+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC #5

We fell first go with them too and I put it down to their technology and methods along with the professor really checking levels were right and also doing an ultrasound guided transfer. They just seem to know what they are doing and I could tell how invested he was in getting us pregnant. His passion for his job is so obvious and that's reassuring when you are investing so much emotionally and financially.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

lnmnd1118  (28-07-2016),TandR  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just trying to catch up on everything! So much to read. The wait is just about over we will start our first IUI next cycle! Any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not too familiar with IUI because we never tried it but my tips in general would be to have realistic expectations of how long it might take to fall (if it happens quickly then it's a bonus 😄) and also to have cash on reserve in case it does take a few goes and you don't want to have to stop and save again. I would have found it hard to be on the road and then stop to save but that's just me. Some actually welcome a forced break from it all as a chance to re-group and emotionally heal etc.

Try to keep a positive frame of mind and just remember at some stage it will happen. Your journey will get you that bub one day so try to enjoy it 😊

Oh and ask lots of questions! If something doesn't seem right then ask about it. You're going to spending a lot of money and you want to feel confident in what's happening.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Amy1926  (31-07-2016),lnmnd1118  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    I'm not too familiar with IUI because we never tried it but my tips in general would be to have realistic expectations of how long it might take to fall (if it happens quickly then it's a bonus 😄) and also to have cash on reserve in case it does take a few goes and you don't want to have to stop and save again. I would have found it hard to be on the road and then stop to save but that's just me. Some actually welcome a forced break from it all as a chance to re-group and emotionally heal etc.

Try to keep a positive frame of mind and just remember at some stage it will happen. Your journey will get you that bub one day so try to enjoy it 😊

Oh and ask lots of questions! If something doesn't seem right then ask about it. You're going to spending a lot of money and you want to feel confident in what's happening.
    Thanks :-) waiting for AF. Current day 15 of my cycle. How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great you are getting started @Amy1928! I found IUIs easy physically as I did unmedicated ones, just blood tests to pinpoint ovulation and then the insemination. Good luck, I hope it works quickly for you! It's the emotional side I found hardest as there was a lot of hopeful expectation.

I'm hoping to do a FET soon if I get any normal embryos on our testing that starts tomorrow!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Amy1926  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 01-08-2016 at 17:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

@jujubean and @gill pill I'm so sorry for hear what's happened. I don't even know what to say. Just know I'm thinking of you both and sending all my support x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

gillpill  (02-08-2016),Juju bean  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 all the best! Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 hope the testing goes well and you get phenomenal news in a few days!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TNTH! They all thawed today, plus one extra I didn't know they had even frozen so we have 7. Of course they will drop off but I just want one good one on Friday... I'm going to be a nervous wreck!