?

My OB has said to do whooping cough vaccination at 28 to 32 weeks. Wondering about flu vaccination now.

Great that the morning sickness tablets work for you @clucky14. That's such a relief. Hang in there! Things will turn better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway, I got to 21w yesterday and had my first scary-near-faint encounter on the train yesterday. It feels like bubs had a growth spurt over the last few days suddenly and my tummy just got quite a bit bigger so its uncomfortable now. I was squashed on the morning train but the contributing factor was probably a lack of food in my tummy (only had half a snack bar before leaving the house and was hoping to grab coffee and breakfast on the way to work).

So as my stop approached (the crowded town hall stop), I felt quite sick, got up, walked towards the door and started feeling faint and light headed. I could feel the blood not getting up to my brain and I started breaking out in cold sweat. All I could think at that point was to grab onto the handrails as tightly as I could and I started to think what should I do if I really did faint. Thankfully the train was pretty slow in pulling into the stop. Finally I quickly grabbed a seat near the door and sat down. Felt better in like 10 secs or so. I debated whether to stay on the train or get off but I eventually got off. I guess the more open environment helped with better air circulation. I quickly grabbed some food and felt better after a slow walk to the office.

Sorry for the long story, it was quite scary for me. Felt like the blood pressure suddenly fell too low. Got to watch food intake in the mornings now. And I am not liking the trains at all. Maybe I need to try to get an earlier train to work to avoid the crowds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @VickyP that sounds awful! Glad you managed to sit for a bit and let it pass! Hope it doesn't happen too often for you (or at all!)! I find I have to stand up slowly after sitting, lying down etc as I get so dizzy and faint that I feel I'm going to black out, it's a horrible feeling so I really feel for you having to deal with that on the train!

Yes another annoying thing with the hospital, I only had my first visit 2 weeks ago being told that I would get my 20 week scan through the hospital, just got given the referral from the dr yesterday, to be told that I can't get it through the hospital as they are booked up weeks in advance!! I would have had to book it about 8 weeks ago! The system in this country does my head in but I'm thinking positively, this is not bad in the grand scheme of things at all, could be far worse! So far everything is on track and bubs and I are healthy so that's the main thing!

No one bulk bills the 20 week scan down here, but it's not so bad, the place I booked in to will be around $115 after Medicare rebate. I really wanted to go back to Monash Ultrasound for Women but they were going to be $240 after the rebate, having already spent what we have on scans and harmony test, I would rather sink that money into baby items! So I'm booked in on 6th September! Can't wait! Also cos I'm tall (1.8m) and with my sister having big babies (10lb9oz!) the hospital are getting me to have growth scans (which I have managed to book through them) at 28 and 34 weeks also woohoo!
    @clucky14 I'm so glad you have found something to help with the nausea! Hope you can turn the corner soon! I would be so annoyed with the rubella immunisation report too! Have you found out why no one said anything? I'm definitely getting my Whooping cough at 28 weeks and the hospital dr said definitely still get the flu shot even though we are nearly in Spring! So that's next on the list!
    @ABG79 and @OneOfTheseDays how are you ladies doing?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (12-08-2016)