+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @VickyP! Yep it was my first midwife assessment appointment today! So basically lots of questions, told me how the appointments will work, ordered a few more blood tests (turns out the blimmen GP I saw never checked my vit d levels at all!), so they advised regardless of what results come back with, to start vit D supplements anyway as most women are low naturally! Also had another urine test just to make sure everything is fine with the GBS, confirmed I'll definitely get antibiotics in labour, told me about Anti D injections (my blood type is A-) and when I'd be having them along with flu and whooping cough vacc! They will undertake my 20 week scan through the hospital (no charge whoop!). So all in all a great appointment and I have another visit with a Dr at the hospital in two weeks, then just the standard scheduled visits

Oooh I might have to look at these jeans, mine are getting so uncomfortable! I had a bigger size up in my fave jeans from ages ago, they feel amazing on my stomach but too big in the legs bugger it so I need to go shopping haha!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies! Great to hear everyone is tracking along nicely - and thanks for the heads up on the pineapple TimTams.....just added them to the shopping list for hubby to bring on his way home tonight
    My bloat has officially turned into belly bump - I can tell by the little 'kink' near my belly button. This photo was taken last Friday at 10 weeks
    10 week belly bump.jpg
    I've been unbuttoning the top button on my jeans this week, so think I'll be needing to go clothes shopping sooner rather than later. Maternity clothes seem so expensive though! Will have to keep my eye on places like Ozsales I reckon.
    A quick question for you ladies if you would like to play along. Apart from the usual symptoms (sickness, needing to pee, cravings etc), have you had any other 'symptoms' or different things that only happen to you when pregnant? I ask because I've had a few - blocked/snotty sinuses, acne on my chest (only a few spots on my face) and more recently - one red cheek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, sounds like you had a productive and awesome visit @onedaymaybebaby! Hearing your story, not sure which is worse, having a test and not told about low Vit D levels until 2 months later (ie my situation) or not tested at all! I think most people are low unless you are outdoors a lot (then you are probably high risk for skin cancer?!) lol. The mw at my OB has said to do whooping cough vac at 28-32 weeks.

Anyway, hot tip too - jeans from target were on sale. Only $39. I'll probably go get another pair. I also have an old pair one size too large and even that is uncomfortable when I am sitting. The rest of my pants have been packed up. Can't fit at all, even stretchy pants / jeans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice bump there @OneOfTheseDays! How lovely! You look so toned and I wished I had a figure like that! Haha! I'll try to share mine when I get a nice shot.

I think I'm small compared to you. I just hope that bub is growing well, not too small (because I feel small) and all a tracking well since I don't feel him yet. I had a few funny sensations last night before going to bed but nothing is screaming "that's baby" at me. Sigh. Can't wait till Monday to get a scan.

I'm trying not to buy too many maternity clothes because I don't know how I would change in size in the next few months! Plus weather changes! Most places don't have a large selection, even target and they look "meh". Some of the ones online do look expensive but I have a number is swinging / loose fit / knit dresses that I might still be able to fit when the weather turns warmer. So no shopping spree for me!

As for symptoms, constant constipation, nausea after showers (weird I know), acne on face (though now it's better and only a few spots), eczema got triggered on dry skin, etc. Pretty common and haven't noticed anything dramatic (thanks goodness). But feet cramps started 2 evenings ago after trotting around in boots and can be rather painful but hasn't progressed to leg cramps in the middle of the night (hopefully it doesn't!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a beautiful bump @OneOfTheseDays!!! I would show mine, but I hate photos lol so I won't be going there as for odd symptoms, mine have all been pretty standard but One I am really NOT liking is my left nipple gets really (like unbearably) painful in the cold, yep only the left one lol! Sorry if that's too much lol but it is a bizzare change for me! The only way to stop it is using a warm wheat pack....

yep same here @VickyP 28 weeks for whooping cough vacc

I've been feeling crafty today and had a first attempt of making a baby blanket for our little man! Pretty happy considering I haven't sewn anything properly on a machine for years just a small one to start with, will be good for the car seat or pram

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469689886.484630.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash... Has anyone got leftover crinone they'd be happy to share/sell? I gave mine away to help @RainbowLorikeet and now Im in desperate need of it. Please personal message me if so. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays beautiful bump lovely! Can't wait to have a baby belly (rather than a food baby!) @onedaymaybebaby LOVE that blankie!! I'm so obsessed with elephants! Are to taking any orders??
    Not long to go until your scan @VickyP the countdown is on! Im experiencing similar symptoms too hun .. Ive been constipated...I've got so many pimples and lots around my hair line, I've got deep cyst like pimples on my chin and I'm still bloody exhausted from broken/restless night sleep.. Certainly no pregnancy glow here haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 sorry no I don't, hope you find some

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ABG79, thought I'd make the most of spotlights 40% off fabric sale oh you're getting the cyst type zits too I feel for you!!
    @Billie2, sorry Hun none here, Melbourne only give us the bare minimum! Hope everything is ok xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby sadly its not ok. My prog has dropped to a disastrous level and I start pessaries x 3 a day tomorrow. Dont think it will make it at this stage.. ☹️