+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you're feeling yuck @clucky14, unfortunately I just had to push through it, had it from about 6weeks through to about 12-13weeks, I found when I actually spewed it made me feel a bit better strangely! Some women suggest sucking on fruit tingles, I found they made me feel worse but plain hard boiled lollies was something I loved lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here @clucky14, seems like different things work for different people. Ginger didn't work that much for me as well, I had loads of hot creamy soup - thank goodness for the cold weather. At one point, I was eating quite a bit of junk food too but the midwife said whatever that I can stomach is better than nothing so junk food or not just get it in!

My acupuncturist did teach me a trick to make it feel better. She taught me to lie down, and press on this spot on the pubic bone which was pretty effective. Acupuncture helped me a lot and I stopped when I was about 10 weeks. Have you tried the famous acupuncture spots on the wrists? They even sell wrist bands for those spots these days. Hope you feel better soon hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will have to try those wrist bands will get one tomorrow there is a chemist nearby hopefully it helps. I haven't left the house in 3 days is been all day and night the nausea it's gross feeling all I've managed to eat is dry biscuits and some toast and trying to force some fruit in . Even drinking water is difficult. Hopefully dosnt last long
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Same here @clucky14, seems like different things work for different people. Ginger didn't work that much for me as well, I had loads of hot creamy soup - thank goodness for the cold weather. At one point, I was eating quite a bit of junk food too but the midwife said whatever that I can stomach is better than nothing so junk food or not just get it in!

My acupuncturist did teach me a trick to make it feel better. She taught me to lie down, and press on this spot on the pubic bone which was pretty effective. Acupuncture helped me a lot and I stopped when I was about 10 weeks. Have you tried the famous acupuncture spots on the wrists? They even sell wrist bands for those spots these days. Hope you feel better soon hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 you poor thing! I really feel for you. I hope it passes soon. Eat when you can and whatever you feel like, and try to keep your fluids up if you can. Don't be unkind to yourself and rest. Really hope u start feeling better soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're feeling better soon @clucky14! I was so lucky and only felt a little gaggy in the morning but nothing like what you're feeling. Big hugs Hun! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are feeling better @clucky14.

So DH and I hopped into Baby Buntings today but we didn't buy anything. Tried a few of the prams and strollers but nothing has jumped out at us yet. Going to stick to the plan - get bare essentials and wait as long as we can to buy the other stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP is it scan day today? If so enjoy your visit with bubs! So exciting! Can't wait to hear how you get on and where that placenta is lying

We went to baby bunting yesterday too.....I'm even more overwhelmed with all the choices now lol! We are trying to plan ahead, obviously will see how we going with number 1, but possibly planning on trying for our lil one on ice when bubs is around 18months old.....so thinking a pram with the ability of adding a toddler seat is the way to go. That knocks out city elite (damn it lol), maybe the city select.....watch this space!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @onedaymaybebaby! Yes, it's scan day and I did it first thing this morning. It was so awesome to see bub, this time in detail. Scan results look good - everything seems to be in order and I'm just waiting to go pick up the report and bring it to my OB's office this arvo for my appt. it was just amazing to see bub. He was quite cooperative so the lady didn't struggle too much to measure him up. He was pretty active and wiggled quite a bit and sucked on his thumb too. It was just too cute. The sonographer wasn't too talkative but she said it all looked normal. She says placenta is anterior and it might take another 4 weeks before I can feel bub kick. Feeling a bit relieved now.

I also thought about a pram that could have a toddler seat but given how things are, I'm not sure whether that's planning a little too far ahead! things don't seem to always go according to my plan. So I'm leaning towards getting a functional, non fancy and affordable pram for now so that if we had to get another one later, it's not too much money wasted. 5 more weeks to shopping for us! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic to hear @VickyP! I had a sneaky suspicion you had an anterior placenta too! Good to know all is well, but arrrrgh for the wait to feel kicks! That means potentially another 9 weeks for me before I feel anything!? Lol I'm just too impatient

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Fantastic @VickyP your mind must be at ease and I bet you're still visualising Bub on the screen - it's so amazing!

We paid extra for our NIPT test to get the preeclampsia screening and the hospital called me today to say I'm high risk of getting it... I don't really know much about it does anyone have any knowledge they can share? Or has anyone experienced it? The doctor told me over the phone I can start medication to prevent from getting it my doc appt isn't until Wednesday afternoon when she will go through my medical plan. Not quite sure how I'm feeling- I know I'm steering clear of Google!