+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was actually thinking about this exact topic today. My 4y Ds had two filings 6 month ago and i felt really bad. He brushes his teeth twice a day and we don't eat much sweet. But his teeth tend to get yellow stains quite easily. The dentist told me to come back in 6 month time and i don't want to go back to her. I am also quite anxious of taking him to other places as well as i fear his teeth might got worse Sorry to rant here, hugs...
    Last edited by HLE; 01-08-2016 at 19:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HLE For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS1 had 3 crowns done at 3yo under GA. He had poor enamel due to failure to thrive...we brush, brush, brushed and also had a low sugar diet, but still his baby teeth were very prone to cavities. He also had all his teeth coated and fissure sealed while under anesthetic and didn't have any further problems. He's neatly 11 now, his crowned teeth have just fallen out and his adult teeth are fine, but I'm sure to have his molar fissure sealed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't taken my kids yet. 4.5 and 2.5. I should get on that....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I haven't taken my kids yet. 4.5 and 2.5. I should get on that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Does he have molar hypomin by chance (hypomineralisation)? DS1 was diagnosed with this recently aged 4 and I had him to the dentist at 2, they did warn he had it then but basically said there wasn't anything that could be done about it, they don't know the cause it's possibly genetic or may be linked to high fevers in infancy - they are still researching what the cause is.

We were shocked and devastated as we have always been anal with teeth cleaning, he has an extremely healthy diet, doesn't have juice or soft drink etc. But they assured us it wasn't our doing. Whilst I was annoyed they took the 'wait and see' approach rather than offering any treatment etc, by the time they decided to treat DS1 was old enough to have his filled in the chair - however this was after a 2nd opinion, the first dentist wanted him to go under GA but I wasn't comfortable with that.

I can understand why they would go under at such a young age, it would be near impossible to do it in the chair. And whilst my sons was not as bad at that age, it did degrade rapidly - so if your DS already has severe damage they would need to get onto it now to risk further damage.

I am sorry you have to go through this - please don't blame yourself you are not a bad mother, it's bad luck that is all. And you're in fact a great mother for getting it looked at now!
    Wow thanks - I will look into that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    My DS1 had 3 crowns done at 3yo under GA. He had poor enamel due to failure to thrive...we brush, brush, brushed and also had a low sugar diet, but still his baby teeth were very prone to cavities. He also had all his teeth coated and fissure sealed while under anesthetic and didn't have any further problems. He's neatly 11 now, his crowned teeth have just fallen out and his adult teeth are fine, but I'm sure to have his molar fissure sealed.
    can u ask if it was just his double teeth or his front teeth that were sealed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfirst View Post
    can u ask if it was just his double teeth or his front teeth that were sealed?
    I believe just the double teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bad mother - 2 1/2 year old needs fillings

Miss 2y 9m had her first filling on Saturday. I felt like sh!t. I knew it was going to happen because I've been worried about her back molars since they first came through. They are really craterous and food is always getting stuck there (too deep for the toothbrush to reach so I'm always having to dig stuff out). I wanted them capped over a year ago but the dentist said they don't do it before 6. Fast forward to the weekend - I was worried about them and wanted to ask again about capping them. Turns out it's too late for one of them and the hole has already deepened too far. Filling #1. I basically had a hissy fit and told them they were capping them or I wasn't leaving. They've agreed to do it in a couple of weeks for me. Too late in my opinion, feel like I failed by not pushing it more the last few times I took her. She's so good about brushing (we do it 3 times a day and have done since she got her first tooth at 4months) so it p.is.ses me off that this was taken out of my hands :-(

Edit: she had the filling done there and then. I lay on the chair with her on top of me and basically held her down. Was horrific but they got it done.
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 13-06-2016 at 20:44.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

To be fair, my dentist said not to bother bringing them in till 4!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    To be fair, my dentist said not to bother bringing them in till 4!
    Completely agree. I doubt my youngest will even open her mouth until then!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (14-06-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-06-2016)