+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you share the cost? I.e. offer to cover $50 but anything over they need to cover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far... although seeing as most of you paid for your flowergirl dresses, it's not really helping with my miffed-ness lol.

Yep.
    I'm always reluctant to post details as I'm irrationally paranoid the person will stumble across it lol, and the bride (and groom) to be is truly lovely, but.....
    The couple are DINKs, great incomes, wedding looks like it has a very very healthy budget. I am financially struggling. This is no secret. The dress suggestions I've been getting are way out of my price range. Although, anything is out of my price range atm.
    But it has just been confirmed (last week, but I'm still stewing on it) that I will be paying for the dress. And that I'll need to order ASAP in case it takes a while to make.
    To make it worse, XH is in the bridal party. Yet I'm the one who's been asked to pay. There is also a page boy outfit which I haven't (yet?) been asked to pay. Maybe they have asked XH to pay that. But that will be a hire fee, not a purchase.
    I will also need to purchase my other child something fancy to wear as he is playing a minor part in the wedding also.
    So it's an expensive time. At a time when I am the brokest I've been for a while.
    I'm just a bit annoyed as I don't imagine that a flowergirl dress would blow their budget in the slightest, but mine could not handle it, yk? I don't know, maybe I just haven't been upfront enough (I've made some comments, but not flat out asked if they could pay). But then I worry that if I say I can't afford it, they might choose another flowergirl? DD would not cope with that at all.
    To be honest I would just message them and say "I'm sorry my daughter won't be able to be your flower girl as I"m afraid I just can't afford the dress. I realise that your daughter really wants to do it... however if it's really going to break the bank account and you can't afford it then really it's not worth it.

You can get cheap flower girl dresses from Myer for like $50. Just tell them you're not forking out more than $50. If they want a better dress they can pay for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's situational, sort of, when I was getting married I was young and pregnant myself and the wedding was pulled forward heaps and planned in a very short time, my sister paid for my nieces flower girl dress, all my bridesmaids bought their own dresses as well as it was a "backyard" wedding and wouldn't have been manageable for us to pay for them. I was going to buy my nieces dress but my sister chose one that was way out of my budget and before I could say anything she said she would pay for it if that's the one she could have, which was of course fine by me. In a wedding my daughter has been part of her dress was bought by the bride, but I did offer to pay for it myself. I was a bridesmaid in that wedding as well and I can't remember now if we bought our dresses or not but I have been a bridesmaid in a few where I have bought my own dress, paid for my own hair etc, it's very expensive .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    To be honest I would just message them and say "I'm sorry my daughter won't be able to be your flower girl as I"m afraid I just can't afford the dress. I realise that your daughter really wants to do it... however if it's really going to break the bank account and you can't afford it then really it's not worth it.

You can get cheap flower girl dresses from Myer for like $50. Just tell them you're not forking out more than $50. If they want a better dress they can pay for it!
    No way I could decline, DD would never get over it.
    I had thought of Myer, they were my first thought actually, but didn't see any in there recently. Maybe they're only a seasonal thing? I would prefer to buy in store so she can try it on. I wonder when they would start stocking them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a flower girl and paid for everything for her. But we also paid for everything associated with the bridal party. My personal opinion is that if you want someone to be part of your day it should not come as a financial detriment to them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    No way I could decline, DD would never get over it.
    I had thought of Myer, they were my first thought actually, but didn't see any in there recently. Maybe they're only a seasonal thing? I would prefer to buy in store so she can try it on. I wonder when they would start stocking them...
    I guess you just need to suck it up and pay for it then. You're only two options are to either say something to them or pay for it. REally you can get some pretty cheap flower girl dresses these days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look on the next direct website they have some cute dresses that are very reasonably priced and you can return if it doesn't fit.