+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Panty liners are good for impending AF, when people have light spotting or excessive CM.
    **Sorry for TMI** but I have to wear them for a few hours during the day on mornings that DP and I have DTD before I get up. Even if I have a shower (which I do every morning), I leak for a while and there's no way I'm letting that just get all over my knickers!!

To answer the OP, things I never buy at the supermarket include, but are not limited to: frozen meals, bunches of flowers and non-alcoholic wine. There's probably more but I'm having trouble thinking of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think my list of what I will buy would be shorter!

I never buy:

Prepared anything - no packet mixes, jars, flavour bases, precooked rice.
    Spam
    Tinned chicken
    Tuna (blergh)
    Frozen food (except peas and icecream)
    Meat - get mine from the butcher
    Most veges - get mine from the fruit and veg shop
    Bread - I prefer the bakery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Not because you can't afford it. You just never would.
    I would never buy
    Air freshener or those things you plug in the wall. The thought of being forced to breathe in those nasty chemicals makes me breathless.

Chewing gum. Pointless.

Panty liners. Snicker. Don't we all change our underwear daily?

Whats something you would never buy?
    Did my answer in the Aldi thread inspire this spin off by any chance? I may be imagining it but it's funny that your first example is air freshener. I only use Glade Sense & Spray in our toilet. I normally hate air freshener, but DP and the boys are stinky so it makes it slightly more bearable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any kind of towels or Manchester, prepared sauces, sushi, or salads. Having worked for a major supermarket growing up, I actually don't have any problems with deli or fish dept item- I know which are actually fresh and which are thawed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Did my answer in the Aldi thread inspire this spin off by any chance? I may be imagining it but it's funny that your first example is air freshener. I only use Glade Sense & Spray in our toilet. I normally hate air freshener, but DP and the boys are stinky so it makes it slightly more bearable.
    I wonder why boys seem to do such stinky poos?

Hmm...I wonder if, on the whole, boys really are stinkier pooers or if I just can't smell my own smell?

Anyway, I never buy tea/tea bags, pork, roll mops, kitchen sponges (they get too festy). I never buy juice.
    Maybe I'll try to buy something I've never bought before on my next shop. That's as adventurous as I get these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree, wouldn't buy the air fresheners as well as frankfurts and similar.

I don't buy seafood from the deli. I go to the fish markets. Only exception is packaged smoked salmon/packaged salmon fillets in the perishable section.

I've never bought sewing supplies at a supermarket as I've never needed to.

Don't buy most supermarket branded breads as they use Palm oil. Other more expensive brands don't seem to have it.

I don't buy bottled flavoured water. The sugar content of the flavouring defeats the purpose of drinking water, I might as well have soft drink!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pet food, because my dogs need super expensive prescription food.

Formula, because both my kids needed super expensive prescription formula (anyone sense a theme here??)

Tinned meats/fish.

Fresh fish - it never looks any good so on the rare occasion I buy fish, I go to a local shop

I generally buy fresh food and staples but I do stash a few easy/cheat/naughty things away in the pantry on occasion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I wonder why boys seem to do such stinky poos?

Hmm...I wonder if, on the whole, boys really are stinkier pooers or if I just can't smell my own smell?
    I wonder exactly the same thing! I rarely smell. Odd.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

Panty liners. Snicker. Don't we all change our underwear daily?
    I don't buy panty liners myself, but was under the impression that they were intended for women experiencing heavy cervical mucus or spotting at the tail end of a period? Or just to freshen up throughout the day when having to change undies multiple times a day isn't possible? That could be due to thrush etc?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Emma 80  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deli meat
    Ready cooked chicken
    Cakes/sponge
    Bagged salad
    Sushi
    Pet products
    Birthday presents (random, I know, but my mum does)