+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby I'm feeling the exactly the same. Some days worse than others and the nauseous comes and goes, usually worse at night. I'm always so tired... And haven't had a full goodnight sleep in weeks - toilet trips or restlessness.. Just so glad I'm not really sick with morning sickness and can't wait for 12 week scan. I'm ten weeks today. Good luck for harmony test tomorrow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @onedaymaybebaby is right @OneOfTheseDays.

Primary is kinda done with us once the viability scan shows that everything is good. Hope the nurse calls you back soon. What you need to do:

1) Shop for antenatal care - public or private
    2) Decide on OB / GP
    3) Let Primary know where to send all the referral letters and reports to.

I'm in Sydney and (3) was a little different for me. I made an appt to see the FS after the viability scan (about 1 week later at 7.5 weeks) and she gave me the referral documents on the spot and that was it. I made an appointment to see the OB at 9 weeks, and just passed over the letter, all the reports and results.

Hope that helps!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there @ABG79! Hopefully it will get better in 3 weeks like it did for me! I still have good days and not so good days. On the good days, I actually feel "too good". I was comforted by the fact that I was feeling sick! Feeling sick = everything still progressing well.

When I went to see my OB last week, I told him that and I think he wanted to roll his eyes at me. LOL. He kept saying that it's normal to be feeling good now in the second trimester and everything is tracking as per usual. Oh well....

My days are mostly good. I do get tired and a bit crampy if I walk more than usual but I guess it's because I have been so inactive in the first trimester! I am trying to hit more "move goals" on my fitbit now (last 3 months have been utter crap records). On not so good days, I feel very bloated and will dry-retch air out after eating but thankfully, I usually don't throw up anything. When costipation gets bad and I need to get things going, I take some Actilax before I go to bed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals, just a quick update before I go to work! Everything looks perfect! I asked them if it was at all possible to get a pic and they were soooooo lovely! She gave me 6 of them!! Including a 4D shot! Omg I'm blown away!!! Went through Monash Ultrasound for Women and the service was amazing! So I'm thinking I'll just pay the $365 for the 12 wk scan there rather than go back to the Primary radiology company! So much better service! So apparantly IVF dates don't change! Because we know exact epu and et dates IVF due dates stay the same! So my 6 week scan date wasn't correct! I'm back to my original IVF EDD of 23 Jan 2016! So we are 11 weeks and 1 day today Yeehaa!!! They said that fluid measurement at the back of the neck looks completely normal at this stage, they could see the bladder, formed knees, elbows, fingers etc... And heartbeat was 165 so spot on!!! Baby was wriggling around in there, waving at us! So cute!! ❤️❤️.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467679188.971455.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467679198.936969.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467679211.820631.jpg

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (05-07-2016),Billie2  (05-07-2016),MissTilly  (05-07-2016),VickyP  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 3D shot is amazing! What a deal you scored. Now that makes mine look so blah. Awesome news hun! Yay to tracking along so very well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby - that 4D shot is the best thing I've ever seen!! How awesome is that??? You must be over the moon to see that little person
    Interesting about the dates....I always thought that was a bit weird that dates can differ when we know exactly when our embryos were fertilized, conceived and implanted. Was the other date you were given from an ultrasound size estimate? Was there much difference in the dates?

Not much news from me, except my perpetual frustrations and never getting to speak to anyone with a clue at Primary! After calling them yesterday, the receptionist confirmed they had my ultrasound report but she would get a nurse to call me back as she wasn't authorised to discuss. So, a nurse calls me back (a new one I think- hadn't spoken to her before). Anyway, lovely - but not at all helpful! She's like..."so you know there is 2 and the heartbeats are good, what else do you need to know". I'm thinking - Ummm....like, what am I supposed to do now? Of course I was patient and kind and asked if she knows things such as how long I continue on my medications, should I be booking in to see my GP? Are there any other tests?. She was like "Yes, very good questions, can you list your medications for me? It's like they don't even have your file open when they call. Anyway, I took her through everything and she says "yes, I better get Dr Nic to look at this and I guess someone will get back to you tomorrow".....Of course, no one did, so again I had to call back and wait for a nurse to call back - which I missed! So frustrating!!! I honestly do appreciate that they are a bulk billing service, but really, if I wasn't so clued up on medications and things it really could be quite dangerous! I just can't believe they don't seem to have clear processess in place for things like - when someone has their scan, call them, give results and next steps. I know they are busy, but seriously?? Oh well, at least it's not as stressful now that I'm happily pregnant and not waiting for results or anything

Anyway, there is my whinge - how is everyone else travelling?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, my heart is feeling very warm and full tonight! Although I've always known I'm pregnant, today was just all the more real!!!

I feel very blessed and I'm truly hoping that our lovely friends on the original Primary thread will be joining us in very here soon!!!

Well I think they dated my EDD at the 6 week scan by LMP and baby's measurements, they didn't care at all about my IVF dates! That confused me a little but I went along with it being that it's my 1st pregnancy and all-who am I to question the professionals lol! No biggie, it's only 3 days earlier than expected but interesting that 23 Jan is exactly the date I calculated using IVF online calculators lol!!!

Oh I'm sorry you're feeling the sting of overworked Primary workers @OneOfTheseDays! Tbh I had it from "go to woe" but tried not to let it frustrate me, I'm very much like you sooooo thankful for the cost factor but it got to me a little with regard to their processes, response timeframes etc... I think Melbourne is particularly bad given they are so new, I actually feel sorry for them with how busy they are! Hopefully they can better ******line things as they go along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - definitely a case of overworked and very 'reactive' probably due to their sudden popularity. Perhaps it's because I've come from a clinic that was such a 'well oiled machine', my expectations are too high! I'm also an operations manager by day, so I think my brain goes straight into wanting to find better processes and efficiencies if I see something isn't working to it's peak (did someone say control freak?!) Lol!

As an aside, is anyone else here into any pregnancy phone apps or have any recommendations for websites, books etc? I've looked at a few apps, and so far I've liked the 'Nurture' one from Glow. It gives daily updates which I really enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @onedaymaybebaby - really enjoy that feeling (when you are not feeling too sick. LOL). It's amazing.

Sorry to hear about what happened @OneOfTheseDays. Think in Sydney it's slightly better. The nurses are all very wonderful. But they are right - there isn't much to tell after the scan since you know the results too already. So all you need to do is:
    1) Look for GP / OB
    2) Call Primary up afterwards and get them to prepare referral documents for you. Then go pick it up from the reception and you are done.

Their job is "done" when the viability scan shows a good pregnancy progressing. You are kinda "on your own" now (with us here of course). Primary doesn't provide antenatal care. If they hadn't prescribed you more meds by now, then that's it, just finish up the course and if you need more, the GP / OB will prescribe if they feel you need more of it. In fact, you can hop straight to the GP as if it was a natural conception too and just go from there!

Think more mummy, less work / operations manager - Just enjoy the process. Primary is a godsend for us to get us the BFP, but now, it's like any other pregnancy!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, guess what? I caved yesterday and ordered a Doppler on hire. yesterday was 16 weeks exactly and I still can't feel bub so I decided that it's too long a wait until my morphology scan so on a whim I ordered the doppler. Hoping that it will arrive today. Oops! So much for holding out.

On a separate note, I woke up feeling so crap today! Woke up with a massive headache, had 2 nightmares last night, and just felt basically crap. Popped a Tylenol pill but headache is still lingering around. Might pop another panadol in the evening. Not much appetite and am trying to eat when hungry (but so turned off at the sight of food) Sighhhhhh

Hope everyone is feeling better than I am today!