+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sore vagina...kinda...HELP

Hi all,

so this is going to be very TMI.

My vagina has been sore for the last few days and I'm not sure if it's anything to be worried about..I did just get back from the doc and he thinks thrush but I don't think it is...it was only after that I thought about how I could explain it properly...

its like I have pulled a muscle on the outer walls of my vagina...aka the flaps if I'm gonna be blunt!!!

Im only just over 20 weeks so wouldn't have thought I should be sore down there yet, but being my first I don't know!

It hurts to sit down, stand and sometimes walk...I have no discharge or pain when urinating or wiping..hence why I don't think it's thrush... And my pain is only in the outer bits, nothing inside and not sore to touch!

Can anyone shed some light on the topic please!

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Could be varicose veins in the labia. Very common, especially from now on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your response.... Is that something the doc could see? As he did examine it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does it feel bruised like you've been kicked between the legs?? Might be worth a visit to a physio. I had it from very early on in my pregnancies and sitting on the toilet was very painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh geez, I remember having a sore v.a.g when pregnant and could hardly walk at one point. Was nothing sinister, just everything stretching/separating down there. Perhaps you could see a physio?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds exactly like the pain I had. It was varicose veins. Or swollen veins of some kind. Often you see them like you would in your legs but not always. Remember the whole area can be swollen so the swollen veins can be hidden. I wore compression pregnancy shorts and also compression tights (like from the pharmacy for long haul flights). It made a big difference. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also sounds like varicose veins to me too. I developed them when pregnant with my first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone ! It feels like I've pulled a muscle more than being kicked.... God I hope it doesn't continue but I'm not holding my breath. Will talk with my midwife and see what she recommends.... A physio could be a good idea, although I don't want them looking at my vagina! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had them with my second. So so painful. Wet a maternity pad, freeze it, sandwich it between 2 layers of undies. Not much you can do if it is but ice will relieve the pain and constrict the blood vessels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I am pregnant with twins and never had it before but now it feels like i am so swollen and sore. I definitely feel like i have been kicked between the legs. May try the shorts out as it is pretty painful.