Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We ( the bride and groom) paid

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I paid for my DD's flower girl dress for my sisters wedding.

I and my other sister also paid for our own dresses for bridal party ....

BUT - none of us really are struggling, and the wedding was already a big expense.

If you cant afford it, speak up. Honestly - if they then want a specific dress/outfit or really, really want your children in the bridal party, its up to them to pay for it.

Its not worth the struggle on you, in order to fit in with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    PILs paid for DS's suit for SILs wedding he was 14 months old and the ringer barer. We were happy to pay as we had asked our bridal party to pay for their outfits (did have any kids in the wedding tho) so figured it was fair enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's something people should clarify before agreeing to be in a bridal party.

I was asked to be a bridesmaid and our budget didn't exactly allow for paying towards someone else's wedding, so I made sure l knew exactly what I was up for before I accepted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm paying for a suit for DS for a wedding later this year as he is page boy but the suit the bride has gotten is about 4 sizes too big (no joke.. She thinks it will be fine ) so I said don't worry about ill buy one. Not overly impressed but otherwise she wanted me to try and get it tailored to fit him, which would be insane.

I've paid for my dress as bridesmaid and I have to pay for shoes and jewellery (do not get me started on the jewellery ) I didn't actually get asked but as she's my bestie I think she knew I wouldn't say no, just thought she would be a bit more considerate with how much she wants me to spend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had my cousins as ring bearer and flower girl. My aunty paid for their outfits. I don't even recall it being discussed. In saying that though they live interstate and i had nothing to do with the actual outfit selection. All I said to my aunt was I would prefer ivory over white and that navy/midnight blue and silver were the other colours in our scheme. No idea how much the flower girl dress cost, but I know my cousin wore her wedding shoes until they were worn out haha. I paid for "hair and makeup" which I think was a total of about $50 for her. I was a junior bridesmaid in the same auntys wedding 15yrs earlier and my mum paid for my dress, shoes etc. I think it's just how we are though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bridal party outfits- who pays?

I think you are going to need to speak up. Perhaps along the lines of.. DD is so very excited to be part of your special day, however, I just don't have the resources to pay for the dress you want.

You could then either wait and see what the response is or say I can only afford X amount at the very most.

I'm assuming your XH is your DD's Dad, would he be willing to buy it for her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I think it's something people should clarify before agreeing to be in a bridal party.

I was asked to be a bridesmaid and our budget didn't exactly allow for paying towards someone else's wedding, so I made sure l knew exactly what I was up for before I accepted.
    Agree with this. If you're close enough to be included in the bridal party you *should* be able to have an open chat open it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would've paid to have them at a wedding, but I also didn't have them. The only time I wouldn't have paid is if I didn't really care to have them but the parent(s) desperately wanted them to be in the wedding, so the only reason they were in it was to appease the parents. But then I'd probably let them choose the outfit (and thereby the budget) themselves.