+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning and happy Sunday ladies!

Glad the weather is feeling a bit better is weekend in Sydney!

I know what you ladies mean - it's just not a nice feeling to feel sick from hunger, and then eat, and then feel sick from eating. My nausea only eased off at about 13w but it wasn't too bad for me. And yes @onedaymaybebaby, I feel more sick after a shower and I have always wondered why! Maybe it's the heightened sense of smell, etc. Even now, I tend to dry retch air when I shower after dinner - the reflux feeling isn't fun at all. 😷

What I have found to be helpful is to break my meals into 2. I eat half my usual portion and then get hungry in about 2 hours and I eat again before I start feeling sick. So far it's worked better that way. Although it is sometimes hard when I'm at work and I'm meetings so I try to have a snack bar with me that I can quickly munch on when desperate. Hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable for you both! 😊

Makes perfect sense about the harmony test and gender identification @OneOfTheseDays! It would be like striking gold if you do get a boy and a girl! That would so awesome! I guess there are still only 2 ways to go - either overwhelming XX or XY so for sure they can say 2 boys or 2 girls, or not enough to determine which means like a boy and a girl?! Haha! 😄

As for the Doppler, yes, temptation is there but my experience having tried it a few times that it's more misses than hits, so either I'm really bad at using it or it's just seriously a test of patience. I know some people love it and found it useful but I'm not a fan. Think I'll hold on to it until almost a month is up (I have paid for it already anyway) and then return it after my 19w scan. 😝 still can't feel bub move at 16w4d, I'm more keen for that to happen soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates - Beyond and Besides the BFP

How's everyone doing?

Welcome @clucky14! I hope you join us on this thread soon!

Anyway, just wondering, is anyone thinking of doing antenatal classes?

I'd like to, but the majority of antenatal classes focus a lot on birthing. I won't be doing a natural birth - will have to do a hopefully elective C section due to previous surgery for multiple fibroids. OB has confirmed that so I am not keen on birthing classes since I am not likely to have to go through that. Most of the classes don't have a big portion on dealing with newborn / parental skills. This is my first bub and although my mum is coming, I'd like to feel a bit of more prepared, like learning how to BF, burp after feeding, bathe, change diaper, swaddle, etc, that sort of thing. Am I too paranoid?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices in Sydney.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody I'm happy to be joining this thread BT result today and I'm pregnant yay lucky first go.have to say pretty lucky after 5 eggs taken out at pick up and only one of good quality none frozen so super lucky. I have to say I was lucky first time 3 years ago also with another clinic and have a toddler as a result. I seem to be fine once it's in! Just can't get pregnant naturally ah wells it only takes one I supppose. I'm just glad to be off Crinone those side effects were horrible !and gosh I was a hormonal cow !!! I am so hungry argh! Anyway wish everyone all the best in their pregnancies looking forward to reading this forum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good question @VickyP! I can see your predicament! I'm still waiting on my hospital referral to be processed and to hear back from them for my first appt! So while I'm pretty sure I'll be doing antenatal classes, I have no idea what is on offer for me yet! I don't think you're being paranoid at all! Can your OB recommend any classes that will target your situation better?

Yay @clucky14! Wow your off the crinone already! That was quick, esp being in Sydney! Have they got you on any prog supplements for support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep off it @onedaymaybebaby nope no prog either think they were happy with my levels from BT result. This be honest I'm glad I'm off it think I got every side effect !
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    Good question @VickyP! I can see your predicament! I'm still waiting on my hospital referral to be processed and to hear back from them for my first appt! So while I'm pretty sure I'll be doing antenatal classes, I have no idea what is on offer for me yet! I don't think you're being paranoid at all! Can your OB recommend any classes that will target your situation better?

Yay @clucky14! Wow your off the crinone already! That was quick, esp being in Sydney! Have they got you on any prog supplements for support?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic! Yep I was glad to get off it too!,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really looking forward to our antenatal classes! They start in August and the midwives have booked us all in for them. My hubby is shocking at hospitals, gets really anxious and sweaty so the more we go there for appts & classes the more he's getting used to it and not getting as stressed. He's still going to faint I reckon on the day of the birth! Hehe! We had our baby shower on Saturday & was blessed with amazing weather. We had a joint one where my friends & family brought their hubby's & partners so it was more of an afternoon celebration than an actual baby shower, no games either which I was grateful for ~ some of them are so cringe worthy!! And I tried to make a little speech before cutting the cake but got all choked up! Gah! Emotional pregnant person over here!! Lol! All I could say was 'thank you, thank you, blab blab, thank you'.

Off to a bull sale today even further out in the sticks! I do the admin side of livestock sales for a job, hopefully the seller has some awesome food ready for us! These things are usually catered with amazing home cooked slices, cakes & soups! Just what the baby ordered! Hope you're all having a great week so far!

Good call with the doppler too @VickyP! I'd be the same if I couldn't find the heart beat quickly. So I'm settling for fortnightly check ups with either the dr or midwife to hear the heartbeat. Plus she's starting to kick more and more of a night time which I'm loving! Not keeping me up at all, almost relaxing knowing she's in there doing her thing. Far out, I've done it again! Rambled on!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and welcome @clucky14!! I knew it wouldn't be long until you joined us!! Congratulations!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP just some info on classes. It was some time ago (DS is 8), but I had him at St George Private and I had many choices for classes before I had him. We quit our antenatal classes after 2 sessions, as I knew how to wrap, change and wash a baby. Parents-to-be were asking really basic questions and I felt we were wasting our time. My plan was natural & Id read enough to be confident and wanted to wing it. I think you will find with the high number of c sections in this day its not all about natural birth in those classes. I chose to do a b'feeding course before and after having him that was offered at the hosp, along with many other training sessions. So ask your chosen hosp. Once you have bub there should be daily training sessions as well so you can take bub if you wanted. For me, b'feeding was the hardest thing in the world, the birth was easy. Knowledge is power, so read light hearted but informative books. In my time we had Up The Duff which was a classic hoot and told you what really happens (pretty sure she had a c-section in that). Being pregnant was one of the best times of my life. I was very blessed. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @MissTilly glad to be here QUOTE=MissTilly;8521826]Oh and welcome @clucky14!! I knew it wouldn't be long until you joined us!! Congratulations!! Xx[/QUOTE]