+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Was off today but back tomorrow oh I am waiting for the two people that knew I was undergoing IVF to ask I wish I had never said anything but really people shouldn't ask! Was chatting to a friend today she said to say it's progressing but will let you know when I have news . Hopefully that puts any other questions to a stop fingers crossed 😂 Hope everyone had a good weekend mine was pretty good besides a sore throat and bad headache I've had last two days but besides that all good!
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Oh, and good luck today at work too @clucky14! Hope you don't get too many nosy questions. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

@clucky14 I like the 'progressing but will let you know' reply. You could also say we still have a long journey ahead.. That's true
    I've also had a sore throat and headache the past few days. Hoping to get a good night sleep after Love Child tonight and wake up feeling better!
    My boss knows I'm pregnant I kept her informed throughout the IVF journey and we have a good relationship so I was pleased she knew. She suggested I announce it in a staff meeting and I'm unsure what to say. To just say 'I've got some happy news to share, i'm pregnant and due in January' seems awkward to me.. Any suggestions how you announced to your work colleagues??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally feel for you @clucky14. I think that is one of the things I find the hardest about going through IVF (apart from the obvious), is managing the expectations of others and having to tell people if it didn't work out (or in this case, that it did!) I would have preferred not to tell my boss straight away, but it turns out one of my bosses is also my aunty, so I couldn't not tell her! She's been really good at keeping it a secret from the other boss until I'm ready though, so I'm thankful for that. My belly is already starting to pop though, so I think I will be spilling the beans next week or the week after as it's becoming obvious. Will try and then hide myself and my belly away for a couple of weeks before making the announcement to greater friends and family (ideally, I'd like to get to 14 weeks before telling all and sundry!). I'm still not sure how I'm going to tell people though, so I'm not much help @ABG79! Interested to hear what others say
    That's interesting about your thyroid too @ABG79 - definitely keep us updated! The doc didn't give me much information, just sent me for a more in depth blood test and said she would send me to the endocrinologist if needed. I'm doing my best to just trust everything is ok and to stay away from Dr Google!
    Apart from the other things I mentioned were high (due to the steroids), My vitamin D levels were also on the low side, so I'll get some Otrivin tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know right and I'm stressing over it already about being asked ! I just think we haven't told family so why would I want all of work to know at only 5 weeks ! You think people would have sense not to ask I'm just going to have to be firm which isn't in my nature but to be honest it's not really any of there business and I bet if they were pregnant they would not tell people to 12 weeks ! I've worked myself up too much over this kind of regretting I had ever told my boss and supervisor this headache will not go argh long night ahead heheh I just wish I could hear the heart beat already I am so impatient !! Question after your first scan can you chose where you would like to go after that??

Thanks
    Reviews

@clucky14 after my viability scan at 7 weeks at primary, I went to my GP and she gave me all the options regarding the next lot of scans and gave me the referrals I needed. So yes you can choose where you would like your scans done. Hope you get a restful night sleep tonight and don't put any more thought into the people at work it's none of their business and you don't need to say anything. You've got a great response prepared so you've got nothing to worry about. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, just a quick update before I fall asleep on my feet lol! Scan was AMAZING! Although it seems our little guy is giving us a run for our money already!! He was standing on his head and back to front so we spent nearly an hour with him trying all sorts of things to get him to turn lol! He wasn't having a bar of it at first, poor fella was getting shaken about by the sonographer and he was wriggling up a storm as if to say "Leave me alone!" Lol it was very cute! So after an external, internal, skull 3 glasses of ice water and back to external scans she got the angles she needed to check all the important stuff! One bummer which I'm hoping will change as the pregnancy progresses is I have an anterior placenta which may mean it's a good while before I can feel any movement waaaah! Just good to know he's healthy, moving up a storm and heart rate of 150bpm! It's been a great day ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468845766.540073.jpg
    Last edited by onedaymaybebaby; 18-07-2016 at 22:42.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (19-07-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (18-07-2016),VickyP  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby beautiful baby!!!!! He is gorgeous what an amazing pic you must be over the moon with excitement! Can't wait for our scan on Saturday xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Insomnia is back a whole two hours sleep 😩😩😩😩 going to be a long day at work today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @onedaymaybebaby amazing photo of Bub!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, gorgeous little man you have there @onedaymaybebaby. Now I'm really regretting not doing the 12w scan. Haha. Oh well, 2 weeks to go for mine. Good that you found out about the anterior placenta though - then you won't get freaked out. I'm suspecting I'm the same but I can't be sure because I didn't have that detailed scan! I'm suspecting so because everytime I use the Doppler, my placenta comes across more quickly and louder than bub which is a tad annoying. And I still can't feel him yet. Just hoping all is tracking well.

Oh @clucky14, I feel you. I didn't sleep well last night too. It's just tiring. Hope the day whizzes past with no dramas for you.

My boss has also asked me whether to break the good news to my colleagues. This boss knows because she offered me a new part time position and I had to tell her. She's been good at keeping it a secret so thank goodness but I think I need a plan soon. I'm starting to show too I think!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post: