+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that makes sense. like last night he woke pretty much every hour from midnight. I assumed he was hungry and boobed him each time but he'd be back asleep within minutes. only feed he took longer with was around 4am which is the usual actual feed time.

I'd like to try shushing/parting back to sleep to resettle but dh is in here too and I don't want to disturb him with a grizzly baby. might suggest he moves himself to spare room if it bothers him (although guest room will be like a freezer lol)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Turqs, I haven't read the whole thread but B has been doing amazing with sleep here's some things I've been doing
    - put her to bed before she's even tired
    -dummy in and wrapped
    - re-settle with dummy when she cries and walk back out
    - feeding to sleep, I think creates a pattern of baby relying on that routine to help him/her sleep

Biggest thing I've learnt is don't overstimulate bubs
    I found that was what most of her crying/tantrums were over and then I found it really hard to get her to sleep after that

Just my experience you're doing a great job

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering how everything went, if your still having sleep issues etc, my ds is approaching 4 months and I think I'm starting to see this sleep disruption, but it's his night sleeps that have gone to crap, days are ok, not great but not the worst. Just interested to know your outcome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdez For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is 2.5 and we are still having issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering how everything went, if your still having sleep issues etc, my ds is approaching 4 months and I think I'm starting to see this sleep disruption, but it's his night sleeps that have gone to crap, days are ok, not great but not the worst. Just interested to know your outcome.
    hey! thanks for following up.

well as the long suffering ladies in my DIG will know, we mostly got through it.

first day sleeps went to poo but night sleeps remained ok. then day sleeps improved (I'm now getting 2-3 decent naps out of ds in the day) but nights went crap.

it was after a week or so of unmanageable nights that we decided to move ds into his own room, which seems to be working for everyone. he's down to one wake up in the night, at which time I feed him.

we still have the odd off day (yesterday being a good example lol), but I feel like the regression is now behind us.

it was at its worst for a few days. mostly it lasted 1-2 weeks then tapered off.

it's a pretty nightmarish time, one that was compounded by my dh having a lot of stress and uncertainty in his job at the time.

I think with good partner support, getting regular breaks from bub and probably a bit of wine thrown in, it's survivable. just!

good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A&S  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like ours is just approaching. I have great partner support but I'm about to lose that! My DH is about to start working in another state, it's not a FIFO Job either so he won't be home lengths of time, instead we will be relocating, but I'm going in a few months so this sleep regression is gonna suuuuuuuck!! Lol. But alas, I'm sure we will get through it.

1-2 weeks of bad sleeping, I can do this....... Can't I? He he

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    just take each day as it comes. expect to have each day a write off. I think my problem was expecting to get things done then getting upset/anxious when I couldn't or my plans got railroaded by a cranky baby.

just set very low expectations and I figure you can't be disappointed

that sucks re your dh. do you have family close by?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha ha. Look if I can get through a day and only manage 1 thing I'm cool with that even if I don't do anything, it's the physical tiredness, that's what gets me, I'm getting a much needed massage tonight!
    I have family, I actually have a great support network where I am, I just have this stupid problem where I can't ask for help, it's been an issue of mine for a really long time, so hopefully I learn to ask while the mans off making all the money.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdez For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No help here atm... nights were great with only waking up 3 hourly for feeds.

Now its 12-25m all night long and day sleeps are crap too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    No help here atm... nights were great with only waking up 3 hourly for feeds.

Now its 12-25m all night long and day sleeps are crap too.
    12-25m?? As in, minutes??