Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @clucky14 and welcome ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABG79 View Post
    Congratulations @clucky14 and welcome ❤️
    Thank you ! I'm still doing the happy dance so hungry though will have to start walking ! Eating and peeing that's all I have been doing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I do is eat and think about food!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (13-07-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eating salt n vinegar smith chips as I type

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (13-07-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is finding my pregnant behavours most amusing! Pre-pregnancy I would barely eat or pee..... Now I'm like a crazy woman. Fine, fine, fine.....HUNGRY NOW!!!!! Fine, fine, fine, NEED TO PEE NOW!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    How's everyone doing?

Welcome @clucky14! I hope you join us on this thread soon!

Anyway, just wondering, is anyone thinking of doing antenatal classes?

I'd like to, but the majority of antenatal classes focus a lot on birthing. I won't be doing a natural birth - will have to do a hopefully elective C section due to previous surgery for multiple fibroids. OB has confirmed that so I am not keen on birthing classes since I am not likely to have to go through that. Most of the classes don't have a big portion on dealing with newborn / parental skills. This is my first bub and although my mum is coming, I'd like to feel a bit of more prepared, like learning how to BF, burp after feeding, bathe, change diaper, swaddle, etc, that sort of thing. Am I too paranoid?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices in Sydney.....
    Hi @VickyP! Like the others have said, I'd definitely go for some of the more tailored classes (and definitely go to a breastfeeding class if you are planning on breastfeeding). Time to confess - I'm actually a doula so I'm really big on families having as much information and being as prepared as possible when it comes to welcoming bubs - it doesn't matter if you are planning a natural, medicated or cesarean birth. There are actually some really good independent classes out there too that aren't run by hospitals and can offer things like relaxation techniques during pregnancy and other cool stuff like baby massage. Not sure if there is one specifically for planned cesareans, but there might be? There is also a great 'class' for dads called "Beer and Bubs" Usually run at a pub, it's fantastic for dad's to get together to discuss their questions and fears about birth/parenthood/relationship changes with other guys. They are facilitated by qualified Childbirth Educators so they get some guided discussions and education along the way. I'm not sure how much of the content is focused around vaginal delivery vs cesarean, but might be worth looking in to Sadly, being from Melbourne, I don't have many specific recommendations for Sydney, but hopefully you can find something you are comfortable with!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    Eating salt n vinegar smith chips as I type
    Oh yum chips it's so bad I hungry constantly ! I need to stock up on healthy foods I think as I'm just craving burgers and chips and choc 😩

13. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping to find some classes to go to as well. Think it'll be good for bonding with DH and we will feel a bit more confident. Will shop around. Thanks for all the tips and wow, you are a doula @OneOfTheseDays. Now we know who to hassle for answers!

Been so snowed under by work and studies this week. Hoping to get a break on Friday. Think bub is going through another growth spurt today. Cramps again! I can't feel bub yet though I am 17w now. Can't wait for that feeling to roll around!

I have graduated from bad food to good food to little food. I started like all of you, craving for salty stuff, chips, instant noodles, you name it. And then at one point all I wanted was fruit and veg and DH is worried I'm not getting enough protein. This week, bread and sandwiches. I try to eat small portions because I get bloated easily so loads of snack bars (some too sweet I know) but I am really trying to eat a mix of everything. Also trying to avoid coffee when I'm not at work though that's not working too well. Hah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just a quick update! I got my results today!!! All low risk woohoo! Popped out on my lunchbreak and bought this to surprise DF with what we we having! We are beyond happy! We both cried happy tears ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468405109.193494.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    How's everyone doing?

Welcome @clucky14! I hope you join us on this thread soon!

Anyway, just wondering, is anyone thinking of doing antenatal classes?

I'd like to, but the majority of antenatal classes focus a lot on birthing. I won't be doing a natural birth - will have to do a hopefully elective C section due to previous surgery for multiple fibroids. OB has confirmed that so I am not keen on birthing classes since I am not likely to have to go through that. Most of the classes don't have a big portion on dealing with newborn / parental skills. This is my first bub and although my mum is coming, I'd like to feel a bit of more prepared, like learning how to BF, burp after feeding, bathe, change diaper, swaddle, etc, that sort of thing. Am I too paranoid?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices in Sydney.....
    Hi Vicky, I did ec and ended up getting a private midwife to come to our house one evening and go thru what interested us....it was only $150 for 2h and great. I told her what I was interested and not interested in and that if anything else jumped to her mind to throw it in... Worked great, even dh was happy ( he'd initially decided we didn't need antenatal classes since we're both medical -him an ob, but was very happy with this soln) this was Gold Coast but I'm sure there would be mw in Sydney offering this....