+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did you test again this morning @NandM? I hope that you get a nice surprise on Friday! Come on little embie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No didn't test this morning! I tried yesterday but it was late afternoon and going to the loo alot thru the day so who knows with the chem I had a positive before 6days but it could just be a relaxed embryo lol! I will test before Friday bloods though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed. Have you guys thought of next steps if it's worst case scenario? Fingers crossed you won't need a plan b!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plan b take a month off then go into a second stim cycle 😊 feeling ok if that happens.
    Will probably have a catch up appointment with Dr in the month off and see what she thinks after the last failed 2 we have just had phone calls from her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are prepared even if it comes to that. Fingers crossed you won't need to execute plan b!! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NandM how are you going? Double lines??? 🙏🏼

Good luck for your bloods today!! 😁 I'll be waiting to hear how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No tested yesterday and BFN so I think we are out had more spotting but P4 was 30 on wens blood test.
    I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I've been reading all your posts in the background for a couple of months now which has been very informative.
    My partner and I haven't started TTC yet but I'm just doing all my research.
    I hope to go for an initial appointment with a fertility clinic in the next couple of months to get a fertility check and make sure everything is ok (I have PCOS and take metformin) and then hopefully start IUI early in 2017.
    It's been great reading all your stories and seeing that there are so many same sex couple going through the same journey and there is so much support

I'm so excited to start the process of becoming a mum (I'll carry Bub, my partner isnt interested in being pregnant herself) but affording maternity leave scares me! I know you shouldn't look at the money too much or you'll never have a baby but I'll be taking the time off and government maternity leave + my partners pay doesn't completely cover all expenses so each week we'll have to use a little bit of savings.
    Everyone says you learn to cut down but I really don't know how to cut down on the consistent payments such as mortgage, insurance, car etc etc.
    Does anyone have any little tips?! Sorry if that's a completely stupid statement, it's just doing my head in!!

Anyway nice to meet you all! And I can't wait to start my IUI

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lnmnd1118 For This Useful Post:

gillpill  (17-06-2016),NandM  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome!

If you are worried about finances, i would suggest doing up a tight budget and live within that now. Also consider if refinancing your loans would help to reduce payments. Some home loans will let you convert to interest only for a period of time- rather than principal and interest.

TTC for us was terribly expensive as we are living in outback SA - adding a tonne of travel expenses to our costs - but we were able to budget and plan it properly - even to the point we bought a new car with a 10k deposit in the same month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    No tested yesterday and BFN so I think we are out had more spotting but P4 was 30 on wens blood test.
    I
    Ugh I'm sorry 😔 I was hoping this would be one of those cases where the last one would do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by lnmnd1118 View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been reading all your posts in the background for a couple of months now which has been very informative.
    My partner and I haven't started TTC yet but I'm just doing all my research.
    I hope to go for an initial appointment with a fertility clinic in the next couple of months to get a fertility check and make sure everything is ok (I have PCOS and take metformin) and then hopefully start IUI early in 2017.
    It's been great reading all your stories and seeing that there are so many same sex couple going through the same journey and there is so much support

I'm so excited to start the process of becoming a mum (I'll carry Bub, my partner isnt interested in being pregnant herself) but affording maternity leave scares me! I know you shouldn't look at the money too much or you'll never have a baby but I'll be taking the time off and government maternity leave + my partners pay doesn't completely cover all expenses so each week we'll have to use a little bit of savings.
    Everyone says you learn to cut down but I really don't know how to cut down on the consistent payments such as mortgage, insurance, car etc etc.
    Does anyone have any little tips?! Sorry if that's a completely stupid statement, it's just doing my head in!!

Anyway nice to meet you all! And I can't wait to start my IUI
    Welcome! Plenty of support on here! Hmm money is tricky! It depends on what kind of situation you are in and what your outgoing share vs incoming. We will find it tricky juggling mat leave as well but worked out a pretty good savings plan early on. We were typically saving about $2500 a month but when I go on leave we won't be able to do that which is why we are trying to build up as much as we can before bub arrives. We did 3 stims in 6 months which nearly ruined us but it worked out.

I plan to take 3 months full pay (paid by work) and also take approx 1 month of annual leave (building that up now). If by miracle we can stretch for me to 6 months at half pay we will do that and then I'll take the extra month. We then plan to switch to DW for her to take time off and use the government PPL if she's allowed so that she can be at home too. If not then she can take unpaid leave because we will have my income. We figured because my income is higher and I'm carrying bub then it makes sense financially and also for bonding purposes.

Are you working? Will you get paid mat leave? Who is the higher income earner? How long in total do you want to have off? Can you negotiate who stays home or split the time to help take some financial burden away? I don't think there's anything wrong with dipping into savings to bridge the gap (we will have to if we lose half my income if I go to half pay) but we are saving it for that purpose now.

You have plenty of time to save and plan 😊 It will all come together!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

lnmnd1118  (30-06-2016)