+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,263
    Thanks
    466
    Thanked
    575
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Personally if I was her mum I'd be straight to the doctors for a swab as other posters have suggested. Until I had the answer no she wouldn't be going anywhere, unless of course I discussed it with her dad and he didn't have a pregnant fiancé and another child at his house. If he agreed to have her at his own risk and not take her out around other people to potentially spread a horrible sickness then I'd let her go.
    No, but in the event that she was exposed now with you being pregnant. Would you send her off to her dads to limit your own exposure?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (16-06-2016),waterlily  (15-06-2016)

  3. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's also especially frustrating that if we didn't hear about the outbreak on the news her mum wouldn't even have mentioned it to us, putting us all at risk without having the decency to warn us

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    No, but in the event that she was exposed now with you being pregnant. Would you send her off to her dads to limit your own exposure?
    No, from what I understand her mum would already be at risk of being exposed from being around her already. So to limit the risk to others, as the mother I would have already been exposed so why spread it further unnecessarily.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Can you yourself take the antibiotics? I have experience with WC, but don't know about medicating in pregnancy. What I do know for sure is the earlier you kill the awful little bacteria the better your chances of not seeing the illness through. Please don't stress about it tho, with proper medical attention you will be ok ☺️

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyMama View Post
    Can you yourself take the antibiotics? I have experience with WC, but don't know about medicating in pregnancy. What I do know for sure is the earlier you kill the awful little bacteria the better your chances of not seeing the illness through. Please don't stress about it tho, with proper medical attention you will be ok
    I don't know about the antibiotics during pregnancy. I'll call my GP on my lunch break and see what she recommends.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,263
    Thanks
    466
    Thanked
    575
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes but with her mum not taking her to the Dr to get the swab and not quarantining her, she is spreading it to the vulnerable. Her dad may have to be the responsible parent and take her to get swabbed in his time. Its all well and good to say what the mother should be doing, but of she's not then someone has to look out for her welfare.

    Ultimately, I think in an ideal world you would be able to have a calm discussion with her mother and both decide its in everyone's best interest for her to stay with mum until medical attention is sought. But if that can't happen then your dh may have to take her for the weekend and see that she is seen to by a dr.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    45
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Yeah it would be so awful! I have zero sick or annual leave from work as I've been really sick this pregnancy so financially itd be really hard on us if we got sick and had to miss work.
    Her mum doesn't seem to understand, just said 'she's immunised' like that means she can't get it? My DF had the convo with her but apparently didn't answer any questions we had about it, just seemed annoyed that he called to ask about her after we heard about the outbreak. I dunno
    Can't your DF contact kindy if she's not being forthcoming? Or take her to the doctor himself to have her tested? If he is concerned he should take her. If he doesn't want to do that then I'd give it a miss.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    45
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Yes but with her mum not taking her to the Dr to get the swab and not quarantining her, she is spreading it to the vulnerable. Her dad may have to be the responsible parent and take her to get swabbed in his time. Its all well and good to say what the mother should be doing, but of she's not then someone has to look out for her welfare.

    Ultimately, I think in an ideal world you would be able to have a calm discussion with her mother and both decide its in everyone's best interest for her to stay with mum until medical attention is sought. But if that can't happen then your dh may have to take her for the weekend and see that she is seen to by a dr.
    This is kind of what I was getting at.. Yes the Mum *should* be doing all possible to prevent it, but so should Dad. They are BOTH responsible for this child, so if one isn't doing the best thing for her, it's up to the other to do so.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (16-06-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Whooping cough in Armadale - Should I be worried?
    By GothicBeeza in forum Eastern Suburbs & Hills
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-07-2015, 11:21
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 08:24
  3. am i being unreasonable - whooping cough vax
    By meandmyboys82 in forum Newborns (0 - 2 months)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 10:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Baby Sensory
Baby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer an exciting world full of fun sensory experiences for parents and babies to enjoy.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!