+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, it's definitely a relief to find out and confirm that the placenta is anterior because one of my big worries was not feeling bub. hopefully bub is going to be comfy in there. Don't fret @onedaymaybebaby, ob said anytime between now and 22 weeks is the average for ladies with anterior placentas so not long to go!

Oh, and did I tell you that it's likely my c-section will be brought forward by 2 weeks, meaning I'm now due 7 Dec. Yay! That would give me time to recover before the Xmas craze. OB said with my past uterine surgery, he doesn't want to risk me going into labour so he'd rather do it 2 weeks early.

Sorry can't help with pre-eclampsia @ABG79! I only know it has to do with blood pressure being high and it is detectable via urine tests if there's too much protein in it. If you don't mind me asking, why are you considered high risk? Sounds to me that it's best to follow the medical plan your doc gives you - maybe it will help control the blood pressure. I think it's good that they monitor it than diagnose it only later hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone feeling ladies? I've been so out of breath the last few days, feeling a little refluxy too so either hiccuping or little burps uncontrollably lol!! Very embarrassing when talking to customers at work lol! I thought I felt an old sensation like rolling in my lower tummy last night, not convinced it was anything but I'll report if I feel anything more hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally understand @onedaymaybebaby I walked up some stairs at work yesterday and found myself puffing !!! I just had my follow up appointment with DR McDonald re my 6 week ultrasound I'm almost now 8 weeks. She is so lovely. Gave me some referral paperwork for my OB was great didn't have to wait as soon as I got to primary I was called in first time I haven't had to wait 😂 Still suffering from nausea though just can't seem to shake it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

@onedaymaybebaby I've been incredibly out of breath too! It's eased up the past two weeks. I think it's from all the extra blood pumping through our bodies!

I had a doc appt yesterday regarding my results and I have a 1:40 risk of getting preeclampsia they determine this from a variety of factors mainly from blood test and the blood flow in placenta. We paid extra for the screening test in addition when we did the NIPT. To try and prevent from getting it I'm now on 100mg of aspirin daily. Hope it stays away!
    @VickyP my placenta is also anterior too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies for being so quiet this week - it's been crazy at work...

I have been out of breath from climbing stairs since a few weeks ago... I read that it's because the body has produced 20-25% more blood for the baby, so the heart is working extra hard to pump all that through the body. So I have been trying to take it easy and enjoying being slow at things. haha.

Glad you got your referral all done @clucky14, now onto the next part of the journey! yay! Hope your nausea eases up soon too!

Geez - talk about the odds @ABG79 and @onedaymaybebaby, all 3 of us having anterior placentas? ahaha. oh well, at least bub's got an extra cushion! LOL.

Can't wait to hear about more of pub's rolly actions @onedaymaybebaby. I have had random feelings, small and not consistent, so I am also not sure whether it is my tummy / indigestion or bub. This morning, though, I am pretty sure I had a kick from bub. So much so that I thought my skin bumped "boing". Just once, so far nothing more even after me and DH stared at my tummy after that for 10 mins. Will also report more if there's anymore action.

Glad to know that your Dr has taken some action @ABG79 - just take it as it comes. It's only a risk factor - doesn't mean that you will get it and now that you are on aspirin, the risks can only lower! Do you have to be on aspirin for the rest of the pregnancy?

I started on cranberries supplements because I had some lower ab discomfort and was worried about UTI, so to play safe, I asked the mw and she said it would be a good idea to start taking some cranberries supplements, so now I am on Elevit, Vit D and cranberries. I am worried about haemorrhoids but not sure how else I can prevent that given that I am trying to eat more fruit and yogurt already!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time for an update with new graduates! YAAAAYYYYY! Welcome @Loz83, @Billie2 and @tjuls to the club!

Anyone with upcoming scans scheduled?

~~~~~ ROLL CALL ~~~~~

Danymatthew - EDD 22 Aug 2016 - Girl!
    @MissTilly - EDD 16 Oct 2016 - Girl!

Rainbow Lorikeet - EDD 01 Dec 2016
    @VickyP - EDD 21 Dec 2016 - Boy!

@onedaymaybebaby - EDD 23 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@ABG79 - EDD 31 Jan 2017 - Boy!

@OneOfTheseDays - EDD 17 Feb 2017 (Twins!)

@clucky14 - EDD 18 Mar 2017
    @Loz83 - EDD TBC
    @Billie2 - EDD TBC
    @tjuls - EDD TBC

~~~~ Upcoming scans / tests ~~~~

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (05-08-2016),MissTilly  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1470352190.463153.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1470352204.019463.jpg

Forgot to show you ladies my scan results - there's bub sucking on his thumb and the other one him snuggling into position for the sonographer. Does that look like his button nose? Thought his facial profile looked cute.

Didn't get a 3D scan cos it was bulk billed and did its job. Lol.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (07-08-2016),Billie2  (05-08-2016),clucky14  (05-08-2016),MissTilly  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, so far, I have experienced every symptom right on cue - woke up last night with cramps in my calf muscle that was shocking. Right on cue at 20w1d.

Not looking to some other symptoms reported especially in the third trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an anterior placenta too!!!! What is the go with that??? Surely it can't be IVF related but that's crazy that so many of us have it! I have really started to feel her move a lot more the last 4 weeks which is so awesome! But I'm greedy and still want to feel more hehe! Found out on Wednesday too that I have low iron so now on an iron tablet a day to fix that I've only just started feeling achey of a morning but have been getting cramps in my legs for the last 2 weeks so I should have twigged with that that they could be low iron related but again just put it down to the throws of pregnancy. Hope you're all doing really well!! Beautiful pictures @VickyP!!! Welcome to the new graduates too!!! Can't wait to see their EDD!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a bit random but I just wanted to share too, I remember back in January when I was waiting for one of our scans for follicle tracking at the clinic, there was a couple waiting in the same area who must have just had their 7 week viability scan or 12 week scan ~ one of the staff came out with a big white envelope for them which must have been their ultrasound images and just the smiles on their faces was just amazing!! Right then & there I could see the amazing work Primary IVF can do and how bloody lucky we are to have found such a wonderful service. So bloody grateful!!! Still can't get over how easy the whole process was especially with the amazing support on here. Look at me, feeling all whimsical today I think! Lol! Just wanted to share the love

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-08-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (05-08-2016),VickyP  (05-08-2016)