Cat now wee and poo everywhere! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cat now wee and poo everywhere!

Our cat has started to wee on the laundry.. On carpet and caught him pooing in the garage.. Which he never does! Usually he goes in our garden which is what he was taught.
    It's driving is nuts does anyone know why he would have started this?
    I was hopin someone would have been in a similar situation so I can not fork out for a vet visit!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps he doesn't want to go out in the cold and do it?

Does he have a litter box?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does he have a litter box?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a vet. I'd be suspicious that he has decided he doesn't want to go outside for some reason. Cold, another cat, unable to jump through cat door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cats can get 'dirty habits' when they have a uti, so that's worth checking out....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. He hasn't had any issue with the past 6 winters still going outside. He can get in and out of the house whenever he wants through his door. We have another cat who is a few years younger and she doesn't have any issue. Now he wouldn't let me pat him this morning.. So that was another red flag for me..
    Will try cuddle him later.. Maybe he is upset at something but I have no idea what!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many years ago, my cat started peeing and pooing on the lino floor in our kitchen. It was unusual behavior for a previously litter-box trained cat. I took him to the vet for a full checkup including blood work. Turned out he had developed diabetes. Litter trained cats don't usually have accidents around the house unless there is something wrong. Personally I'd take him for a checkup with your vet to rule out anything serious. Good luck - I know how frustrating it can be to be cleaning up mess all of a sudden

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a six-month-old kitten. It was a rocky road as we got her way too young. She weed and pooed everywhere. She's now pretty much litter trained but the other day she apparently started peeing on rugs again (just as we'd introduced some of them back!) Sooo frustrating hey. Not sure what to do, sorry.