+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It becomes really draining when it happens every time. It can be a stage though and boy a may grow out of it.

Could you try talking to you son about telling boy a she doesn't like it when he does xyz? Often kids pay no attention to their parents but if their friend tells them they don't like it then it can have an impact. It may also have an impact on the parents if they hear your son telling him off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes as a parent of boy A I definitely would have intervened and made my child get off, apologise and wait his turn. Unacceptable behaviour.

As a parent of boy B I would have gone to help/comfort my child and waited to see if boy A's parent did anything. If not I would say, nicely but firmly, "Sweetie, boy B is playing on that at the moment, could you please wait a minute until he's finished?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me and my friends have no problem telling each other's kids off so if one didn't see or day anything the other would have told them off. Yet even of my kid was child B and I didn't know the other kid I would have told him off for pushing my kid over and stealing his ride. I wouldn't have touched him but I would have tried asking him to get off and wait his turn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    Me and my friends have no problem telling each other's kids off so if one didn't see or day anything the other would have told them off. Yet even of my kid was child B and I didn't know the other kid I would have told him off for pushing my kid over and stealing his ride. I wouldn't have touched him but I would have tried asking him to get off and wait his turn.
    Same, and I did tell him off but then he won't move anyway...
    And since his parents won't remove him either he gets away with it.
    It kind of reinforce the idea that he can do whatever he wants?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    It becomes really draining when it happens every time. It can be a stage though and boy a may grow out of it.
    Both my friends and I have been waiting for that stage to end for over 2 years 😳

It did get better though as it used to be a lot more of shoving/hitting/poking. He's much more measured now.

Im hoping that getting a little brother/sister in a couple of months might teach him to share and play nice 😁
    (My friend is pregnant 😊)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parent a should have told boy a that it wasn't very nice and to share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I would have intervened either way.

I would not let my DS dominate another child like that, nor would I sit back and say nothing if my child was being pushed around like that either.

They're both still young and parental intervention is needed at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My eldest son is a child A. He doesn't have a nasty bone is his body but even in primary can get over excited and stimulated and not think. Given that would have been my son lol I would have walked up, told him no your friend had the duck first, you can have a go next. I would have taken him off the duck and made him wait. If he persisted he would be placed in time out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I learned pretty quick to say something, to the kid and if the kid doesn't listen then, to the parent. My eldest who is now 6, is very shy and a massive push over. I try to let him fight his own battles but when it gets beyond his control I will step in. My second son who is 4, has autism and so he simply cannot tell another kid to stop so I would say this is where my mother bear instincts got refined. We have a neighbour who's kid is Boy A (well actually, he's just really mean, all the time on purpose) and his mother won't say Jack to him or laugh because "boys will be boys" so me and all the other mums have well and truly taken it upon ourselves to rouse on him.
    Don't be afraid to be vocal about it. Friends or otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my son was the one hurting another child or simply not being very nice i would talk to him about taking turns, sharing, waiting.. I'd make sure the other little boy was ok. I'd remove my son (or daughter) if he was being too rough.

If my son was the one being hurt i would make sure he was ok. Gentle let the other child know (unless his mum or dad was already saying something) it's not acceptable.