+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468568233.441951.jpg here's our first baby pic ❤️ I could watch it on the screen all day! Bub was moving around so much we saw it touch it's face and move its little legs. So amazing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (15-07-2016),VickyP  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All! @VickyP - I can totally understand how you are feeling....how frustrating! Like the others have said, its like we constantly have something to worry about - it never ends does it? I do know there can be a lot of factors which means you don't feel bub moving yet, and it is still on the earlier side to feel anything at 17 weeks...some women don't feel anything until at least 20 weeks onwards. Doesn't make it less frustrating though! @onedaymaybebaby - I'm so happy for you! Big yay for a son, and gosh, I love the surprise you gave your hubby....too cute! @clucky14 - I found it so hard to wait for the first scan to see the heartbeat. Just when you think the TWW is the worst thing to endure, I reckon waiting for that first scan is worse. I was so overwhelmed when the sonographer pointed out the heartbeat, that I only half heard her say "oh wait, and there is another one!" (the look on hubby's face bought that one to reality - lol!) @ABG79 - How beautiful is that picture!? You must be so over the moon How many weeks are you now? It's also great that you get to see bubs again so soon!

AFM - I've had an interesting day! To make a long story (not so) short, I had misunderstood the fact that I need to book my own 12 week ultrasound before my first antenatal appointment with the hospital, along with genetic screening blood tests around 10 weeks. When I tried to book an ultrasound in, I couldn't get a booking at any of the hospital centres for another month! They were all telling me I'd have to go privately and pay Anyway, I ended up calling the place I had the 7 week scan at and they said they can do it and it will be bulk billed....phew! Anyway, then my Drs office called to say that the results of the blood & urine test I took yesterday had come back and my Dr wanted to see me - but didn't have an appointment free until Monday. As soon as I hung up, i started freaking out wondering what was wrong. I'm not sure of all the things she tested for - just said it was the first routine test for pregnancy and tested for lots of things like thyroid function, hcg levels etc (took 4 tubes of blood). I'm so used to having blood tests, I didn't really think about it at the time so now I'm not sure what could be 'abnormal'. So, I ended up calling her office back and telling the poor lady on reception that I was 9 weeks pregnant and stressing and couldn't they give me any info as to why she wanted to see me. They were so lovely and sent the Dr a message and she called me back tonight to reassure me that it wasn't anything to stress about, and it could wait until Monday. So, I'm slightly reassured.. but still a little bit stressed! The other thing the Dr is concerned about is that I couldn't get an appointment with the FS she referred me to to give advise about the medications i'm still on and when to stop etc. I've told her I'm resigned to the fact that I'll just have to trust my google research (and the info the lovely ladies on BubHub have shared) to wean myself off them after the first trimester. She did say she will try and call the FS herself anyway, which would be ideal......I guess we just wait and see what happens.
    Wow....sorry, that story ended up being a bit longer than I planned!

Happy weekend ladies - keep the posts coming....I love reading all of your updates

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (15-07-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Such a cute pic @ABG79 QUOTE=ABG79;8524304]Attachment 82561 here's our first baby pic ❤️ I could watch it on the screen all day! Bub was moving around so much we saw it touch it's face and move its little legs. So amazing [/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a week annual leave which has been so nice but now I will have to cancel all my leave from work I had down as I will have to save it up when I am off with Bub. I know I'm only 5 weeks but I'm thinking ahead I'm actually dreading going back next week as I know my boss will ask if I know if I am pregnant yet as she knew I was doing IVF. I just don't want to have to disclose it why should I have to when everyone else that is pregnant dosnt tell work to 12 weeks so thinking of ways how to deal if this question arises . Any ideas ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so awesomely cute @ABG79! Lovely picture! Hi baby! Are you already having an anatomy scan? Mine's not until 1 Aug when I am 19.5 weeks, so you are pretty quick to have it on the 23rd!

Sorry to hear about the stress @OneOfTheseDays. If the doctor has said it's not anything to be stressed about, then I think you should relax and enjoy the weekend. If it's anything like my experience, it's going to be a small issue - like low Vit D levels or something like that. Basically, they test for your iron, calcium, vitamin levels, etc so if you need supplements, they will ask you to start taking them. And they also test for vaccinations and immunity, so if you don't have immunity to something like rubella, etc, they might suggest vaccination jabs for down the road. All the huge a** tests would have flagged any major problems prior to the IVF process, so I wouldn't be too worried.

