+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @monnie24 - I am so sorry your tenants were so terrible! You've really had a hard time fixing up their mess. It's just awful.
    Agree with all the previous suggestions regarding carpets, curtains and walls. Mum bought a house that the previous owner had smoked in for about 40 years (without any windows open - they were all nailed shut). She ended up ripping the carpets out, because there were great floor boards underneath, but she was told a professional clean with a deoderiser should do it. Electrodry will also clean grout in tiled areas if you think that could have absorbed the smells. She washed all the walls with sugar soap, and even did the ceilings in the worst rooms.

Bicarb is great for absorbing smells. Once my cat peed on the carpet (I was not happy!), I cleaned it up and covered it with the bicarb and after a day or 2 the smell was gone. It really does work well. I've also put it in a container in my fridge if we have something like chopped onions/curries/garlicky foods in there.

I'm super sensitive to smells, so I really feel for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had carpets professionally done and I have wait to see what insurance says.

There is cigarette holes etc in carpet they painted carpet :/

I'll wash curtains thanks what about blinds?

I have floating floor I'm going pull it up but I financially don't have $$ as I am going through seperation right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wtf. Painted the carpet? Morons.

Blinds - try steam clean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I had carpets professionally done and I have wait to see what insurance says.

There is cigarette holes etc in carpet they painted carpet :/

I'll wash curtains thanks what about blinds?

I have floating floor I'm going pull it up but I financially don't have $$ as I am going through seperation right now
    What kind of blinds are they monnie? Vertical fabric blinds?

I'm sorry to hear your tenants have been so awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful. Sounds like they did a real number on your place. I don't know how some ppl sleep at night. Hopefully insurance can help with some of it. And I agree with all the other suggestions in regards to cleaning. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people are just disgusting! Sorry you have to go through this right when you get your house back. Try bi carb, I use bicarb on everything, floors, carpet, bathrooms, mattresses etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steam clean should work for the blinds.

Who paints carpet? Gosh they've really broken your trust. I'm not sure what you can do about the carpet except replace it. Hopefully your insurance will cover that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's in the carpet it may be the underlay which can be difficult to treat. Also, I highly recommend Norwex Odour Eliminator. Brilliant stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are just normal roller blinds I actually don't mind to chuck them they were more a decor thing haha.

I got a quote to sand my floor boards $1600 so i will see how much tax I get back!!

I wish I could name and shame them on FB 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its a wet dog/musty type smell then it's often the carpet underlay that has wrotten. If you're able to lift a section you might be able to see if (or certainty smell it). So sorry you're going thru this. Hopefully your landlord insurance covers it.