+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We paid for ours - one girl / one boy, beach wedding so no shoes needed.
    We paid for the outfits and their parents took them for alterations and paid for that.
    FWIW the outfits weren't expensive. A little suit set ordered through eBay and a dress from Myer. No more than $50 each outfit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We paid for everything for everyone in our wedding party down to their shoes and underwear.

The wedding my kids have been in the wedding party the bride and groom paid too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We paid for flower girl/page boy outfits.

Bridesmaids paid for their dresses, we paid for their shoes, hair, makeup and jewellery.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't have a flower girl or page boy. Just a bridesmaid (my sister) and a groomsman (DH best friend) and regardless of their incomes, we paid for everything for them including hair and makeup for my sister.
    I don't believe that being part of my "special day" is that special if it cost them a small fortune.
    I think the couple should pay for your children's outfits, especially since they're asking for something specific.

But unfortunately, the only thing you can do if you really can't afford it is decline on the kid's behalf. Although that may cause dramas with your ex ?
    Can he speak to them about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bridal party outfits- who pays?

We didn't have a flowergirl or page boy but did pay for everything for the rest of the bridal party (except the boys wore their own shoes). I think if people can't afford to pay for their bridal party they need to scale back the wedding or not have a bridal party. It is so expensive to go to a wedding these days especially with no one getting married locally (no dig intended towards destination weddings as I had one!) so you're up for accommodation, travel, cash for a gift, then if you're in the bridal party, it is usually more expensive outfits than if you were a regular guest, not to mention a dress and shoes you may never wear again.

Is there any chance your ex-hubby could pay for your daughters outfit as he seems to be closer to the bride and groom if he's in their bridal party? Or even go you halves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post

But unfortunately, the only thing you can do if you really can't afford it is decline on the kid's behalf. Although that may cause dramas with your ex ?
    Can he speak to them about it?
    There's no way I could decline DD being flower girl. The groom is her #1 favouritest man on the planet. Combined with her anxiety, I think her world would end!

I don't think ex would be comfortable in talking to them about it. I could probably talk to the bridesmaid though, and get her thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post

I'm assuming your XH is your DD's Dad, would he be willing to buy it for her?
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post

Is there any chance your ex-hubby could pay for your daughters outfit as he seems to be closer to the bride and groom if he's in their bridal party? Or even go you halves?
    lol no. I've tried asking for help with various kid-related big expenses over the years, and get nothing but a lecture about being a spendthrift. I might try asking about going halves, but I doubt anything will come of it.

I should just be a big brave girl and speak to the bride and/or groom...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bridal party outfits- who pays?

Could you talk to them and say that their dress is out of your price range, but you are happy to pay for something cheaper and within your budget? There's heaps of cute dresses of eBay that are pretty cheap.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lace-Flow...MiSxTycmGp1Bsw

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sequin-Fl...6GeGnoogEKzcTw
    Last edited by Californication; 14-06-2016 at 22:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Look at etsy too. They have gorgeous flower girl dresses which are extremely well priced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to speak to the bride & groom.
    Tell them DD is so excited and looking forward to it etc but youre having trouble finding $ in your tight budget to pay for the dresses that have been suggested.

Perhaps theres something suitable thats a better price or they might be able to help.

Honesty is always best and being upfront is the easiest way to come to a resolution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a really awkward situation, I was kind of in a similar situation a few months ago. My mil married in January and dd was one of the flowergirls. Mil picked a nice dress from target which was $35 so we bought it in 2 sizes. As it wasn't too expensive I was fine with paying, and it could be worn again. Then mil changed her dress and it clashed with the girls dresses, so luckily mil offered to pay for the second lot of dresses, as it was just before Xmas. Maybe you could have a chat with the bride and groom and work out a reasonable budget. It looks like the only way forward is for you to work with them so your daughter doesn't miss out. It's not a great situation to be in