+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I completely agree that it's just as much the fathers responsibility to look after his daughter as her mothers. However, WC is highly contagious and from a general public health perspective all necessarily measures should be taken to limit the spread as much as possible.
    I feel like this. If it was a common sickness I'd have absolutely no problem having her but whooping cough is so serious! I'm so torn, I'd hate for him to miss his weekend with her if she doesn't have it, but if she does it's a huge huge risk for the rest of our family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    If I where a biological mum to a child who is sick and has been in contact with whooping cough, I would never risk allowing her to stay anywhere, especially with a pregnant woman. I think it's actually really disgusting her mother isn't insisting she doesn't come this weekend and accommodating for an alternative weekend. I understand she may have plans etc, but children come before plans in my opinion.
    If it was me in her position I 100% would be the same, I wouldn't be taking my DD anywhere if there was the chance she had it, her spreading those germs could potentially be fatal in public

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    If it was me in her position I 100% would be the same, I wouldn't be taking my DD anywhere if there was the chance she had it, her spreading those germs could potentially be fatal in public
    Agree.

Personally I'd be politely suggesting quarantine until she's given the all clear, and would refuse to have her until then. I would never ever put other people's health at risk like that, even if it was the seperated bio father. Why risk exposing more people to such a dangerous virus?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Sorry op I misread your post about her being sick (I thought it was just because she had been in contact with people with WC).
    It is significant that she is immunised because although it is possible that she has it, it is unlikely. It is more likely to just be a cold.
    The weekend is still days away so I would urge her mum to go and get her swabbed for WC tomorrow and I would be keen to get an update of her symptoms as the week goes on.
    Also again- if I was you I would get my vax now!
    Xxx
    That's ok

From what I've just read online the immunisation takes 2 weeks to be effective so even if I went and got it tomorrow I wouldn't be safe for this weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok

From what I've just read online the immunisation takes 2 weeks to be effective so even if I went and got it tomorrow I wouldn't be safe for this weekend
    Your right you won't be covered by the booster in 2 days (guessing dsd comes on a Friday night)
    I don't know this is a hard one, I was exposed to a major WC outbreak at my work however due to the place I worked at it wasn't picked up for awhile. If I had it I would have exposed my children and partner to it. However the thought was enough to let people like the school and bio mum of step daughter about it. We gave bio mum option to see daughter or not (we have her full time) until we knew if we had it or not.
    Being pregnant is a higher risk to the disease and a bigger concern if you get it. I think you need to put your concerns to husband about it and he needs to talk to the mother about it, or can hubby take daughter to doctor as soon as picked up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks, do you know how long swab results would take?
    My Dd had swabs done for WC on a Tuesday evening and the results were back by Thursday midday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    My Dd had swabs done for WC on a Tuesday evening and the results were back by Thursday midday.
    Yep that's right. I thought it was longer for my DD but it was about 3 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 girls 1 boy View Post
    Your right you won't be covered by the booster in 2 days (guessing dsd comes on a Friday night)
    I don't know this is a hard one, I was exposed to a major WC outbreak at my work however due to the place I worked at it wasn't picked up for awhile. If I had it I would have exposed my children and partner to it. However the thought was enough to let people like the school and bio mum of step daughter about it. We gave bio mum option to see daughter or not (we have her full time) until we knew if we had it or not.
    Being pregnant is a higher risk to the disease and a bigger concern if you get it. I think you need to put your concerns to husband about it and he needs to talk to the mother about it, or can hubby take daughter to doctor as soon as picked up?
    Yeah we'd pick her up Friday. DF could take her straight to the doctors for swabs but we wouldn't know immediately the results so we'd still be risking it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too many ifs / maybes for me. I'd regretfully cancel. Perhaps call a medical health professional to ask their opinion, I am pretty sure they will caution against the visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we'd pick her up Friday. DF could take her straight to the doctors for swabs but we wouldn't know immediately the results so we'd still be risking it
    But he might get a answer from doctor saying maybe than you can take straight back to bio mum if she isn't going to do anything about it. Poor little thing if mum isn't going to do anything