+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is taking the opportunity to get some bargains in the latest Baby Bunting and Babies r Us sales? I wouldn't really have a clue re their sales, so I'm guessing their next big ones will be Xmas/New Years? By that point I'm sure I'm going to be the size of a small house and won't be bothered shopping by then lol! I'm not really wanting to get stuff just yet but was thinking of using the lay by feature as you get the sale price but they hold onto the goods for up to 26 weeks (less for me to store here unnecessarily early) and I believe the product warranties don't start till you pick up the goods! Something to think about I guess, when are you ladies planning on doing your shopping??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

Good question @onedaymaybebaby! DH and I were planning to start buying after we come back from a 2 week babymoon in early Sep. Will be about 25 weeks then. We didn't want to buy too early and store stuff so we thought we will start the shopping spree towards the end of the second trimester. One reason is that it still feels a little unreal for me and I really want to confirm that everything will be fine after the 20w scan. I had started shopping online, reading reviews and shortlisting brands of items so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get but with the BB sale, we might hop over one of these weekends to have a look. Think the only ones I hadn't shortlisted a brand for are the car seat and stroller. We will only buy the essentials (wear, eat, sleep, bathe, poop) for now and then the rest when bub arrives. that's the plan anyway. Let's see how we will hold up with the sale going on!
    Last edited by VickyP; 30-07-2016 at 07:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love going to the shops and looking at the baby things gets me all excited. We don't have too much to buy as still have everything from the first one but we do need the second part to the pram to use with two kids and we will also need one more car seat and a bouncer but that's about all so far. Guess if it's a boy then I will need some boys clothes and onesies but if it's a girl again I am set have lots of my toddlers clothes I've kept . Don't really plan on buying much to about 5 or 6 months this time as don't have a lot of room to store it all. Funny last time as we hit 12 weeks we went crazy lay buying everything like there was a huge rush😂😂😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I really don't want to shop just yet but the sales for what we are looking at are pretty good at the moment! @VickyP what brands have you narrowed down? We are most likely going with capsule to start with (yet to decide what we want) then the Infasecure Quattro Vera for car seat (birth-8years old), the boori urbane bassinet to start with then will look at getting furniture later once we move into a bigger house, and the baby jogger city elite stroller. Nothing is set in concrete yet though, open to others research and opinions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally going to Baby Bunting today! Just to research though I can't believe how expensive car seats and prams are! I need to figure out what is actually essential and what is just marketing hype to make you spend more. Considering we have to get 2 of some things, we are going to have to really watch the budget $$.
    In other news, feeling a bit bummed as I was going to to have a scan on Monday when I'd be 11 weeks 3 days, but they have pushed it back to Saturday saying they will get better results. I know it's for the best, but I've been counting the days (and sleeps!) until I can see our bubbas are safe and well. I know it's only a few days, but still disappointed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

@OneOfTheseDays @onedaymaybebaby ~ I love baby bunting!!! We bought our pram & car seat when we were only 13 weeks only because they were having a big sale similar to what's on now there! We got a baby jogger city elite for $750 (saved $200) and a safensound car seat for $450 (saved $150), then recently bought an oricom baby monitor for $190 (saved $90) bloody love a good bargain! Hehe! I refuse to pay full price if I can get away with it! If you call and order it rather than online then you might get a further 5% discount (loyalty discount) or something that you can't get online.

Sorry to hear your scan got pushed back @OneOfTheseDays, I'd be feeling the same! Bring on Saturday!!!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! Lovely sunny weather here in Narrabri today but rather chilly still xx
    Last edited by MissTilly; 30-07-2016 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaaghhh @OneOfTheseDays I feel bummed for you!!! But just think, that little bit extra cooking time will make much better viewing opportunity!!! can't wait for your update!!!

Thanks @MissTilly! Oooh you got the city elite too! Have you fallen in love with it?? That's the sale pice at the moment so I'm really tempted to buy! Would love to hear your thoughts on it!!! Ohhh I love a good bargain lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry about the scan date @OneOfTheseDays! I so know what you mean and I feel your dilemma for sure! I guess it's what it is and since being on this journey, I have accepted the fact that there are plenty of decisions / instructions I wonder about and don't like but have to go with for the best sake of bub, so just hang in there! It'll all pay off!

I like the city jogger too but DH doesn't seem very convinced about it. Think for the stroller and car seat we will go see it and test it out in real life to see how it feels and handle so that's why we haven't found a brand yet.

The other things I'm thinking of getting - a Graco crib/playpen to start with (compact and comes with accessories), spectra breast pump, Ergobaby baby carrier, a diaper backpack from Amazon. I'm planning to buy stuff that will get Dad involved in everything so that DH can enjoy bonding too (hence the breast pump so that it will help with milk flow and he can feed bub too).
    Last edited by VickyP; 30-07-2016 at 23:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it @onedaymaybebaby! Lol! Well I haven't had the chance to actually put it to use (come on October!) but my friend has one and she loves it. Hubby is really impressed with how easy it is to fold up & unfold and feels super sturdy. We ended up getting a bassinet to go with it rather than a capsule but I can totally see the benefits of a capsule too. Keeping my eye out for a 2nd hand on that can go on my elite. Ordered a pram liner off Audrey & Me a couple of weeks ago but still haven't seen it come in the post yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question what have you all tried and find works best for nausea ? I have tried ginger tea but found dosnt help much. Bit over feeling like I'm going to be sick it's horrible feeling and been days now