It is one big constant worry fest - I just wished this was quicker and easier. I'm feeling some cramps tonight and hoping that it's just normal growing pains. Not very painful or jabbing, but enough to make me wonder.

I still have the doppler with me and tried this morning, and could pick up a HB of about 160 although it was short and not very clear (the noise from the placenta woosh was overlapping with it) but I am trying to avoid the doppler - I swear bub doesn't like it and he tries to escape when the probe goes near him.

I know for a fact that if I went to my OB and told him, he would have assured me but would have also rolled his eyes since I am only 17w. Unfortunately, my OB is on annual leave so short of going to the covering doctor, I am trying to convince myself to wait it out.

@clucky14 - I feel your dilemma. I also had people asking me about the results of the IVF (those who knew but i didn't tell work, so that made it easier) and I tried so hard not to say anything. In the end, DH and I went with the line of "in the process and trying very hard to make it work. if we have good news, we will certainly tell you." that's usually enough to shut people up and stop them from probing further. we only told close family (at about 7-8 weeks) and some friends (at 12-13 weeks) and only recently I started telling work. If I could get away with, I would rather not tell at all until I have no choice! I'm not showing much yet despite being 17w+ maybe because I am small to start with, so just hoping bub is growing nicely in there!
    Last edited by VickyP; 15-07-2016 at 21:11.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (15-07-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, you can't wipe the smile off our faces that's for sure! @VickyP I could be wrong but I think @ABG79 is referring to the nuchal scan which they call the 12 week scan but is usually done in the 12+5 to 13+5 window. It's the first official 'anatomy' scan as they check and measure that everything is looking "normal" along with the standard Down syndrome measurements etc.... The harmony test is more accurate than the 10 week standard blood test so they say don't bother with that but still important to have the nuchal scan to check anatomy and for any physical abnormalities before the big 20 week anatomy scan @ABG79 your bubs is beautiful xx

We have our nuchal scan on Monday (we will be 13 weeks exactly) so only 3 more sleeps till we see our little guy again! We ended up going with Monash ultrasound for women $325 with a $50 something rebate from Medicare! So exciting as I think it's about 45 mins long woohoo!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays I wonder if your urine tests have shown GBS like I had! If so, it's nothing to worry about at all (I now know that, at the time I freaked out!), if so it will just mean you need Antibiotics at birth it's really very common and no treatment necessary at this point hopefully something minor like that!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby you are spot on. @VickyP As we did the bloods for NIPT/Harmony we don't need to do the NT bloods and scan , so are having our 12 week anatomy scan. We were originally booked in for NIPT and NT bloods and scan and after our NIPT appt with a genetic counsellor she advised we don't need to do both as its doubling up so recommended we have an anatomy scan which I'm assuming will be the same as the NT scan a nice long scan checking baby's measurements and fluid on neck etc. I'm just happy to see baby on the screen on and can't wait to get our NIPT results.
    @OneOfTheseDays I'm currently 11+5wks and are def over the moon! Feeling so excited now. Completely understand your confusion with everything we need to do and when we need to get things done! I'm lucky my GP helps keep me organised and wrote out a timeline for me. I'm doing shared care between my GP and the hospital. Glad you managed to organise an appointment! And get it bulk billed too. Try not to worry about waiting to see the doctor for your results exactly what @VickyP said it will be something minor regarding your bloods taken and you may need to take additional supplements.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and keep warm xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ABG79 how did you go with your EDD? Has it been based on your IVF dates? I ask as mine got mucked up at my 6wk scan and they based my EDD on my LMP, weren't interested in my IVF dates lol! At my scan when we had the harmony test they confirmed my IVF dates were correct, not the date they gave me at my 6week scan
    @VickyP I'm feeling one of your wonderful roll calls might be needed (no pressure lol!) you're just so good at organising and remembering

16. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

@onedaymaybebaby how exciting your scan is on Monday! I love watching Bub on the screen! They put my EDD as LMP so my due date hasn't changed its still 31st January. I wonder if it will change when we have our scan on 23rd July? Ill ask them and let you know as they haven't considered our IVF dates. Our FET date was 16th May and was a 5 day emby. Xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (15-07-2016)