+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Chester hill opinion

Hi everyone.
    I was wondering if anyone is (or has previously) lived in chester hill (nsw)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't lived there but I know the area well. What would you like to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I haven't lived there but I know the area well. What would you like to know?
    Thanks for replying !!
    We'll be renting there soon (boundary rd) and was wondering if its generally an okay area to live in? How careful should one be when out ; any crime issues...just general info?
    Reason we are moving there is because we found a nice rental we can afford and it's close to work.
    PM if you dont feel comfortable posting directly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on where you are moving from. The crime is the same as a lot of SW Syd. It's not bad as in your not likely to get mugged walking down the street just be sensible. Personally there are other areas I would consider before Chester Hill like Chipping Norton, Moorebank, Holsworthy etc. Chester Hill is very similar to Fairfield if you know that area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    It really depends on where you are moving from. The crime is the same as a lot of SW Syd. It's not bad as in your not likely to get mugged walking down the street just be sensible. Personally there are other areas I would consider before Chester Hill like Chipping Norton, Moorebank, Holsworthy etc. Chester Hill is very similar to Fairfield if you know that area.
    Thanks alot for such useful info! DH signed the lease for a place there for 6m so abit stuck!
    Would you happen to know any good daycares in the area?
    Trying to find info on the local public schools as well since DD will start kindy next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I lived there for 3 years about 9 years ago never had a problem really The area is predominately middle eastern families, some housing commission, local schools, close to Granville train station for direct city route and parramatta cbd for work etc
    I wouldn't wander around at night and there is some localized crime but no more I think than other western syd suburbs I think...
    In saying that my experience is almost a decade ago so probably not too reliable now x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristyj For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    Thanks alot for such useful info! DH signed the lease for a place there for 6m so abit stuck!
    Would you happen to know any good daycares in the area?
    Trying to find info on the local public schools as well since DD will start kindy next year.
    No sorry don't know much about schools or daycare in the area. You only have a 6 month lease so see how you like it and you can always move if it's not for you.
    Areas are such a subjective thing what works for one thing family won't for another.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristyj View Post
    Hi I lived there for 3 years about 9 years ago never had a problem really The area is predominately middle eastern families, some housing commission, local schools, close to Granville train station for direct city route and parramatta cbd for work etc
    I wouldn't wander around at night and there is some localized crime but no more I think than other western syd suburbs I think...
    In saying that my experience is almost a decade ago so probably not too reliable now x
    Thanks a lot ! I know parra prettly well..just not so much chester hill and surrounding area so any advise/opinion helps