+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bridal party outfits- who pays?

As title suggests?

I'm referring specifically to flower girl/page boy.

I'm feeling a bit miffed. Wanting to know if there's 'etiquette' for this. Or if it's just dependent on circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a bit of rependant on circumstances. BUT expectations of who pays needs to be discussed upfront.

I never had any flower girl/page boy. If I did I personally would have paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We paid for DS's pageboy outfit at his Aunts wedding. Annoying, but I wasn't going to raise the issue with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just curious OP, why are you feeling a bit miffed? Have you been asked to pay?

I didn't have any page boys or girls, however I had two Bridesmaids and I opted to pay for their dresses, hair and make-up and just asked them to pay for their shoes. They were told this right from the get-go, so nasty surprises! Both were happy with that and to that end, it gave me a bit more say as to the style and colour I wanted them to wear. That said though, I was very easy and not a Bridezilla.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

emeraldsandsiamonds  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We paid for the outfits for our page boy/flower girl for our wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    We paid for the outfits for our page boy/flower girl for our wedding.
    Us too and so did my sister in-laws and friends. We believe that as we asked them to be in our bridal party that it was our responsibility to pay for it. If we couldn't afford it then we would have to consider whether or not we wanted a flower girl / page boy as we would feel awkward to ask their parents to pay. I know other people have no problem (and sometimes no choice) asking their bridal party to pay, and that is absolutely fine to do, it's just something we weren't comfortable in doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    Us too and so did my sister in-laws and friends. We believe that as we asked them to be in our bridal party that it was our responsibility to pay for it. If we couldn't afford it then we would have to consider whether or not we wanted a flower girl / page boy as we would feel awkward to ask their parents to pay. I know other people have no problem (and sometimes no choice) asking their bridal party to pay, and that is absolutely fine to do, it's just something we weren't comfortable in doing.
    This. I'd never ask the bridal party to pay for anything. You ask them to be part of your day, i feel it's your job to dress them. Unless they are wearing a dress or outfit they already own.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (14-06-2016),LoveLivesHere  (14-06-2016),TheGooch  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe it depends on a couple of things- theirs and my own financial situation and whether they are dictating what to wear/buy/pay for. They can't very well expect you to buy a specific dress or suit and ask you to foot the bill.

We are paying for dd1's flower girl dress- the couple aren't well off, it's a backyard style wedding, we can pick what we want (just will show then what we have in mind) and we can get further use for it as a hand me down or sell it on eBay etc. They did offer to pay but we refused.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD1 was asked to be a flower girl and I offered to pay for her dress. My fiends didn't have loads of cash, it wasn't expensive and I was honoured they'd asked her as she was so happy to be included. It was about $50 so definitely ok with me.

As for my bridesmaids dresses they paid for them themselves but I let them wear whatever they wanted. If I told them they had to wear a specific dress then I would have paid for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister paid for my DD's flower girl outfit (as well as the other flower girl) but I paid for my MoH dress.

I agree it really does depend, although quick google tells me the child's parent traditionally pays unless the couple wants something really specific/expensive and then good etiquette to buy it.