+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

We weren't allowed to video ours 😣 some silly rule the local hospital has, such a bugger! Otherwise I'd be doing the same as you @ABG79!! Hehe! Never get sick of seeing it!!

We're going public only because we don't have much option out here in the sticks. Our hospital has a great midwifery team (friends of mine are midwifes there too so would be awesome if one of them delivered Bub!). The closest private maternity ward for us is 2 hours away (not even sure if they still do it there!) so local public hospital it is! Purely for convenience! But yep, doing the same shared care between local obstetrician & midwifes at the hospital.
    Last edited by MissTilly; 17-06-2016 at 11:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you @ABG79, I also don't want to get carried away too much.

Taking a video is such a good idea - will need to get DH to do that at the next scan. I usually am just busy feeling relieved and get engrossed watching the screen as my OB checks.

As for your question - I am going private. Am not against public, but I have had an open surgery before so I feel more assured to have an OB care for me because I am definitely going to have a c-section. Plus, we have phi, which covers for quite a bit of the costs, but OOP is still about $5k. So far, the experience has been great - especially when I have concerns, I can make an appt to zip in anytime to check things out with almost no queue. So I'm happy with my choice so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So lovely to hear everyone's stories and experiences. Gosh, I'm glad I decided to stop stalking and start posting!
    Oooh, booked my 7 week ultrasound today - another TWW! I hope they let us take a video of it.
    In regards to public or private, I'm hoping I'll be able to have a natural birth (even if it is twins!), so I'll opt for GP shared care with a public hospital.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I will be going public again. I was under midwife care and I couldn't fault the whole process. My labor was very positive and only saw an obstetrician for a couple of appointments and at the end once my baby was born.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilpingu For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad that you joined us @OneOfTheseDays! It will be plenty of waits from now - I am trying to not think about it because it's a long wait inbetween scans!

I agree that many people have had great experiences with shared care and the public system. If I was low risk and if I hadn't previous surgery, I think I'd have opted for public too! 🏻

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    On a side note, are you ladies back in the "swing of things" with your hubbies? I've been holding off purely because of the irritation down there but my GP said hold off for a bit longer as we don't want to do anything to risk causing an issue being only 8 weeks along.....how long do we have to wait lol.....poor DF
    @onedaymaybebaby - I only just remembered you asked this and didn't get much feedback! Things have definitely slowed down in the bedroom with the whole IVF process - too tired, too hormonal, too icky down there, too much focus on 'other things'. That said, I have really tried this time to make an effort to ensure hubby is feeling loved and wanted and isn't being pushed aside while all my focus is on being (and staying) pregnant. We were never advised not to have sex in the early days.....so we have a couple of times and there has been no issue. Although I can't say there aren't concerns going through my head when we are doing it, I also think that the endorphins and extra blood circulation sex brings is good for the baby and my body.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (18-06-2016),VickyP  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I didn't see that comment either @onedaymaybebaby! We've only done it twice... Yup.... Twice.... Since starting IVF back in January ~ at 17 weeks and again on Tuesday just gone. This has been a bit of a point of contention between me and the hubman because I've always had a higher sex drive than him and I knew there would be an element of me not being in the mood as much but as my sex drive has decreased so has his so I haven't even come down to his level! Lol! We were both apprehensive about getting down to business before 12 weeks which I was ok with mentally and just did everything but the actual deed but then afterwards he was still hesitant and had the whole thought of 'what if it hurts the baby' which he knows it wouldn't but just couldn't wrap his head around it until we got carried away one night and vwalah! No issues!! So then I thought ok sweet, we're going to get back on track ~ I'd be happy with at least once a week kind of thing! But no... He hasn't been keen again until Tuesday night... That was a whole another 5 weeks between shags! Feeling like a born again virgin with a baby bump!! Lol! But I can't complain though, he's been looking after me in every other way he can, always has the fire on when I get home from work, dinner somewhat organised, bio-oiling this bod up so yeah, he does do well in all other hubby departments ☺️

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (18-06-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (18-06-2016),VickyP  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

I'm so glad this conversation has started... I have had zero sex drive since starting IVF last September, and now I'm pregnant am so fearful of having sex and getting irritated down there.. Hubby has a high sex drive so have had lots of arguments about this.. With the medications and hormones, it's been physically and mentally exhausting and I'm just not in the mood. We've had sex a few times, but only recently have I had my mojo back - slightly. My hubby is like yours @MissTilly gets dinner ready, does a lot around the house, foot massages etc so I feel I need to look after him sex wise too, but most of the time I'm not in the mood..
    I was starting to think there was something wrong with me due to having no sex drive at all..
    Last edited by ABG79; 18-06-2016 at 16:16.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (18-06-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (18-06-2016),VickyP  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Maybe my GP is just being super cautious! I would have liked to had a final visit with Primary so I could have asked the FS....no such luck lol! Sounds like we are the lucky ones with helpful significant others! My DF is often home from work before me so gets dinner ready etc... So it would be nice to look after him! He's chomping at the bit but is so good about it! Admittedly now that I'm feeling less irritated down there I'm starting to get a bit over waiting too lol! I go back for my blood results this week so will ask the G.P again....WHEN

Re public vs private...we are going public. I can't get in to where I would ideally like due to catchment zones so am going to figure out an exact plan this week when I see my GP. I have a choice of two hospitals...even though the 2nd one is a bit further away than the first, I think we will go there as have heard good things

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016),VickyP  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice convo about the roley poles dance!

I think DH and I stopped during the actual IVF process through stimming and all (not to mention my ohss episode) and got back into the swing of things when my first fresh ET was cancelled, hoping for a surprise to happen, but of course it didn't. And then we totally stopped after my ET back in early April.

Every other book, reference material and convo I have had with docs say it's fine, but DH is too worried about our boy to want to do it, so we agreed to wait out the 12 weeks. We both have equally high sex drive, so before this, we were at it for 3-4 times a week usually, so it's been boring like anything since, but we try to do other intimate stuff like hug and kiss in bed to feel the love for each other. I just love snuggling up to him and cuddling him in bed in the morning.

Then last week at 12 weeks, he read and realised that the baby was only about 5.5cm (which was verified at scan) and he freaked again, saying that he was worried about sex harming the pregnancy. I was pretty much like "whatever" because I can't say I am feeling it either, so was quietly glad that we didn't try any further. He now wants to wait for another 2 weeks.

Honestly, in my first pregnancy, both of us were at it like bunnies on coals for some reason. My libido was very high then and we carried on our routine. And then I found out about my mmc at 8 weeks, so I think that's kind of left a scar on both of us. That said, this time, I am just not feeling it, and I blame the pessaries / progesterone which made me so lethargic in the first 10 weeks anyway.

Like all your SO, my DH is a gem too in all other ways!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (18-06-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (18-06-2016)